Letting It Go

Captured Pearl

Letting It Go - Chapter 3

Sunlight couldn't be seen as Hana woke up that morning. Pictures of her parents, friends and family friends, flashed into her mind. Having to see anyone around her smile made her smile. When someone was sad, she was sad too. Now, she didn’t have anybody, no one to comfort her when she’s down, no one to make her smile, no one at all. She had nobody.
 
She was nobody.
 
She stepped out of the little brick house with eyes that you could classify as swollen. She raised her hands above her brown eyes, adjusting to the sun that was beaming down on her. 
 
It didn't seem like sunshine though. Not one bit. It felt like cold rain pouring down on her, hailstones hitting her and only her. It honestly felt like some just whacked her in the head with a baseball bat.
 
She let out a shaky sigh and started walking to where she first entered. She flipped the black hoodie over her head, starring down at the ground and looking up occasionally to see where she was going. She shoved her small hands into the pockets of her black jumper.
 
Hana remembered the ring on her right hand and pulled her hand out of her pocket. It shimmered brightly under sun. For a split second, it turned black and Hana stopped walking and jumped back in surprise. Must be imagining things, she thought and quickly shoved her hand back into her pocket.
 
"This is the way I know you will be safe", her mums final words that she said to her replayed in her mind repeatedly.
 
"How is mums ring supposed to keep me safe?" Hana muttered to herself quietly as she arrived at a sign saying, 'LEE MINJOON AND LEE HANA'S FOREST!" It was in messy writing because she was the one who wrote it. Her father told her what to write and she copied but it came out messier. This was a forest that only her parents and herself knew about. Well at least she thought.
 
Smiling sadly, Hana walked off again to the nearest food store. Her smile vanished when she reached a sidewalk where heaps of business people were walking past. They eyed her weirdly but continued walking quickly to where ever they are going.

Hana didn't care one bit.
 
She kept walking with her head down low, occasionally bumping into people but not bothering to say sorry. She was always so polite to people but now she really didn't care. Why would she anyway? They didn’t care about her.
 
Hana reached a cheap food store and went inside. She grabbed some food like raymun and soy sauce and a small pot. As Hana was walking towards the cash register to pay, she saw that the news was on and she looked up at the wrong time.
 
"Breaking News! The famous Lee family that owned one of the most expensive companies in the world has died during a fire yesterday along with their only child, Lee Hana. The house was deliberately lit as police and investigators have found two large empty canisters of petrol. The person who was guilty for doing this has yet to be found. We will have more news later when we have discovered more,” The reporter says standing outside of a once upon a time house that Hana couldn’t believe that it was hers.
 
She couldn’t take it any longer and ignored the news, making her way to the register. She sighed annoyingly and passed over the supplies that she was going to buy. She had seen her mum do this a lot so she sort of knew what to do. 
 
"Twenty dollars please." The cashier said pushing her things back to her in a plastic bag. Hana had no idea how much that was so she just gave a random note to the lady. “Uh,” the lady started as she stared down at the note. “You still need to give me one more of those notes,”

Without looking at her, Hana pulled out the exact same note and gave it to her. The lady bowed deeply and Hana just nodded her head, taking her stuff and leaving.
 
-

It was late at night and for dinner Hana ate raymun and soy sauce. She was not that hungry considering that she just ate. She had also bought a lighter so that she could start a fire. It took her a while for Hana to figure out how to use the lighter and then some more how to make raymun. It wasn't bad, considering that she was only a six year old.
 
Earlier that night, when she was walking back from the market, she had vowed to herself to never trust anyone and to never ever love anyone the way she had loved her family. Why? If she ever did, then it would just remind her of how much she lost and how much she loved. Besides, who would bother to step into her life anyway? She was just and 'ex' famous child who had been forgotten, lost in the dust of her house of where she needn't lay. 

Why doesn't she just show herself, expose herself to everyone and make them believe that she is indeed alive and living? She thinks that if she did, she would be the centre of attention and she wouldn't want to be in that situation. It would be hard to contain all the news reports and all so why bother

She doesn't want to do that because even if she does she will make headlines and be centre of attention for a very long period of time, and she knows that. She isn't that stupid. She hates being centre of attention. She hasn't been it yet but she's seen celebrities on the news being crowded by news reporters. Who would want to be in all of that? Well, not Hana.
 
