Final.

Christmas Secret

 

Sungmin smiled lightly as he watched Siwon try to balance himself on the stool, as he reached up to place the star on the tree. It wasn't often that Lee Soo Man allowed them to celebrate a holiday, so when he did, they went all out.

The tree was a beautiful evergreen, large – almost brushing the ceiling. They had to trim it down. Sungmin had gone out earlier and, with the help of the Kyuhyun, had found the tree. He'd directed the maknae as he'd cut it down, working in a rarely seen effort of tandem.

When he said he'd go with him, Sungmin had been the first to see one of Kyuhyun's genuine smiles. Not a smirk. The man had to turn away so he wouldn't see his reddening face. He had sat behind him on his motorbike, hiding his face in his back from the wind.

He smells nice, Sungmin thought, cheeks slightly pink as he realised what his last train of thought was. There was no way he was getting mushy for Kyuhyun... Was there? Sure, he thought of him as a wonderful partner and friend.

Focusing once again on Siwon and the tree in front of him, Sungmin smirked when Siwon – having successfully placed the star on the top – fell off his stool from leaning back too far. He landed with a heavy thud on the ground and a dark chuckle sounded from behind Sungmin's ear. He swung blindly and his fist was caught deftly by a large, calloused hand.

"Now, now Sungmin. It's Christmas. You don't want to ruin it by maiming me, do you?" A smooth voice made his knees shaky, "I don't know Kyu, if you keep doing that, there's a good chance I might." He chuckled again, but it was lighter this time. He tugged his backwards until he was flush against his muscular chest.

Now Sungmin knew he was burning red. His dark hair – tied up in a ponytail – shifted slightly and the escaped tendrils hid his face. How in Shisus' name is he effecting me like this? he thought.

A wave of warmth blew down his neck and he jumped almost imperceptibly, for it was the Kyuhyun's breath that he felt. He was still holding him by the waist and sighed contently...

"Well, well. Do we have lovebirds in the dorm?"

The two jumped apart as Lee Soo Man's soft voice rang through the room. His face betrayed no emotion – and that was always a bad sign. Then... he laughed. It started as a snicker, grew to a giggle, then a chuckle and finally made the crescendo to laughter.

Kyuhyun, Sungmin and Siwon all looked on – befuddled as they were. Their director never laughed unless there was something huge happening. But this fit of mirth was pure with no evil intentions. Wiping his eyes, Soo Man glanced around the room.

From Sungmin and Kyuhyun, standing side by side in the doorway, to Siwon holding the last of the decorations, to the tree itself. He glanced above the pair and smirked. There was mistletoe right above them.

Sungmin and Kyuhyun caught his smirk and looked at him confused. With his gloved hand, Soo Man pointed above their heads. When they raised their eyes to the top of the door, their cheeks burned fire engine red.

He can't be serious?

"Siwon, I require your assistance downstairs." "Yes, sir." The two left Sungmin and Kyuhyun alone. The latter ducked his head and placed a chaste kiss on Sungmin's lips. The older male smiled, "About time. I thought they'd never leave." He hooked his arms around Kyuhyun's neck and Kyuhyun locked his arms around Sungmin's waist.

They kissed underneath the mistletoe passionately. Breaking apart Sungmin whispered, "Do you think we should tell them? I honestly don't feel right about keeping this a secret." Kyuhyun shook his head, "It would bring more trouble than it's worth. Let's wait until we're sure it won't cause a huge commotion."

Sungmin smirked haughtily, "The mighty Kyuhyun is afraid?" The boy pouted in an effort to be cute, while Sungmin raised an eyebrow at his blatant fail, "Sort of." The maknae admitted. Sungmin chuckled softly before smiling, "Come on. Let's finish the decorations before the Religious bastard and Soo Man get back."

As they moved around the room, the diamond engagement ring on Sungmin's left hand glinted brightly in the dull light.