chapter 2

WHO ARE YOU ?

Who are you? – chapter 2

Minho’s POV:

“Yah! Minho!” – I was still hearing Key’s loud voice behind my back. Sometimes he always acted like that – really annoying. But he was one of my best friends after all – a weird best friend.

          I walked out of the building and leaded to the place where an couple were waiting for me.

          The woman brought out a warm smile to me:

-“Minho, how has you been doing recently? Don’t you know I miss you so much, sweety?”

I smiled back, tried to comfort her:

-“I’m sorry, mom. I am focusing on my new album. I’ll drop by our house next week. I promise.”

-“Don’t promise. You broke so many promises before. A man just promises when he knows he can keep it.” – The man looked at me with ice gaze. He was my dad, who’s never changed his attitude before anything. I still remembered when I was 8, because of a football match, I broken my leg. The moment I fallen on the ground, he still stood there with that cold eyes, not even just one blink. All he said those stupid sentences back then still stuck on me all the time.

-“C’mon! Honey!” – My mom lifted her hand to his side – “Don’t bring a war at here. We need to hurry up. Mr Choi must be waiting for us.”

          She dragged my arm:

-“ Let’s go, my handsome boy. It’s been a long time we couldn’t have dinner together.”

I smiled at her, it seems in parents’ eyes, their kids are always the best. But it wasn’t true to my dad.

……………..

          I was looking around. It was such a luxury place. So that’s what people called “places for wealthy people”. In front of me, my father was talking happily to his friend, a business man – Mr.Choi. It’s so funny when we had the same last name. In some random jokes of theirs, that man even said that if I marry his daughter then she won’t have to change her last name following her husband. I couldn’t understand why a father had to find a boyfriend for his 16 years old daughter. It was too early for any girls, wasn’t it ? But just like all haughty girls coming from rich families I’d ever known, I could be sure this girl was the worst. Maybe her father was worried because his daughter was too bad that nobody wanted to get along with her. It was really weird when my father who never showed me any warm actions since the day I was born was laughing in joy during that dinner. I was so jealous with that man. Maybe in some ways just like me, I couldn’t joke with my dad like other sons but I was different in front of SHINee’s members. So did my father, he changed when being with his childhood friend…

- “ I heard Minho is a member of a famous idol group, isn’t he ?” – Mr.Choi looked at me with an admiring look.

- “Ah” – My dad uttered – “I wanted him to get a better job but… you know, children nowadays always don’t obey what their parents told”.

I smirked secretly, I tried to cover it by a fake shy smile. Yes, it was my father, who I saw like a mirror for a long time, who I thought he’s a true man, but until now I had to accept a true that he also was the one who never admired anything I did from the day I decided to become a singer.

He would never know how many times I cried out in my room because my teacher said I had a lacking singing- ability, he would never know how many times I had to held on myself from screaming because of the hurt from many bruises I’d got in my practice room…

- “Oh, being a singer isn’t a bad choice” – My dad’s friend smiled – “My daughter wanted to be a singer, too. She passed an audition in America so it was the reason why I came back Korea. I wanted to support her career”

I widen my eyes, What? It seemed that girl wasn’t really bad. At least she had a dream. To me anyone who lives for their dreams always is a good person.

I asked him without hesitate:

- “Really? OMG. Which company she will join, Sir?”

- “ Oh, it’s SMent. She‘ll be an official trainee of theirs in next week” – Mr.Choi said while his eyes showed a happy feeling. He must be proud of his daughter so much. I couldn’t believe in my ears, that girl would be a member of my hug family- SMTOWN, how small this world is.

- “It’s great. She will be in the same company with Minho”- my dad clapped his hands – “They will have more chances to know about each others”.

- “Yes!” – The man stated – “As I see, Minho is such a good boy, I believe Minho will help Sulli a lot”.

Yeas, Sulli, that was the girl’s name, it wasn’t a special name but at least now then I felt more comfortable when hearing her name. After all, if she could pass the SM’s audition then she must have some talent.

- “I thought I could had met your wife”- my mom starred another topic- “I was looking forward to seeing the woman who could bring up such a pretty girl like Sulli”

- “Yes, I’m really sorry. My wife, she still couldn’t leave NewYork, my parents were still a little sick. She wants to take after them”.

