Heartbroken Ji Hyo

Running Man Members Kim Jong Kook And Song Ji Hyo Are Dating?

"I'm going to miss you Ji Hyo-ah!" Gary exclaimed as he bear-hugged his other half. 

"Two months without you is going to be hard, oppa!" Ji Hyo fisted his shirt, her tears threathening to fall.  

"I just want to put you in my bag and leave! Come on Ji Hyo, hop in my bag, it's big enough to fit you!" Gary said as he ped his carry-on backpack. 

Jong Kook had to stop him from emptying the content of his bag on the airport floor.

"I wish we could stay like this forever..." Gary closed his eyes and held on even tighter. 

Two months was a long period of time. Gary was prepared for the worst to happen: Ji Hyo becoming aware of her feelings for Jong Kook and his, for her.

He knew that love couldn't be controlled, if he did, he would've never dated many of his ex-girlfriends. Gary had already decided to break up with Ji Hyo. He loved her with all his heart but he didn't to live each day wondering if she did too. Letting her go seemed like the best solution. And that's what he was going to do as soon as his plane took off.

"Gary hyung, don't worry about Ji Hyo noona, we'll make sure she doesn't cause any trouble" Kwang Soo said as he gave him a farewell hug.

"Yeah, you can trust us with Ji Hyo." Haha added as he patted his hyung's back.

"Flight 209 for Paris is boarding now. Please go to gate 23-A." a voice announced in the speakers.

"Hyung, take good care of Ji Hyo for me." Gary said as he took Jong Kook's hand in his own.

He really meant it.

"Never make her cry." that's what he truly wanted to tell Jong Kook because today was the last day he would be considered as Ji Hyo's boyfriend.

Gary hugged all his friends and reluctantly left for the biggest event of his life. He looked back numerous times as he waved goodbye to his friends. 

Gary had to travel all the way to France for a concert. He was the opening act for a special collaboration between famous korean singers and rappers. He was personally requested by the person in charge of the show. It was a huge honor for him; he was thrilled when his manager told him the news. Unfortunately for Gary, the concert, which was originally scheduled for two weeks, was extended by 6 additional weeks because of its high in demand tickets. Sure, he enjoyed performing in front of a large audience, but two months without his Monday Couple partner was a bit too much for him to handle. Ji Hyo had to convince him to leave and not to worry about her. She wanted him to go do the thing he loved the most.

As soon as they stepped out of the airport, Kwang Soo's phone rang.

"Yah, how's Ji Hyo? Is she crying?" Suk Jin asked, concerned about his dongsaeng.

He knew Ji Hyo had a hard time saying goodbye. When Joong Ki left Running Man, she pretended she was okay and smiled but in the middle of the night, Suk Jin received a phone call. He picked up without looking at the caller I.D and all he heard were sobs and sniffles. When he found out it was Ji Hyo, he became worried. She sounded drunk; she was pouring her heart out to him about how the show wouldn't be the same without Joong Ki, etc. He listened to her all night long, she sang many many songs which reflected what she was feeling at the moment. And the next day, she was back to being normal. 

"If she starts crying or something along those lines, take her to a karaoke place." Jae Suk added as he snatched Suk Jin's phone.

"She's fine, hyung. Why would she cry? Noona's not that weak." Kwang Soo replied as he turned around to look for Ji Hyo.

She was reading a text she just received from Gary.

Ji Hyo, I couldn't tell you face to face but...Let's break up.

Ji Hyo had hanging wide open. She texted back, her fingers trembling.

...What? Why all of a sudden? 

He replied a few seconds later.

I love you, I really do, but I'm not the only one who does. And I know, I'm not the only one in your heart.

Ji Hyo needed answers, she was confused. 

Oppa what does that mean? 

No replies.

Oppa? Kang Gary?!?

Ji Hyo sat on the floor, legs crossed, head hung low. She had a blank look on her face.

"J-Ji Hyo noona, are you okay?" Kwang Soo asked hesitantly.

Ji Hyo looked up and smiled so wide that her cheeks hurt.

"I'm feeling absolutely positively FANTASTIC." she said, not meaning a word she just said.

"Uh...Okay." Kwang Soo looked at her suspiciously.

"Hyung, Ji Hyo noona is behaving strangely. She's...happy...?" Kwang Soo whispered on the phone.

"Karaoke. Now!" Suk Jin ordered firmly.

"A-ah yeah, okay."' Kwang Soo nodded as he hung up.

"Uh, Ji Hyo noona, I feel like perfecting my singing so I can attract girls! Do you want to go KTV with me?" Kwang Soo asked, hoping she would accept.

"Yeah, of course. I love to sing! If I wasn't an actress, I'd probably be a popular singer by now!" Ji Hyo said, faking excitement.

"Kwang Soo-ah, where are you guys going?" Haha said as he walked to Jong Kook's car.

"Do you want to join us? We're going a karaoke place."' Kwang Soo replied, trying to tell him, using intricate body language, that Ji Hyo was not her normal self.

"Count us in." Jong Kook interrupted as he opened his car's door for Ji Hyo. 

When they left the airport, it was 3'o clock in the afternoon. They have now been in the karaoke room for more than 6 hours.

Everyone wanted to leave to enjoy some nice quiet time. But Ji Hyo insisted on singing "The Girl Who Can't Break Up, The Boy Who Can't Leave" over and over again. She eventually switched songs, and instead chose her all-time favorite, "Hot Issue" followed by  "Tears".

She started taking sips of soju and not long after, she finished two bottles by herself. The boys tried to stop her, but she was very protective about her alcohol. It was fun at first, but then as she sang the chorus from "Tears", she hit her teeth against the microphone unintentionally and started crying. Her eyes were like a waterfall.

The three grown men started panicking. Kwang Soo ran everywhere in the room looking for tissues, Haha went to look for ice and Jong Kook crouched at her level and inspected .

"Yah! Are you okay? Does it hurt a lot?" Jong Kook asked his eyes filled with worry.

"Jong Kook-ah, it hurts a lot." Ji Hyo sobbed as she rubbed her eyes.

"Do your teeth hurt? Do your lips hurt too?" he continued checking her injury, as he ignored her speaking informally to him just then.

"No, it doesn't hurt there, it hurts here." Ji Hyo sniffled as she pointed to her heart.