Jong Kook, The Fanboy

Running Man Members Kim Jong Kook And Song Ji Hyo Are Dating?

"Bye everyone!", Nichkhun said as he waved to all the Running Man members.

"Bye oppas and unnie!", also said Jessica as she left with her manager.

Everyone was exhausted. After filming for more than half a day, running like crazy and playing games that were energy consuming, everyone just wanted to go home and sleep for two days. Even Jong Kook was tired, and he was the fittest of them all. But they had all agreed to go have a drink after recording, so there was no backing out.

"Okay, let's go everyone!" Jae Suk shouted cheerfully as he lead the way to the parking lot.

"How can a weakling like Jae Suk hyung still be so..lively? I just want to go to the nearest couch and crash!" sighed Haha as he said to no one in particular. Gary gave him a look of agreement and yawned.

Jong Kook patted Haha's and Gary's back and told them: "If you want to go home, you can tell Jae Suk, I'm sure he'd understand. But..."

"I knew there was going to be a but somewhere." Gary yawned again.

"...But if you leave, you guys won't be able to get closer to Ji Hyo. I'm pretty sure that Joong Ki will use this opportunity to charm her using his incredibly good looks and his-" Jong Kook said, as he tried to make them jealous.

"We're coming! We're coming!" Gary yelled as he cut off Mr.Capable. He grabbed Haha's wrist and dragged him all the way to the parking lot, situated a few hundreds of meters away.

"These two kids..." Jong Kook chuckled, as he thought about how cute his dongsaengs were behaving.

"What's with them?" Suk Jin asked as he walked next to him.

"I told them that if they didn't want to lose Ji Hyo to Joong Ki, they'd better go to the gathering." Jong Kook said to Suk Jin.

"Ah...Gary must really like Ji Hyo then," Suk Jin laughed as he tried to picture them as a real-life couple.

As the Running Man members arrived to the parking lot, Jae Suk told them to divide themselves in two groups, one that would ride with Jong Kook, and the other, with him.

"Gary, Ji Hyo and I will ride with Jong Kook hyung!" Haha decided without asking the others' opinion.

"Aeee, Dong Hoon hyung, I wanted to ride with Ji Hyo noona too! I don't want to be stuck 30 minutes with Kwang Soo!" complained Joong Ki, as he whispered the last part.

"Aee, Joong Ki, I heard that!" Kwang Soo told Joong Ki.

"You know I didn't mean it! It's just a joke!" Joong Ki replied, with a smile that could even melt the tallest iceberg in the planet.

"If you say it like that, then I guess I can forgive you..." Kwang Soo answered back, blinded by Joong Ki's dazzling smile. Joong Ki gave him a "manly" hug.

"Okay, guys, stop filming a drama, and let's just go already!" Jae Suk nagged, already seated in his car, his tummy rumbling from hunger.

30 minutes went by really fast in Jong Kook's car. Gary and Haha kept asking questions about Ji Hyo while Jong Kook made a few playful remarks now and then.

"So Ji Hyo, do your close friends call you Ji Hyo or Sung Im?" Haha gazed into her eyes.

"They call me Sung Im, but I don't have a lot of close friends, so apart from Ji Min and-" Ji Hyo began, thinking about the names of her closest friends.

"By Ji Min, do you mean Han Ji Min? You know Han J-Ji Min?!" Jong Kook stuttered.

There was complete silence in the car for about a few seconds, until Ji Hyo and the kids burst out in laughing fits.

"Oppa, are you a fan of Ji Min?" Ji Hyo asked, trying to regain her composure.

"Uhhh...Well, I think she looks really nice and pretty. And she's a good actress..." Jong Kook answered, as his cheeks flushed.

"Do you want me to arrange a blind date with her?" Ji Hyo asked as she looked at Jong Kook in the rearview mirror.

"Uhmm...I-I'd be really really thankful if you did..." mumbled Jong Kook, already thinking about where he should take her.

"Consider it done!" Ji Hyo replied, as she texted her friend. 

Jong Kook just wanted to give Ji Hyo a big hug.

"I've got a date with Han Ji Min! I've got a date with Han Ji Min" he sang in his head.

"Do you have any pretty friends you can introduce me to?" asked a hopeful Haha, with specific names in his head.

"Ha Ji Won, Han Ga In, Han Chae Young...really, anyone would do, as long as they're pretty and have a body to kill for!" Haha added, completely forgetting that his crush was sitting right next to him.

"I'm sorry oppa, I don't know them and anyways, they're way too out of your league!" Ji Hyo coldly answered, eliciting laughter from Gary and Jong Kook.

Haha pouted and pretended to be upset.

"Ji Hyo-ah, I think you're the fairest of them all. I would never choose anyone over you," Gary confessed his true feelings. Unfortunately, he chose the wrong moment. Ji Hyo only chuckled, assuming he was joking.

Jong Kook saw Gary's expression change from happiness to disappointment in a split second. He couldn't help but feel bad for him. He decided from that day on, he would help his dongsaeng have a happy ending with Ji Hyo.