I stared at that man once again, he must love his wife so much, every time my parents asked about his wife, he always said in a gentle voice and a happy face. Even I really hated this kind of dates but I couldn’t hate the man in front of me. He had such a warm heart and kind soul. Every word he said about his precious daughter was full of happiness. He made me get a better impression about that girl I never met. I wondered how much pretty she was that even made my mom have to talk about her like that. My mom showed me her picture one time but I didn’t give it a look, actually I threw it somewhere when my mom gave it to me…

When I still sank in my thoughts I heard a soft voice uttering behind my back:

-“Hello Mr& MS.Choi ! I’m sorry for my lateness”.

My mom shifted her head quickly to the side of that voice, she got up immediately with a bright smile:

- “Oh you must be Sulli. Wow you’re so beautiful. You are such a lucky person who has a daughter like this, Mr.Choi. Come here, come here Sulli. Let’s have dinner together”.

I was a little shocked at my mom’s react. She had never praised any girl pretty before. It made me more be curious about the girl named Sulli. I turned back my head to get a clearer view to see her.

The moment when I saw her face, everything around me was like immobilized. I met so many wealthy girls before but she was totally different from all of them. Wearing just a simple white dress, she was slowly reaching to near me. It was unexpected when I realized she didn’t have any make-up. Her bare face was perfect with her soft skin, a black long hair and stunning eye-smiles. When Sulli showed off her smile, my heart seemed jumping out of my chest. Her eyes-smile, if you get a chance to see it, you’ll be beaten right away. She slowly sat down opposite of me, her dad batted her hair slightly:

-“ Yeah, this is my daughter. Her name’s Choi Sulli”.

All during that dinner, I couldn’t take off my eyes out of Sulli. The way she dirked, the way she talked, the way she smiled, everything was so wonderful. Sulli must be the most feminine one I’d ever met.

          I ever choked when she starred talking to me:

-“So you’re Minho? A member of SHINee band ?”

-“Oh… Yes … did … did you ever listen to our music?” – I asked and hoped at least my group was popular enough to get her attention.

-“Yes!” – She smiled – “Actually I know your group really well.”

-“Oh.. really?” – I tried to calm down myself from jumping in happiness – “So… which song you like best?”

- “Ah…Uhm… ‘Love should go on’, I like it a lot. ‘love forever, last forever...’ ” – She sang a short line of that song.

Her beautiful voice blew my mind a way.

It’s not even our title song, it was the first time some one who wasn’t our fans knew about other songs in our album. I didn’t know why but the girl who was sitting in front of me, she was such the most attractive girl I’d ever seen.

-“ I hear you’ll attend SM entertainment, right?”- My mom said

-“Yes, Ms. Choi. It’s my dream. I want to be a singer.”

-“So how about your study?”

-“I’ll give her to Seoul-Art High school” – Sulli’s father answered - “Even she’ll be busy with her training time but I don’t want she quit school.”

-“Wow”- I raised my voice – “You’ll be the same High school with Taemin”.

-“Who?” – Sulli look at me curiously.

-“Taemin! A member of my group. You don’t know our members’ names?” – I wondered why did she tell that she knows us well, but how could she didn’t know our names.

-“Oh.. Yeah! I know, there’re Key, Onew, Jonghyun and you- Minho.”

-“Yes! And Taemin, don’t forget him.” – I felt really weird, almost people who like us always remembered Taemin first. You know, our cute Taemin never failed in gaining girls’ attention. But this girl – She was really strange. All the time in our conversation, I talked about Taemin a couple of times but she always asked again who Taemin was. Actually I was a little happy, sometimes I was jealous when I saw girls always liked Taemin more than me, I even thought maybe Taemin was my biggest rival. But this time, it seemed I won since the first second.

This girl, Sulli, she looked like a princess stepping out from a fairy tale story, like a doll from wonderful land. She always smiled and looked at me when I talked. She made me felt like I was a important person. Actually she did the same to others at that dinner.

          My parents, maybe they loved her a lot. It was the first time I saw my dad laughed when hearing others’ jokes.

Everything became awkward when my parents and Sulli’s dad left us alone (my mom said they wanted us have a chance to know more about each other).

          A silent time appeared between us. I even couldn’t eat any more, all I could do was drinking my water. Why did I feel so thirsty ??? But Sulli, she still enjoyed her meal and didn’t look at me even just one time.

I broke the uncomfortable atmosphere first, after all I was a boy, I couldn’t hope a girl would take the move first, right? :

-“So... who do you like best among us?”- I asked – “I mean us -SHINee”.

