1♦1

Eternal Love

(Sungjong’s POV)

“Here’s your pay Sungjong. You did well. So you’re not coming back then?” My boss said as he gave my pay.

“No sir. I needed this for something important. Thank you.” I said and ran to the store that i kept looking at.

For the past few weeks, I had been apart from my girlfriend, Minyoung. Her birthday was coming. We have dated since 14 years old. It has been 6 years we’ve dated and I think it’s time. Time to make her my wife. I talked to her parents and they accepted. I talked to her brother, who also was my close friend and he accepted.

I went in the store as I was greeted by one of the worker. I started to look at the ring. “Can I help you sir?” the worker asked.

“I’m looking for a perfect ring.” I said. The worker went in the back room and came back with a box. “These are out best.”

I looked inside. They had pretty good rings. I looked closely and carefully at each rings. “I like that one.” I said.

I paid her the money and thanked her before leaving. I started to feel nervous. I got home and laid on my bed thinking back to the past.

(Flashback)

I was hanging out with my hyung, L. We were goofing around as we usually did. I saw a beautiful girl running. Her hair was up in a ponytail which made her look cute. L hit on my head staring at her and said, “No.”

“Why?” I asked as I was rubbing my head.

“Because that’s my sister, idiot.” He said.

“What?! How come you didn’t tell me you had a sister?” I asked him. I was bit shocked. They looked nothing like each other. “What’s her name?”

“Minyoung.”

She ran toward us and greeted. “Annyeong, oppa.” She waved at L and bowed at me. I bowed back. She had a pink cheeks and her chest was rising and falling as she tried to take in as much air as she could.

“I’m going to take a dip in the pool. Do want to come because I don’t want to go alone?” She asked.

“Sure.” I jumped up and walked beside Minyoung.

“It begins…” L mumbled.

(Flashback end)

*****

(Minyoung’s POV)

It was a day before my birthday. I wanted to spend it with my boyfriend so I couldn’t wait. But I was worried that he’s forgotten it. I hadn’t seen him for the past few weeks. He ignored my calls and texts. I didn’t know if he remembered it but I just want to spend it with him.

I was studying then my phone started to ring. It was Sungjong. I quickly picked it up. “Annyeong!!.”I answered cheerfully.

“Oh. Sorry, Minyoung. I can’t go out with you tomorrow. I have some things to do with my friends.” He said and hung up.

That night I couldn’t sleep because I was too upset. Were his friends more important than his own girlfriend? I kept hoping he would change his mind.

(Minyoung’s Birthday)

When I woke up, I checked my phone hoping a text from Sungjong. But there were none. He didn’t even wish me a happy birthday? I called and texted him but there was no reply. I thought he would be the first person to wish me a happy birthday. But I was wrong.  I was still waiting for Sungjong to say that.

(Sungjong’s POV)

Why are they not here? I called Dongwoo hyung. “HYUNG, WHERE ARE YOU?” I shouted.

“I’M AT YOUR FRONT DOOR SO OPEN UP.” He shouted back.

I rushed to the door and opened it. My hyungs came in with big bunch of bags.

We started to prepare. I got a message. It was Minyoung. I really wanted to text back.

“Did she text again?” Sungyeol asked. I nodded.

I sighed and put my phone on the table.

“Sungjong. Come here.” L called me. I went to him.

“You are going to propose her. If you hurt her, you are so dead. I mean DEAD. I’m counting on you. Ugh. I’m letting my own friend marry my sister. You better take care of her.” He said.

“I will. I will. So don’t worry.” I hugged him.


Chapter 2 coming soon