Daunting

Captured Pearl

Daunting - Chapter 4

Hana growled deeply to the other who stood his ground solidly. She crouched down near the ground, ready to pounce anytime as she growled lower than she did before. Still, he stood he ground, peering at her tall and proud. In the glimpse of the moonlight, she noticed his long black fur and his golden eyes staring right through her own.

 
He noticed her white, silky fur that shone in the moonlight. Her red eyes glaring at him like a devil, slowly step by step, she became closer than he expected her to. Now, it was his opportunity. He sprinted off without having any exceptions.
 
Her eyes widened visibly and without hesitation, she sprinted off after the boy. All that filled her mind was revenge, destroying everything in her path, anything and everything that would stop her from what she wanted to do. Right now, that wolf was in her path and she wanted to kill it.
 
She quickly followed the wolf and followed it in steps. They weaved through trees, sticks and logs. It was when the wolf in front took a sharp corner and head straight from there with his speedy legs. Hana followed from behind and also took the turn, just a bit slower.
 
At that moment when she took the sharp turn, she didn’t see anything or anyone in front of her. She came to a stop and slid across the slippery ground beneath. Hana slowly and cautiously took steps and looked around her for any signs of the other wolf.
 
Suddenly, she felt a large figure pounce on top of her and she went stumbling forward. Long arms wrapped around her neck. She howled quietly as she couldn’t breath through the person’s strong hold. Hana staggered around the place and she collapsed onto both hands and knees, gagging. She felt her face transform again and the rest of her body.
 
He didn't stop yet. As Hana kept gagging, the looser his hold was coming about but it still was till the point where she was choking. She tapped on the boy’s arm that was wrapped around rapidly. Didn't release her.
 
Hana's gagging and struggling all came slowly to a stop as she fell limply into the boy’s arms. He lay her down onto the ground and checked her pulse with his two long fingers on his right hand. She was alive, just sleeping. He breathed out lightly in relief and picked her up, as softly and gently as possible.
 
He huffed a bit as he stood up straight and tall. Even though the boy was strong and Hana didn’t weigh much,  he knew he just need a bit more strength in him to get her back. Hana’s head was bent back over his arm and her right arm drooped beside her.
 
He looked at her pale face and wiped the sweaty hair out of her pale face. He turned around and went back to where he came from, sharply turning to the left. He tried looking over the girl who was laying limply in arms but couldn’t see directly over.
 
After a couple or more minutes, the boy reached an old looking cottage. Very old indeed. The wood was peeling off of itself, windows were smashed, the roof of it looked like parts of it had been torn off and to be honest, it looked like it was on a small slant.
 
He walked calmly over towards it, as if it were a palace. Which it was the complete opposite. He walked up the sloppy steps and gently kicked the door open, even though he already knew she wouldn't wake up until the next morning. 

The boy entered the run down cottage. He glanced around the room subconsciously and lead the way down to the lounge room. He gently placed the girl in his arms onto the half furnished sofa. At least she was small.

After a few moments, the boy check her from head to toe, checking if she had any sort of injury. None were suspected. He exhaled deeply again in relief and went upstairs to his own room. 

The floor boards creaked as he went up each step. He knew the girl laying on the couch wouldn't be waking up right now so he didn't mind. He reached his bedroom and flung open the door as it hit the door stop with a bang. He entered and didn't bother to close the door.

He stood in front of the bed and stared it down, slowly starting to lean forward. When he felt like his legs were about to snap, he flopped himself down onto the squeaky bed. Even though it was broken and didn't sound nice, it felt good to be on a bed after days without sleep. 

Crawling to the top of the broken mattress, the wind blew through the window giving him a cool breeze as he lay down, clothes and all. It didn't take long for himself to fall into deep slumber. Couldn't be stuffed thinking any longer.

-------
 
Hana stirred in her sleep and mumbled. She smelt the fresh, beautiful aroma of eggs that were currently being cooked. Eyes widening, she shot up and stared at the strange place. What the hell happened? Where was she? This scared the living day lights out of her as she slowly and gently walked to a table that was supposedly place in the dining room.  
 
She followed the scent of the eggs and bacon as it became stronger every step that she took. She kept peering from left to right and behind too just to make sure nobody was here to murder her. She shuddered at the thought.
 
She took a quick peek around the corner of the room and saw a boy, much taller than herself, facing the stove as he flipped an egg. Creeping around the corner, Hana tip toed her way towards him when a loud crack was heard from underneath her.

The boy visibly jumped and spun on his heels, his eyes almost bulging out of his sockets in utter shock. He saw the girl just standing in front of him with a tint of pink flushed on her cheeks. His shoulders sagged as he let out a relieved sigh. Never had he thought she would wake up at this time. Maybe at noon but definitely not nine o'clock in the morning

There was a moment of silence as she stared through the taller and what seemed to be older boy's eyes. She coughed and he shifted his gaze to around the room. "Er... Hi?" The boy said, scratching the nape of his neck.