She didn’t lift her head up to me, she kept cutting the slice of beef on her dish and slowly chewed.

-“You should finish your food”- she suddenly talked in a cool tone-“this place isn’t cheap. You’ll scream if you see the bill for today”.

I looked at her carefully when hearing she said that. Was she the girl I’d known just one hour before? The one Who always smiled and talked to me in a warm voice? But maybe I was wrong, she must be a person who didn’t like wasting money. I smirked and continued eating a little. Fine, if she wanted to, I would not mind to do.

I tried to drive back to my story:

-“You still not yet answer my question. Who do you…”

-“Junsu”- she interrupted me – “I like Junsu best”

-“Junsu ? who’s Junsu?”- I laughed – “You forget again. We don’t have that name in our group”.

-“Junsu from 2pm”- she looked up with a strange smile – “why I have to like someone from your group?”

I widened my eyes, what was she talking about?

-“Oh. I … I didn’t mean that. I just … just …”

-“Just what? SHINee’s members always be like that, right? Too much confident about yourself”- she smirked

I felt a little mad, how could she say that when she’d just met me for the first time?

-“I think you shouldn’t say like that. Don’t you see it’s a little …”- I stopped because the words I wanted to speak out not really right.

-“Impolite or even rude” – she murmured – “don’t make me look bad, oppa. I said I know SHINee well but I didn’t say I like.”

Even she called me “oppa” but I wasn’t happy at all. I could feel her “oppa” word was like a joke.

- “I know” – I tried to control myself – “But at least don’t say like you hate us”.

- “Yep, I do” – Sulli rolled her round eyes and looked strange into my eyes – “Yes, I h-a-t-e SHINee”

Even in my dream I couldn’t image there’s a person like her, saying she hate some one with that innocent face.

-“what?” – I yelled – “what’s wrong with you, why?”

She giggled:

- “Because I don’t like an odd group. You should ask yourself. If you think I’m just a girl who obeys anything my dad tells, who was babied too much by my parents, who always talks in soft voice and even don’t know how to yell at others then I’ll tell you that YOU ARE WRONG, totally wrong”

She shrugged:

- “I’m not an angel” – she pointed her index finger to her face- “I’m a devil, a beautiful devil. Here is my true face. Disappoint right? You can leave if you want”

Till that moment, finally I could figure out what’s situation I was trapped in. So from what I could understood, I could tell I met a naughty girl who had 2 faces; one who pretended to be a good daughter in front of her dad and the other who was totally different.

Actually she couldn’t scared me at all, I even felt more interested in that girl.

- “Ok. So do I”.

- “what you meant?” – she asked when hearing me say that.

-“I mean if you think I’m a gentle boy like what they said on TV then your wrong. Actually I’m a play boy. You should watch out from now”

- “ok! Let’s see how long you can stand me, p-l-a-y b-o-y? funny, dont scare me”.

I knew she was trying to take a first step in our game but this time she didn’t know who she was playing with. I wasn’t an easy one like what I acted on TV shows:

-“Unless you give up, our game will never end. You’ll have to stick to me from now no matter what”

-“I don’t play with you” – she scolded – “ you’re just playing by yourself”.

-“Ok, whatever. But how about our parents? what’ll you do after this dinner?”

-“I’ll say everything is perfect. We get along well.”

-“What?”- I laughed

-“ From now you’ll be my boyfriend, a fake boyfriend”

-“ I thought you hate me, why do you want me to be your boyfriend?”

-“Yes, but I’m tired at my dad. He worried too much, he found a boyfriend for me all the time. If I had a boyfriend, he would stop asking me go to these stupid blind dates.”

-“ But if I don’t agree?”

-“ I know you’ll. No one can deny to be my boyfriend.”

-“Why?”

-“ Because I’m beautiful, don’t you see?”

I laughed so hard at her last sentence. I’d never know someone was too much confident about themselves like Sulli. But she didn’t change her feature when seeing me laughing.

-“So you met many boys before. Why does your dad want you have a boyfriend. I mean you just 15. Is it too early?”

-“I know” – She sighed – “Maybe he is a strange father. He said he can’t stop worrying for me until the day I have someone who will take care for me.”

-“At least, I think he really loves you.”

-“ I know. He’s the best father in this world.”

I felt weird when seeing the way she talked about her dad. She didn’t used her joke voice like she did to me when talking about her father, it was a soft tone with full of love.

-“So…what we’ll do next? Is there any place you want to go in Seoul? I can take you to it.”

