love at first sight.

delirious drabbles

Baekhyun had met Chanyeol during his 3rd year of high school when the latter first moved to his school. He could clearly remember that day, Baekhyun was having a bad day after failing his math test and almost messing up his chemistry lab. He grumbled all the way down the hall to his locker and glared at his lock as he unlocked it and opened the door. He was so busy wallowing in his own misery that he hadn't noticed someone walk up to the locker beside his.

"Y'know that stare could have actually melted the lock away." A deep voice knocked Baekhyun back into reality. He turned his head towards the voice and was about to glare at the person who dared interrupt him but came face to face with perfection. Call it cheesy or cliché but he could have sworn there was a light shining from above onto that heavenly(and ridiculously tall) figure.  He didn't know how long he had been staring but next thing he knew there was a hand waving in front of his face accompanied by an amused grin.

"Yo are you still there?" That deep voice spoke again and Baekhyun wished he would keep talking because that voice was like a symphony in his ears.

"u-uh yeah--what brings you here?" He cursed in his head for the stuttering but the giant only laughed.

"Well this is my new locker! I'm new here and named Chanyeol." The tall boy grinned and held out his hand to Baekhyun.

"Baekhyun." As he reached out to shake Chanyeol's hand, Baekhyun felt the electricity run up his arm and into his nervous system, making it even more difficult for him to get out some appropriate words.

Baekhyun was never the type to believe in "love at first sight." He used to scoff whenever his friend Luhan would go off on a dreamy rant about his new boyfriend Jongin. The two had met at a party and according to Luhan, "it was totally meant to be." But now Baekhyun, to his horror, was becoming a hypocrite--.

"I can see why you didn't do so well on your math test" Chanyeol's voice once again interrupted his train of thought, "Do you always space out like this?"

"N-no! I just wasn't very good at math in the first place." Baekhyun made a face as he thought about his past relationships with the subject.

Chanyeol let out a chuckle, "well lucky for you I happen to be pretty good at it. I could tutor you if you want sometime."

Something about the tone suggested a hidden meaning behind the offer which caused Baekhyun to flush a light shade of red. "I think that sounds good, could always use some help."

"Wonderful! Well then I guess we will be seeing a lot of each other, Byun Baekhyun." Chanyeol winked and saluted before he turned and walked away, leaving behind a slightly red Baekhyun.

"Damn it" 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

word count: 493 ; yeah I just felt like writing something short and plotless otl.