AWAKE AT DAWN

Schönen Schmetterling


C H A P T E R  T W O

{ AWAKE AT DAWN }

*****

Run away! Now! 

Leave while you can!

Hurry!

Don't turn back!

She ran and ran. She turned at corners, hoping to lose her followers. No such luck. She ran through the front door, only to find herself back inside again. Startled, she began running again. She heard the voices. She ran to the kitchen. She picked up a knife.

"Stay back!" She yelled.

But her perpetrator advance towards her.

"I told you to stay back!!!" She screamed.

As she backed away, she felt her back hit onto something. No, this can't be. She was backed up by the wall.

"What do you want!?" She screamed again.

No reply. Tears started streaming down her face. Why did this have to happen? Just as her perpetrator was about to take off the mask, she saw a blinding white light!

Yuri sat up, panting. That must have been a nightmare. However, she couldn't remember what happened. She could only remember certain scenes. She got up wash her face. She splashed her face with cold water. She needed to recover from the shock she had earlier. Although it was a dream, it seemed so real. She could feel the fear gripping at her heart. She glanced at the clock. 6am. Drats, she only slept for 6 hours. However, she could not go back to sleep again. Thus, she went out of her shared room with Yoona and headed toward the garden at the first floor. She sat on the wooden bench and stared up at the sky.

She heard a ruffle coming from behind the trees. Shocked, she said, "Who's there?" No reply. She slowly stood up and went to check behind the trees. Strange, there was no one. That must have been an owl or something, she thought to herself. But then, something on the floor caught her eye. It was a black envelope. She picked it up and turned it over. There was no addressee. She opened it up and there was a card that wrote:

 

M Y  L O V E L Y  B U T T E R F L Y,

ENJOYING YOUR STAY HERE?

IN THE LARVA STAGE NOW, ARE WE? FRET NOT, THERE IS STILL LOTS OF FUN TO COME.

JUST LAY BACK AND RELAX.

NOW, NOW, DON'T BE AFRAID. YOUR TIME TO LEAVE, WILL BE HERE ONE DAY.

 

Yuri felt a shiver go down her spine. She was a smart girl. There was a hidden message. She did not know what to do. Hurriedly, she kept the card back into the black envelope and hurried back into the villa. She left it on the countertop just beside her and Yoona's bed and forced herself to sleep. However hard she tried, scary thoughts still came into her mind. The words:YOUR TIME TO LEAVE, WILL BE HERE ONE DAY, kept appearing in her mind. The poor girl pushed it to the back of her mind and tried so hard to sleep. That was all she wanted right now. She thought that she would then forget everything that happened. Finally, she got her wish.


STAGE 2 OF THE BUTTERFLY'S LIFE CYCLE: LARVA

WHERE IT IS REVEALED TO A WHOLE NEW WORLD OF DANGERS. YES, LITTLE CATERPILLAR. DEVOUR EVERYTHING IN YOUR PATH. HAPPINESS AND FREEDOM YOU HAVE IN THIS STAGE, DISAPPEARING VERY SOON IN THE NEXT.