SHOCK!

12 + 1 = 13 Wolves

“LuLi you are late again!” shouted the dance instructor as the young 18 year old ran into the practice room. She threw her bag in a corner and pulled her hair up into a ponytail. She tripped over her own feet as she ran over to her teacher, almost stumbling into him.

“I’m so sorry; I didn’t wake up in time…” LuLi panted, out of breath. She was known for being the “late trainee” because she could never wake up easily and quickly in the morning. She was NOT a morning person, not a single bit. She remembered waking up that morning half an hour after her alarm clock had started to go off.  “It won’t happen again, I promise!”

“Uh-huh. Anyways I had some good news for you, but I’m starting to rethink it after this being your 10th tardy.” He crossed his arms and stared down at her, not pleased.

“What good news?” LuLi perked up and waited in anticipation.

“Well, last night Lee Soo Man and I had dinner. He mentioned the need for another member in this group he is going to debut soon. I recommended you…” he paused, looking at her. He gave her a small smirk and went on, “I spoke so highly of you that he agreed to put you in as the last member.” LuLi’s mouth dropped to the floor and her eyes took up her whole face from how big they got. He could see the excitement building up in her face and the way she started to bounce up and down slightly on her toes.  “However since you were late for the 10th time, I don’t think you-“

“NO! PLEASE I WON’T EVER DO IT AGAIN! PLEASE!” LuLi dropped to her knees, putting her hands together, pleading with him. She had been waiting three years for this moment. She was finally chosen to be put in a group. LuLi spent the past three years watching other trainees get dropped and quit because no progress was being made. “I can do better, please teacher!” out of desperation, she started mumbling to herself in Chinese, unable to find the Korean words to speak.

The dance instructor finally laughed and helped her back up to her feet. “Ok, Ok calm down. You can still be in the group.” The screams of joy that followed were so loud that a complaint from the first floor of the building made its way to them on the second floor.  “Are you ready to meet your group members? They are waiting on the third floor in the conference room for you.”

The two made their way into the elevator. It was the longest elevator ride and walk LuLi had ever made in her life to the conference room. She stood in front of the big doors, remembering all the times she was sent to this room. She remembered all the times she almost got kicked out from the building for good.

Flashback

“We don’t know what to do with you anymore LuLi…I think it’s time for you to give up and go back home to China…”

“N-No!” 17 year old LuLi dropped to the floor, fighting back the tears. “I will do better. Please! Don’t send me back there…I can’t leave. No, I WON’T leave. Please save me.”

End of Flashback

The now 18 year old China girl stood in front of these big doors once again. This time though, it was for a good reason. She would finally enter and leave this room with good thoughts and memories.

She slowly opened the door and peeked her head through. What she saw before her was a room full of boys. 1, 2, 3, 4,…..10, 11, 12. 12 of them. They all turned to look at her. Their faces mirrored what her thoughts were. “I’m in the wrong room” LuLi thought to herself.

“Sorry, I got the wrong room.” She bowed her head and backed up to leave.

“No, this is the right room.” Came Lee Soo Man’s voice from behind her. To say she jumped to the roof would be an understatement. She quickly composed herself and bowed to him as he walked in and sat in an empty chair at the head of the long table.

“I am sorry sir, but I was told to come here because I’d be meeting my new group members.” LuLi looked at the 12 faces of the boys again. “I guess they aren’t here yet. I’ll wait outside.” She bowed once again and turned to leave.

“These ARE your members.” Mr. Lee said.

LuLi froze in place with her back facing them all. Behind her she could hear several gasps. Slowly she turned around and looked at the boys. BOYS. Why would she be in a boy group? Does that make any sense at all? NO.  All of a sudden, she started laughing. The thought of her in a boy group was just too hysterical.

“Great joke Mr. Lee!” She said between gasps. All of a sudden the 12 boys started to laugh along with her, also thinking this one big joke.

Lee Soo Man wasn’t laughing however. He was actually getting angry at the disrespect that was being shown to him. He slammed his hand down on the table, stopping all laughter and noise in the room. “I wasn’t joking. These are your new group mates. Boys meet LuLi, LuLi meet your new group EXO.”

LuLi’s smile dropped and she just stared in utter belief at each boy sitting there staring back at her. “…ah crap…”

“This is EXO. They have been training together as a group for a year now. I wanted to try something new that hasn’t been done before, so I decided to put a girl in the group. Your teacher talked highly of you and how much you have progressed. However, if you don’t want to be in this group, then you can leave this building at once and return to China.” Lee Soo Man said in his strict voice.

“Oh! She’s Chinese.” A member that had a baby face said. He smiled at her and gave a little wave. LuLi smiled back and then faced Mr. Lee again.

“Isn’t there a different group I could be in?” she asked, looking for any other option.

“NO.” was all that came out of his mouth.

She bit her lip and looked around at the boys. Several stared at her with smiles on their faces, while the others were dumbfounded.  “It’s either these boys or I go back to China” she thought. She closed her eyes tight and gave a heavy sigh. “Fine, I will join.” She opened her eyes and saw that the expressions of the boys were still the same.

“Ok, then it is settled. Welcome to EXO.”