She smirked:

-“I think you can’t take me there. You’ll be scared when being there.”

-“C’mon. Where’s it?”

-“A Night club. I know a good one near by here. But I know you won’t dare to go to there. So you can come back home. I’ll go alone.”

-“Night club – it’s cool, I’ll go with you.”

-“Are you sure? How about your image? SHINee are boys who are too much innocent like kids, don’t you?”- she said.

I knew she just brought out something people said about us to make fun. That wasn’t what she truly thought about SHINee.

-“Yah, don’t repeat what you hear about us on TV. We aren’t exactly like everything they said. At least… at least I came to night clubs frequently.”

-“Oh really? Wow wow. Then let’s go. I need get out of this boring place.” – she got up and walked out of the restaurant. I followed her but I really worried. It was sure that I lied. How could I go to clubs frequently. I even didn’t know where they are. But this girl, she was just 15, I wondered how could she know such a horrible thing like that?

------

 

-“So this is your night club?” – I asked her when being at that “club”.

-“Shh! Lower your voice!” – She placed her index finger on her lips –“Be quiet.”

I grinned when looking around. I was there, of course not a night club. It was some where you couldn’t be alowed to make noise – a library.

She was sitting there, at a small corner of the room, reading … a fare tale book. I’d been watching her for 1 hours but she seemed not even pay attention to me at all.

-“Do you know how Cinderella ends?” – She mumbled when still looked at the book.

-“What?” – I was surprised, every child in this world, who could forget how that story ended? – “you never read that story, don’t you, Sulli?”

-“Of course, not.” – She stared at me with annoy gaze – “my mom used to read fare tale stories for me and my sister before we went to bed. But..”

-“but what?”

- “I have some problems with my memory, I always forget their contents. It’s strange, right?”

I smirked:

-“Not only these stories, I guess you even forget many things else.”

She rolled her eyes:

-“How could you know? Sometimes I lost my way if I go too far from my house…”

-“no wonder why to Taemin!”

-“Who?”

- “See. You always forget his name.”

- “Ah!” – she screamed slightly and talked in naughty voice–“Oh, that Taemin, he’s different.”

- “What’s different? Don’t call him “that”, at least he’s older than you 1 year.”

-“If there’s something I don’t need to remember, I’ll forget.”

-“Why?”

-“Why do you ask too much? Sitting quiet or you can go home first. I didn’t ask you stay here with me.”

-“Ok! I won’t ask you anymore. But you are the one who lied first.”

She scowled at me:

-“Hey, hey! I didn’t lie to you. When did I do that?”

-“So how could  you call this “ night club”. What a beautiful night club!”

I jigged and waited for her response. I wondered this sassy girl, how could she cover up her mistake ?

-“Because I cared for you, for your precious image, shining shining like stars, right? So I didn’t take you there.”

-“Oh! So now I should thank for your carefulness?”

Suddenly she stood up:

-“Get up! I’m tired. I want to go home now.”

There, she always cut off our conversation in that rude way. But her rudeness couldn’t bother me at all.

---------

-“You can stop here. I’ll come in alone.”

Sulli said when we were standing at her house’s gate.

I joked:

-“If you want me to be your fake boyfriend, at least you should invite me visit your house.”

She smirked and tapped my shoulders. Yes, even I’m really tall she could reach my shoulder easily. She didn’t have normal height, I should call her “Giant baby”:

-“Hey, brother” – (How dare she called me like that >< ) –“Don’t demand something you will never get. Did you really think I will treat you like I’m your true girlfriend? Don’t be ridiculous!”

-I grabbed her hand and dragged it down. I could follow her game but I wasn’t an easy person. I really hate when people looks down on me. I shouted at her hardly:

-“Stop it! At least you should respect me for helping you.”

She laughed even louder:

-“You’re being mad at me, right?”

I was looking at her beautiful smile, even I was so angry I couldn’t control myself falling for her beauty.

I sighed:

-“Yes, I am. Are you happy now?”

She smiled:

-“Finally you got mad. I wondered how long you would be cool like that. I had praise for you. Comparing to other boys I met before you’re the most strong head one. No one could stand me more than 1 hour.”

-“How could you be happy when you saw others hating on you? You’re really odd.”

-“Yes, I am.” – She smirked again –“ Don’t you know?”

-“But beside that, comparing to those boys, is there anything I’m better than them?”- I hoped, at least she could see something nice in me.