Hana sat around the small fire that she had managed to start an glanced at the crackling fire. She lay down on the grass and looked through the cracks in the trees and saw the stars. "Your there somewhere," she murmured quietly, pointing up at the sky. "Your there watching over me, protecting me."
 
She let her arm flop beside her as she still gazed up at the sky. She was tired but managed to stay awake next to the fire for an hour or so. Hana unconsciously closed her eyes and drifted her way off to dreamland. 

She was sure that her parents were protecting her.

-
 
In the late afternoon the next day, Hana decided to 'move' into an alleyway, in a part of the city where no one really goes often. She had found the perfect spot. Or she will.
 
She was casually roaming around the streets trying to find an empty alleyway that didn't have anything or presumably anyone in there and then she bumped into someone. She stumbled back a bit but quickly regained balance.

"Sorry," Hana heard the boy apologise quickly. Sounded about the same age as her but just had a deeper voice. She looked up at him, still with a hoodie covering her head and the sun casting shadows over her face so the boy couldn't see her clearly. From Hana's perspective, he was quite tall and he had black hair, his bangs swept to the side.

"Sorry," a lady said from behind him, presumably his mother. She was also quite tall and slim. The boy bowed apologetically towards Hana and she bowed back, just to be 'nice'. "Come on Chanyeol, let's go," the mother said, tugging the so called boy, Chanyeol's, hand. She bowed once more and lead Chanyeol down the street.

He looked back at the girl standing there, her back facing the other way. She seemed extraordinarily familiar.

Once the boy was out of sight, she started getting back on track and kept looking forward. She tilted her head to the left until she heard a crack. She furrowed both of her eyebrows together until the almost perfectly knitted together. Why did he seem so unusually familiar?

-

Hana exhaled heavily. She found her place in an alleyway and it was near dark now. On a full moon. She hated them. It would always make her grumpy or mad for no reason and today wasn't a good day for a full moon considering...
 
She looked at the moon and then at her ring. Twirling it round and round, she examined it closely, wanting to see if it would turn black once again. But it didn't. Hana scrunched up her nose and took the ring off, placing it in her pocket and zipping it up.
 
Standing up, she thought she might be able to roam around the dark town with only a few cars zooming past. Maybe three a hour? She took two steps but sharp pain shot through her leg and she crumpled to the ground groaning. She slowly stood up again but immense pain rippled through her left arm.
 
Hana clutched her arm as she limped her way over to the foot path. Both of her legs collapsed and she hit the ground and she screamed. It hurt like hell. She felt both her knee caps and elbows pop and she screamed again.

Her breath hitched up into as she breathed heavily. She dragged herself near the footpath and both arms tensed up and he couldn't move them. Her legs did the same. 

She cursed through gritted teeth at all the sudden pain. What the hell was happening? Her neck popped and she twisted it side ways and she screamed louder and harder. Her ankles cracked and she tried screaming but her jaw had dislocated itself. How is this possible?

A shadow moved from behind the walls and it came closer. She stared at it with teary eyes as it picked her up. "Hole in there," it spoke and it now she knows it's a boy. They moved out into the blurry lights of the street. The boy looked around and then sprinted off down the street. He was extremely fast or could be classified as inhumane.

Hana felt her hands shrinking along with her feet. She wanted to scream as loud as she could but she knew that she would not be able to. Her back arched uncontrollably, it almost looking like it was a perfect round 'C'. She didn't focus on the pain anymore but focused on how quick they arrived in the forest. Her eyes widened. How did he know about this?

The boy lay her down on all fours as she felt how her body shrivelled up. She had felt how her face had transformed but couldn't see it. She went to touch it but saw that her hands had been switched into paws. She stared at it wildly. What the hell was happening?!  She growled. Literally... growled.

Hana stopped to listen to herself. What had she become? A monster? She didn't know. Her neck cracked for a final time and she howled loudly. She then crouched into a sly, sneaky position. She was hungry. Hungry to kill, hungry for revenge.

She scarcely looked around for the boy. Where was he? Where did he go? She kept glancing around the place and finally spotted a furry creature near the corner of a tree. He looked exactly like a wolf.