Too Late.

Too Late.

 

Four years later…

I sighed looking at the invitation in my hands.

Jung-Hwang Nuptials.

Yunho and Ji Eun. They’re finally getting married.

I lost communication with the both of them four years ago. All I heard was that Ji Eun got pregnant and gave birth to twins.

Now, they’re back and they’re getting married. Woah! Since when did babies come first? Well, that happens to most people, so I shouldn’t be shocked. But then, Ji Eun isn’t most people. She was my best friend. Was.

Why do I feel so jealous all of a sudden? This jealousy—I know what it is, and I know that I am—is even stronger than the jealousy I have felt for my past girlfriends. But what I don’t know is the reason behind this jealousy.

But a small voice inside my head kept on telling me that it should have been me in Yunho’s place.

Was I really in love with her after all this time? Was I too dumb and blind to see it?

I stood there, looking at the happy family. They look so perfect. Ji Eun had a huge smile plastered on her face. The smile—her smile—the one I haven’t seen in years. Her smile tells it all. She was happy and contented. She was blooming.

On her right was her son. I heard his name was Heechul. Then on her left was her husband, Yunho. Then on Yunho’s left was their daughter, which I heard they named, Soojung.

I couldn’t dare myself to go to them and congratulate them. I feel so bitter at the moment. I simply couldn’t smile at them. I just couldn’t. And I didn’t even really know why.

I kept on denying that I am in love with my best friend. No, I wasn’t in love with her. I simply just had a crush on her. A crush that didn’t really go away—and might have developed into something more, a small voice in my head had continued.

But if I was in love with her, why didn’t I pursue her? Why was I so stupid chasing after girls who would later on break my heart?

Why? Oh yeah. It was because I was afraid. I was afraid that I would ruin our friendship. I was afraid everything would go awkward between the two of us after I confess, afraid that she would reject me. So I stopped trying to like her further more. But unconsciously, I was falling deeply for her, despite all those girls.

I turned around to leave. There was no use of me here. I can’t stand watching her being in someone else’s arms. I can’t.

I was too late, wasn’t I?

---

Sorry it was short. Haha. This is the first time I wrote a sad ending. I hope it was sad enough. Haha. Although it would be nice to tease you guys if something bad happened to either Ji Eun or Jaejoong. Hahaha.

Anyway, this is the result of going through six stages of grief in one day when I found out Junhyung and Hara were dating. LOL. I got over it quickly. Hehe.

But if ever Jae would start/announce that he's dating, seriously...I'm going to die and would be depressed longer than I have been when my ex and I broke up. LOL.