"I think the eggs are burning," Hana notified as she smelt the aroma of the fresh eggs starting to burn.
 
His sight went straight the the eggs as he too, smelt the burning eggs in the air. He stared down at the two eggs and pieces of bacon. His eyes expanded widely as he spun around again. Hana saw all of his movements as he frantically tried saving the burning eggs.

It was pretty funny to see someone be like this but Hana didn't bother to laugh. He flopped the food onto a plate that had been sitting there for a long amount of time. He breathed out heavily at himself for not being as careful. What an idiot. 

As the boy was examaning the eggs and bacon carefully, Hana leant to the left to see if the were burnt and not to much of a surprise, the edges were nice, crispy and burnt. Just how she hated it. 

"Need help?" Her voice sounded through the ongoing crackling of the food. The elder jumped in shock again but this time bumping his head on the cabinet above. He winced in pain as he held his head. What a complete idiot. 

Hana rolled her eyes and maneuvered her way to the freezer. She opened the fridge door and this is when the other started to notice. "H-hey!" he called as he rushed over towards the small girl as she grabbed something from the freezer. Didn't she know it was his house and his belongings?

Before anything else stupid was conducted, Hana pulled a bag out of the top draw of the freezer, throwing it to the boy as he marched towards her holding his head with one hand. When the freezing cold bag was in mid air, the boy made faces as he was ready to catch the on coming bag. He stumbled around the kitchen with his hand held out in front of him.

He stopped stumbling when he caught the bag. He caught it. He actually caught it. At least it was something that he had done right. Smiling at his own achievement, he started to walk backwards to where he had left off, still smiling and staring down at the bag. Oh, how stupid he looked. He didn't care one bit though. 

Whilst still holding his head, smiling and staring down at a useless cold bag, he slipped on something light and small. He squealed loudly and he fell to the ground where the cracked tiles were set neatly in rows. Well, were. He groaned and rubbed sore back. At least he didn't smash his head again.

Rolling a bit, he looked up to the girl that was standing in front of him, arms crossed and shaking her head from side to side in disapproval. He smiled sheepishly up at her as he rubbed the nape of his neck embarrassedly. "Hi..." He said uneasily as he stood up, grasping the cold bag as well.

Hana let a breathy sigh as she nudged her head towards the dining room. "You can bring your eggs if you want to," she told him and lead off first to the table with the poor boy following behind with his plate of eggs and bacon that he had currently grabbed. Why was she the one leading him through his house? It didn't feel right. Weird and unusual he kept thinking. 

They both reached the dining in quite a slow pace and Hana pulled out a chair for the clumsy boy. He stared at her, then to the chair, then back to her. He hesitantly manoeuvred himself over towards the girl before him and slid into the creaky seat.

Snatching the bag out of the boys hands, she stood behind him and rested it on the very centre of his head, where he first bumped his head on the cabinet. He hissed at the sudden coldness on his head and nearly scraped his arm. She hadn't said anything except for holding the bag in place. 

"I'll help heal your head and you can tell what's going on, okay?" It wasn't like a question, more like a command and the boy put his thumb up in agreement. "You can eat while your at it as well." With that statement, he grabbed his knife and fork and started cutting up his food. 

"Okay, so don't get scared or worried of what I'm about to say because to be honest it's completely natural," he started off. "but aren't you going to eat?" 

Hana shook her head in denial. "I've just woken up, I'm not hungry right now."

He nodded his head. "Well first off, my name is Kyuhyun and I've been living here for..." He paused for a moment. "Four years. Okay, so going into the detail of you, you are- ow!" He cries and rubs his sore arm. 

"Sorry," She murmurs and a sheepish smile crosses her face.

He heaves out a sigh and continues. "So, as I was saying, you are a wolf, like me. You can change into your wolf form anytime but at exactly ten o'clock in the night, on a full moon, you will transform into a wolf automatically. No way out of it, unless you are born without this happening, like I am. But on every fifth full moon of the year, you basically become immortal and this is the stage where you become a Rogue, deadliest creatures alive. That was the first Rogue experience you've had. For now that is. First transformation is always at Rogue point," he explains. "Your the youngest transformation that I've heard of. Plus, there are wolves scattered all over the world, but none are females."

Hana creases her eyebrows into knots of confusion. "None females? What's that supposed to mean? That I'm a man or something? Or I will die soon? What's it supposed to mean?" She says. 

His mouth twitches. "That would mean that your the only female wolf alive. Your called the Black Pearl,"

______________________

so I'm sorry for the late update. Been busy and I'm really sorry for that. Um enjoy the update (?) and remember that I love you