Alone

DaeJae Oneshots
 
 
Daehyun stretched and rolled over with a smile, reaching for the warmth at the other side of bed, deciding to snuggle for a while. When his hand found nothing but cold sheets, he opened one eye, then the other before sitting up in confusion. He stretched again and yawned before he remembered, collapsing backwards with a groan and throwing the covers back over himself. Youngjae wasn’t there to keep him warm while he woke up slowly.
 
Dae sulked under the blankets for a while before an urgency in his bladder meant he had to leave his little cocoon.
He rolled to the edge of the mattress before slowly crawling off the bed and stumbling to his feet. He shuffled to the bathroom, rubbing his bleary eyes and took care of his business. Turning to wash his hands he spotted the solitary toothbrush in the cup on the shelf and pouted. He missed his Jae making funny faces at him as he scrubbed his teeth, smacking his lips as he rinsed and giving Dae a minty kiss before he went to make breakfast.
Daehyun picked up his toothbrush, trying to ignore the memories and brushed his teeth, avoiding the mirror. He decided to forgo a shower and all the memories of Jae laughing at his singing while washing his hair, or him pinning a Jae against the wet tile and he decided to go in search of food.
 
He wandered through his apartment, picking up random objects and smiling as they brought on memories. He ran his fingers along the desk, seeing Youngjae poring over his books while Dae tried repeatedly to distract him into using the desk for other, more exciting, pursuits. He passed the sofa, remembering movie nights, where he would cuddle Jae close while the silly old romance movies Jae insisted on watching would play. Jae would inevitably fall asleep, curled into Dae’s side, drawing his attention down to the cuteness of his sleeping face. He would wake up just as the credits roll, smiling up into Dae’s face before pulling him down for a kiss - which would nearly always lead to them making love on the sofa cushions, Jae crying out Daehyun’s name as he came.
He recalled the number of times he’d come home during the winter to find Jae sprawled across the rug in front of the fireplace like a cat, blankets piled high and a book in his hand. He’d practically leapt into his arms as soon as he’d noticed Dae was home and talked him into making them hot chocolate (with the little marshmallows) and joining Jae in his nest of warmth.
 
He smiled sadly as he entered the kitchen, seeing images of Jae cooking their dinner, tongue peeking out of his lips as he concentrated on cutting the vegetables perfectly, or adding just the right amount of something. He recalled a valentines night where Dae had come home with Jae’s present to find him waiting in the kitchen. He was wearing only a bow, holding a box of chocolates he’d made and Dae had lost all ability to form coherent thoughts. He had taken Jae, right there and then, on top of the kitchen table, and again on the floor, Jae riding him to completion. He’d had red marks on his from rubbing against the floor tiles for days. Himchan had gotten completely the wrong idea when he spotted that Dae couldn’t sit down without wincing.The laughter was worth it though.
 
He wasn’t really hungry, but he knew he had to keep going. Jae wouldn’t have wanted him to starve.
He shuffled over to the kitchen, and suddenly a lack of energy had him sat on the floor in front of the refrigerator, sighing heavily. Deciding everything was too much effort without having his boyfriend there anymore, he curled up in a ball, cheek pressed to the floor as he swung the fridge door back and forth.
 
Open. Close. Light on. Light Off.
 
He lost track of time, remembering lots of silly little things that he missed about Youngjae being there. If he turned his head a little bit he could see the spot where Jae’s jacket usually sat - now bare, and the hook where his keys lived - again, bare. He could see the small pile of clothes in front of the washer, all Daehyun’s, and he simply couldn’t be bothered.
 
A key in the lock, shuffling, and a pair of big feet were suddenly in front of Dae’s face. He follows the legs and torso upwards to see Himchan staring down at him with one eyebrow raised.
“You are pathetic.”
 
Daehyun just groaned and poked the feet out of the way of his perfect view of his stuffed rabbit, part of a pair Jae gave him for his last birthday, sat on the sofa looking sad that its companion was missing.
 
“So, I heard from Jae.” There was a clatter then a bowl and pair of chopsticks was placed in front of Dae’s face. “He knew you’d be moping, said he was worried about you eating. Sent me to give you food.”
“If he was so worried he wouldn’t have left me on my own.” Daehyun pushed his bottom lip out and peered curiously into the bowl before sitting up and beginning to eat.
Daehyun could feel Himchan rolling his eyes. “Well, as much as I’d love to stand here and watch you sulk, I have a date. Bye!” And with that Himchan was gone and his home (it didn’t really feel much of a home though without Jae here) was too quiet again. Dae finished eating and pushed his bowl aside, resuming his position with his cheek on the floor, muttering how his 'so-called friend didn't care and he might as well die here alone on the floor'.
 
Hours later and he heard the door again. Lots of rustling and he opened his eyes to see his favourite person looking down at him with a frown. “What on earth are you doing down there?”
 
Dae’s face lit up and he shot to his feet, jumping on the shorter man, nearly crying in relief.
“I m-miiiiiiiissed youuuuu!” Dae wailed into Youngjae’s ear, making him wince.
“Yah! I told you I was going to be gone for all of one night to visit my sister.”
Dae pulled back with a frown. “But I woke up and you weren’t there...I missed you so much Jagi, don’t leave me ever again!”
“Pabo.” Youngjae knocked Daehyun’s forehead. “Have you eaten? Did Himchan visit?”
 
Daehyun nodded and picked up Youngjae, throwing him over his shoulder as he walked across the apartment.
“Wh-what are you doing?! Yah! Let me down! I thought you’d want to see the present you demanded I bring you back.”
“Nope. That can wait.” Dae gave Jae’s a quick pinch, smiling at the yelp. “I’m welcoming you home properly.”
 
______________________________________________________
 
“You’re such a child. I don’t know why I put up with you.”
“You know why you put up with me”
“DAe, I swear, if you don’t stop waggling your eyebrows like that, I’m going to shave them off in your sleep”
“WHAT?! How could you?! Jae wouldn’t let you!....Hey, Jagi, stop laughing!”
“Yeah, but think of how much fun it would be to write? It’d get the readers laughing.”
“They’re already laughing at how pathetic he is. I can’t believe all you thought about was where we ended up screwing!”
“Shut up. Stop ganging up on me.”
“See? like a three year old? Foot stomp and everything”
“Fine!”
“Aww you’d better go cheer him up before he properly sulks. He really did miss you.”
“You’re probably right. Though...you might wanna make yourself scarce, if you know what I mean...”
“Now its you with the damn wagglebrows. And you wonder why all he thinks about is you two screwing...I’m gonna go annoy Himchan. See you later.”
______________________________________________________
 
 
I was soooo close to putting the word ‘Mard’ in there,calling Dae a 'mard apeth' but realised its a very local term. Most of you probably wouldn’t understand it without looking it up (unless you're big fans of the Arctic Monkeys), and its not really something Jae would say. *Sigh* The perils of living in a place with a stupid dialect - it seeps into your brain - I have to remember to switch to 'proper english'.
So, yeah. I’m back to teasing. =p hehe. Or as I like to call it ‘implied ’ since you totally know what’s going on. And since it’s implied, and not explicit, I didn’t mark it as M. I can change it if you’d rather.
This didn’t sound as mopey as I wanted it to, but I’m really not in a mopey mood so its hard to do. Both of my other main fics are at points where I’m torturing the characters, I hate doing that, so I’m distracting myself by writing DaeJae. I’m sure you’re all disappointed... ;)
I’ll stop rambling now. Keep commenting, I love hearing from you all!