-“Nope”– She used her annoying voice again –“but maybe you’re more good looking than them.”

-“I’ll think it was a praise.”

-“Whatever, I have to go now. Bye.” –she waved her chubby hands with a naughty wink.

          Looking at that girl quickly disappearing behind the doors, I didn’t realized my heart was beating so fast.

----------------------------

Nobody's POV:

-“Minho, how is that girl?”

-“Who?”

-“The one you met at your date.”

-“Uhm, she seems nice. I think I’ll see her later.”

-“Wow, I’m really curious about her. It’s the first time you think like that about girls. She must be really special. Taem, Taem, do you agree?”

-“Key hyung, don’t interrupt me. I’m doing my homework.”

-“Yah, don’t do your exercises all night like that. You should go to bed early or you’ll be late for your school tomorrow.”- Key nagged

-“I think Key’s right. You should go to bed now. It’s already 12 p.m.”

-“It’s ok. Minho hyung. I don’t feel tired. I’ll rest when I finish my work.”

-------------------------------

-“Sul, how is that boy? Is he handsome?”

-“Ah, don’t ask me right now. I’m tired. I need to go to bed. Tomorrow is my first day at high school.”

-“Oh, ok! It’s already late, too. But you must tell me about him tomorrow, ok?”

-“Ok! But not tomorrow. I’ll tell you everything when our relationship clearer. Now, I don’t want to.”

-“Yah, do you worry I’ll stole him from you?”

-“No, of course, not. Why did you think that? C’mom, Krys, I need rest now.”

-“Ok, goodnight !”

--------------------------

Sulli rushed to the 2nd floor, where she had to meet her teacher at official room. She was late 10 minutes.

-“Aish! It’s already 8.10. How could my alarm break on this day?”

          Suddenly she bumped to someone. That hard impact made her fall on to ground, all her stuffs fell off,too. She looked up to find out who was that.

          It was a boy, he didn’t wear uniform and he didn’t say sorry at all. He got up, sweept the dirt on his clothes and walked away right away.

          Sulli even couldn’t see his face clearly.

---------------

At break-time….

Sulli’s phone was ringing.

-“Hey, Krys. How’s your first day.”

-“It’s cool, Sul. People around me use English instead of Korean. Cool!”

-“ Don’t be lazy, you must improve your Korean. I can’t understand why is your Korean worse than me?”

-“I don’t know. He he he. Btw, how about you, is your school fine?”

-“It’s fine except that stupid one.”

-“Who?”

-“I don’t know. There’s a nut bumped into me early. He even didn’t apologize me at all. How rude!”

-“Really? How does he look like?”

-“I don’t know, that idiot ran away. I guess just a dumb teen idol who’s learning at here. You know, this is Seoul-Art high school, idols are everywhere.”

-“How could you know? Maybe it’s just a normal student.”

-“Nope. He dyes his hair and even not wearing uniform. Who does he think he is?A King of High school? Such a waste person.”

---------------------------

At the same time, in a department…

-“Hey, Taem. Did you go to school this morning?” – Onew asked.

-“Yes, I came to ask my teacher for accepting me absent from school this week.”

-“Is it alright?”

-“Yeah”

-“But did something happen to you? You look a little…”

-“I got it again.” – Taemin sighed.

-“What, some boys bothered you. How could they…”

-“no, no. it’s not about boys, it’s about girls. I bumped into a girl this morning again. Why did those girls always pretend bump into me to get my attention. Do they have their price or not?”

-“Hey!” – Key came into the room – “How does she look? Is she pretty?”

-“I don’t know. I didn’t even turn back to see her face.”

-“You shouldn’t do that.”- Key yelled- “If she’s cute, you should made friend with her. It won’t hurt when being close to some beautiful girls.”

-“I don’t care. Why I have to?”

-“I think Key’s right in some ways.” – Onew smiled – “Sometimes you should take the chances that life gave you. You won’t know what you missed. Maybe she would be the girl you love.”

Temin laughed:

-“Onew hyung, how can you agree with Key hyung. Don’t say like that. I’m sure I won’t fall in love with that girl. NEVER.”

Ehehe sorry I was lazy for updating ^^ ah for more information, here characters’ ages:

Taemin- 16

Jinri - 16

Sulli- 15

Krystal - 15

Minho - 18

Key - 18

Jonghyun - 19

Onew -20

Luna- 16

Amber - 17

Victoria - 22 ^^ eheehee

Bonus: