Final.

Stay With Me

The news of the accident spread to the members of Super Junior quickly, causing them to rush from their schedules to the hospital. Barreling through the ER doors, two men stood from their chairs in the waiting room, hurrying over to attempt consoling their fellow members.

"Where's Kyuhyun and Leeteuk?"

"Where's the maknae and Teukie hyung?!"

"Where's my Kyu?"

The repeated questions fired from each of the members, while Sungmin looked ready to collapse - leaning on Siwon for support. The taller male had his face skywards, muttering what seemed to be prayers under his breath hurriedly. The two men that had stood when Super Junior had arrived shook their heads, "Leeteuk hyung was taken straight into an operating room. We don't know what's wrong with Kyuhyun-ah." Sungmin's legs shook and even with Siwon's support, they buckled, sending the older man crashing to the floor in shock;

"Kyu..."

The tears that had formed in Lee Sungmin's eyes cascaded down his face, creating shining tracks on his face under the harsh artificial lights.

.:~*~:.

(Sungmin's POV)

Cho Kyuhyun... Kyu... Kyuhyunnie... Maknae... My Kyu...

My mind was in pieces; my heart in shreds. No one knew what exactly had happened to Kyuhyun and that's what scared me. If only they knew what was wrong with him, then they'd be able to heal it. Staring blankly down the hall that stretched in front of me, I could only just make out the faint outlines of legs beside my head, where the other Super Junior members still stood - whilst I had crumbled to the floor. Everything was a blur of white and dark shapes.

"...Min hyung. Hyung. Sungmin!"

The loud voice made me jump and hurriedly wipe the tears from my eyes; though it was a pointless effort. Looking up, Donghae was staring down at me worriedly - tears pooling behind his eyes as his hand shook from where it was suspended in the air. Taking his offered hand, he helped me up as a watery smile forced its way onto his face, "He's going to be ok, hyung. He has to be." I could only nod, knowing that Donghae was trying his hardest to keep his tears away while others around us cried their hearts out for Leeteuk and Kyuhyun. It repaired my shattered heart somewhat; knowing that everyone finally accepted Kyu into Super Junior at last.

I remember his first day in our dorm. We'd made him sleep on the couch, even though the extra bed set up in my room was for him. I suddenly felt guilty, wondering how I was going to tell him that I was sorry - especially if we lost him. Shaking my head firmly, I turned just in time to see a doctor coming out from the ER with heavy steps.

Every tap of his shoes across the linoleum floors had my heart shattering further and further apart. I half expected to collapse onto the floor again; my hands shook as my legs turned into jelly. Coming to a stop in front of us, the doctor showed us a clipboard with some statistics but I couldn't bring myself to look at it, "We need to operate on Kyuhyun-ssi immediantly, but it may damage his vocal chords, meaning he'll never be able to sing again." Gasps sounded from some of the members while Heechul and Ryeowook screeched, "NO!"

The man looked shocked for a moment, before Siwon stepped in and explained sadly to him, that Kyuhyun would rather have died then to never be able to sing again, "Please," Siwon begged, "Find another way to save him." The doctor thought for a moment, before clicking his fingers and running back the way he came. Looking around, I noticed that Yesung had Ryeowook in his arms, Donghae was in the corner with Eunhyuk, Siwon and Kibum were talking quietly and Hankyung had Heechul's face buried in his neck. Sighing as I sat down, I leaned forward, letting my forehead rest in my hands as my elbows dug into my knees.

Please let Kyu be alright... I can't lose him...

.:~*~:.

(Kyuhyun's POV)

Pain.

That was the first thing that I felt; the feeling so strong I wish I'd stayed unconcious. I tried to open my eyes, only to be greeted by the harsh glare of an operation room spotlight and I groaned, squeezing my eyes shut.

"He's come round. Kyuhyun-ssi..."

The voice was female and it told me what happened and where I was. I'm not stupid, I thought, I know what happened and where I am... But where are the others? Nodding slowly as she continued to talk quickly, I suddenly felt heavy, as blackness started to creep around the edges of my blurred vision.

Minnie hyung... Are you there? Save me....

A machine next to me started to beep rapidly, causing chaos in the room. Shouts of "we're losing him" and "he's crashing, get the doctor!" rang through my head clearly, as I clenched my teeth against the searing pain that ripped through my chest. As the shouts got louder and the door slammed open, I heard him;

"KYUHYUN! NO! I have to be with him!"

.:~*~:.

(Donghae's POV)

We were all quiet in the waiting room, as we waited for the doctors to tell us what was happening. There was an occasional sniffle from Heechul hyung and muffled words from Siwon or Kibum. The thing that scared me the most was the blank look on Sungmin hyung's face, as his tears slowed and stopped altogether. Doctors were rushing back and forth, while a nurse had stopped by to let us know Leeteuk hyung was ok. We all sighed in relief, knowing that he'd had to get stitches and we cringed when she held up the jar of glass shards that had been extracted from his body. Heechul, Hankyung and Kangin had disappeared to Leeteuk's room to see him.

That was 10 minutes ago and there was still no news on Kyuhyun. Suddenly there was a huge commotion down the hall, causing everyone to either jump up from where they were sitting or to turn around. The noise was coming from the operation room and nurses were running in and out, screaming about getting the doctor quickly because they were 'losing him'. It took a moment for us to piece what they were saying with the situation and Sungmin leaped forward;

"KYUHYUN!"

I jumped backwards, into Eunhyuk's arms as Siwon and Shindong grabbed Sungmin before he could get any further, "NO!" He was screaming, "I have to be with him!" Siwon and Shindong could only tighten their grip as staff rushed to and fro, hollering orders and calling for help.

.:~*~:.

(Sungmin's POV)

"I have to be with him!"

I knew I was crying again and that I probably looked insane; crying, being held back and screaming for someone. I didn't care.They were losing Kyuhyun, my Kyuhyunnie and I couldn't let that happen. I tried to pull out of Siwon and Shindong's grip but they were too strong for me. It didn't even occur to me to use my martial arts; all I could think was Kyuhyun, Kyuhyun and more Kyuhyun. As the operation room's doors swung shut for the last time, I slumped down onto the cold floor - just sobbing.

I felt someone sit beside me on the floor and by that chocolate-scented cologne, I deduced that it was Siwon. I felt his muscular arm drape over my shoulder and let him pull me into his side, "He'll be fine, hyung. Kyuhyun-ah's strong." I nodded, sniffling as someone handed me a hanky. It was pink, so it had to be mine. Glancing up, I mumbled, "Ryeowook-ah, what are you doing with my handkerchief?" Ryeowook blushed lightly and mumbled something about it being the first one off the washing pile that he'd grabbed as we raced out the door.

Blowing my nose, I sniffed at the hanky curiously. It didn't smell normal. Suddenly, my vision started to blur and faded into black.

.:~*~:.

"Sorry, hyung." Ryeowook whispered, as Sungmin slumped onto Siwon, fast asleep. The doctors had been afraid of Sungmin scaring the other patients or hurting himself, so they'd asked Ryeowook to knock him out by spraying some Knockout gas onto the handkerchief. As two doctors came into the waiting area for Sungmin, Yesung held Ryeowook tightly, knowing the younger man felt guilty for tricking his hyung like that.

"Put him in Mr Cho's room."

The statement made Super Junior turn to face the doctor quickly, "Is Kyuhyun going to be okay?" Eunhyuk asked, clutching onto Donghae slightly, the bruising and small cuts on his skin already starting to heal over. Everyone let out a sigh of relief as the doctor nodded, "Mr Cho is fine, though we almost lost him. We will need to keep him under surveillance, just in case."

The group nodded, when Donghae yawned suddenly, "You're all tired. Go home. We'll call if anything else comes up." Agreeing, Siwon and Kibum were sent to get Heechul and Hankyung, since Kangin insisted he stay with Leeteuk. Once all the leaving members were gathered, they exited the hospital and headed back to the dorms in silence.

.:~*~:.

(The next day...)

Sungmin woke with the sunlight shining brightly in his face, as his surroundings grew clearer. He was lying in a hospital bed, with another bed seperated by a small table next to him. Turning his head to the right, Sungmin's eyes widened as he saw Kyuhyun lying in the bed beside him.

"Kyuhyun!"

Sungmin gasped, throwing back his covers and stepping over to the maknae's bed. The boy was pale, but not as pale as he had been when Sungmin had caught a glimpse of him yesterday. Taking one of Kyuhyun's hands in his own, Sungmin sat on the edge of Kyu's bed gently, letting his thumbs trace small circles over the back of Kyuhyun's hand. Tears burned at his eyes, making Sungmin choke back a giggle. Kyuhyun was unconcious, but alive. His heart monitor was steady and his breathing was unaided.

Even though his dongsaeng was asleep, Sungmin still felt the urge to talk to him, "Kyuhyun-ah... Hyung is sorry... I'm sorry, for treating you so dreadfully and for making you feel bad about joining Super Junior. I was just jealous, I guess, that I had to go through so many years of training while you only had a year and a half before you joined." Sungmin paused to wipe his tears, "But I still love you, as my dongsaeng and... Maybe, just maybe more then that. I haven't worked out that part yet." He smiled slightly, "Although," Sungmin leaned forward, "You have to be awake for me to work this out Kyuhyun. I can't do it on my own. So please, wake up for me. Wake up and I swear, you'll be the most spoiled maknae ever." Somewhere in the back of Sungmin's mind, a little voice that sounded like Kyuhyun piped up;

Of course I will.

Chuckling, Sungmin brushed Kyuhyun's bangs out of his face gently and kissed his forehead, "I love you, Kyuhyun-ah."

Love you too, hyung.

"Don't make me wait too long, for you to wake up.

I won't.

"And don't you dare leave me, Cho Kyuhyun."

I won't. I promise.

 


Word Count; 1,879.

A/N: And there's my oneshot for the prompt "Accident". For those of you who don't know, this is based off the 2007 car accident, in which Kyuhyun and Leeteuk were injured enough to be hospitalised, whereas Eunhyuk and Shindong only had minor cuts and bruising. The accident happened while the four, along with some staff members lost control of their vehicle and the van rolled, on their way home from SUKIRA Super Junior's Kiss The Radio. To read more about this, please click -> here.
 
Raine xox