Why are you back?!

Iced Love

On the following day, Sooyun woke up and went to the guest room where Karam had spent the night and knocked on the door.

"Hyunchul, wake up before I kick your !" she said.

No answer. She opened the door not worrying about how Karam would be. But he wasn't there nor was his backpack or his school uniform. The bed was done.

She didn't worry. He could have just left for a morning walk or he could be downstairs watching TV, right? She went downstairs and for her relief he was in the kitchen.

"You know that if you burn the kitchen you'll pay for the repair, don't you?" she asked as she walked over to him to see what he was cooking.

"I'm used to cook, okay? Do you think my umma cooked for me?" he asked his newly made friend, his eyes not leaving the pancakes he was making.

"Good point. I'll wake Hyemi up. We're going to the cinema today, since it's Saturday. Be right back."

"Hmm... Do you mind if I go with you two? Suhoon... is busy today! Yeah... so I have nothing to do..."

"Yeah, sure! Why not?"

She was almost disappearing from his sight when he screamed her name.

"Sooyun-noona!"

"Did you just call me noona?! You want me to kill you?!" she yelled running back to the kitchen.

"Can you shut up and listen?" he said pouting cutely.

"Hurry up, I need to go."

"For helping me.... Sooyun-noona, gomawo!!" he said giving his biggest smile. His first genuine smile in years.

Sooyun didn't know why but her heart was beating faster than it should and she felt her cheeks heating up.

"Noona, are you okay? You look sick. Your cheeks are burning." he leaned his hand on her forehead.

She stepped back.

"No... I'm fine... I'm going to go get ready now... BYE!" and she ran to her room.

 

Meanwhile... in the cafe near their school...

"Here is your americano, agasshi."

"Thank you." Hana turned around to leave the cafe but bumped into someone and fell on the ground, the coffee tainting her white shirt.

"Ah! It's hot! You should be more care--" she was shouting until she realised who it was. "Oh, Suhoon-sshi..."

"Class President, are you okay?" he helped her getting up. "I am so so sorry! I totally didn't see you there! Are you okay??"

"You know? My name is Hana, not Class President." she giggled. "Specially if we're outside the school. And yes, I'm fine. Though this is sticky and I will need to go back home to change my shirt."

"Let me make it up for you. Hmm.... I'll take you to the movies! You seem to like romantic movies, maybe? Like I do..."

"Actually, I'm more into horror movies... Yeah, I know, my image doesn't match my taste. But I don't mind watching a romance."

"Then, you'll make me company?"

She blushed.

"You make it sound like it's a date."

"If you want, it can be." he gave her a sweet smile.

She nodded and Suhoon walked her home.

"So... I'll pick you up at 3PM. Is that okay with you?"

"Ne... Annyeong, see you later."

She entered the house and locked the door. My first date.. Ottokae????? What if I mess up? OMO! What am I going to wear??? she thought.

 

In front of Hyunchul's house

"Are you sure she's not here? I don't think I can fight her. Hyemi can't either."

"She's not here, noona. Trust me."

She moked his head.

"Hey! What was that for?!"

"I warned you already! Stop calling me noona! I'm the same age as you, for god's sake!"

"Guys... are you going to hurry up or what? We're going to miss the movie!" Hyemi shouted.

"Hyunchul, go go! Hurry up!"

 

Fast forward: 1 hour later, already in the cinema

"You're sure you didn't forget anything, right? ´Cause we're not going back there."

"Don't worry, noon-- Sooyun-ah. Now shut up. The movie is going to start anytime soon." he said and stole her popcorn.

The lights turned off.

"Hey, give it back!" she half screamed half whispered.

"Shush!" everyone in the room shushed her and the movie started.

It was a romantic movie. It really wasn't Sooyun's cup of tea but Hyemi loved them so she agreed on going to watch it.

It had already passed half of the movie and it was being boring as hell for Sooyun. And she couldn't take all those cheesy scenes anymore.

"I'm going to the bathroom. I'll be right back." she told Hyunchul.

Once she was out of that room she let out a sigh.

"Finally. That was being really boring!"

"Then why were you watching it? You hate romance." a familiar voice said from behing her.

That familiar voice made her freeze and her eyes grew bigger. Not him... That voice meant nothing but trouble. But she had become stronger since the last time they had seen each other.

"Moon Youngseo. And here I was thinking I'd never see you again. I guess I was wrong." she said finally looking at him.

"It's Jerry now. And don't say such mean words. You didn't use to be like that. You used to be so sweet and kind."

She pointed at herself and he scaned her outfit.

"Don't I seem different to you? I didn't just change the outside. I also changed the outside. And you also became different.... The selfish cheater you became disgusts me! I don't know how I'm even talking to you even if 1 year already passed."

"I've got one question: I was your only boyfriend until now? Even after we broke up? Or am I wrong?" Youngseo asked, looking at the ground.

"Don't look so happy. I haven't dated anyone because now I have finally opened my eyes so I won't be fooled twice."

"Don't make me the bad guy! You were the one that broke up with me!"

"Don't make me the bad guy????? Did you really just said that?? You cheated on me! So stop the acting, will you? Where's your girlfriend anyways?"

"I broke up with her, 2 days ago. And you know why? Because I was tired of her y and controlling personality! But that's not the only reason!"

"Let me guess! She didn't give you all you wanted?"

"Can you stop treating me like a player?! I broke up with her because Yuri is not you!"

 

Sooyun's POV

He didn't just say that... Sooyun, don't decive yourself! He's a player and you know it! Don't let him get to you. Don't let him get to you...

Without noticing, Youngseo got closer to me and cupped my face.

"Please, Yunnie... Give me a second chance. I've changed, I promise you."

"Youngseo, I..."

Before I could say anything someone punched Youngseo and he fell on the ground. I turned to my right to see who it was. I was actually surprised. I wouldn't expect him to actually punch his best friend.

"Thank you, oppa. But that was not necessary. I can take care of myself."

"Well, he was going to kiss you and we both know you didn't want that so..."

"What the dude? Seriously?" Youngseo yelled.

"Just because you're younger doesn't mean I can't punch you."

I offered my hand to help him get up.

"You okay?"

"I'm fine."

"Before you try something else, let's make this crystal clear: I'd prefer to date Hyunwoo than go back to you, got it, Youngseo?"

"I already told you it's Jerry now. And that's just too mean to say! You don't even like him that much!" he said, pouting.

Gosh, his pout is so damn cuteeeee~ Sooyun, think straight!

"Your pouts ain't going to work on me... So give up already. I've found someone I like so..."

"WHAT?? WHO??"

"Sooyun, is everything alright?" Hyunchul suddenly appeared next to me. "Youngseo. What are you doing here? Leave her alone." he said grabbing my wrist and pulling me closer to him.

"Like I was saying, it's him!" I said and kissed Hyunchul's cheek.