2 :: Ruselion

The Child of Sun and Moon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2

Ruselion

The land of Ruselion is divided into four regions. The outer cores known as the Orcas (or Triorcas) are governed by the three most powerful Clans - Parks, Kims and Lees, and the inner core, Eicos - the neutral land which is under the Guild. The Guild is the balancing power against the three Clans. It is headed by the High Guild Priest - most powerful magis who has the most coveted seat in Ruselion politics. He lives at The Prima, the center of Ruselion. He has four Archmages who has both individual designations as mages and political ruling power.

The North Archmage handling livelihood and finances is assigned on Icos’ Guild Court. The South Archmage stationed at Via Centrolus handles food, medicine and health concerns. Crest Towers is for the East Archmage of education and militia, while the West Archmage for boundaries and territories is at St. Kidos.

Being a Ruselian can be a gift for the determined and blessed and a curse for the lax and magick-impaired.

One's social standing can be dictated by their birth family up to the age of sixteen. From there, it is defined by academic achievements, social influence and most especially, magick. It is important to choose the right school as it will give you the best opportunities, let you meet the right people and teach you to reach your outmost potential. The school you will choose will hone what kind of magi you will become.

The school hierarchical system starts with the Sovrans. It’s followed by three to six Temporis of the Sovran's choosing. Then there are the circle of Consuls, the fellows until the bottom dwellers nobody wants to belong to - the unclaused.

The three ruling families produces the strongest, smartest and most cunning magis. They are natural-born leaders that everyone seemed to have forgotten that ruling positions are not decided by default. 

Dara, Jaejoong and Donghae are the current school Sovrans - the future leaders who proudly carry their clan names and Crests. The Crests bounds any creature of magic to the gods enabling the user to channel otherwordly powers. Rumor has it that the three Clans are blood-bound with the gods from millenias ago, making their magick stronger and purer than the rest.

Some even said that they are so powerful they do not require actual crests!

The Parks holds the Wind, inherited from the Celestial Phoenix herself. The Lees are guided by the Serpent King of the Earth while the Kims are blessed by the Dragon God of Water.
-----

It is considered a blessing that they reached a silent agreement to just resume annoying each other some other time. Through the right wing of the Seniors’ hall, they were greeted by an empty adjoining open hallway. It’s a good thing that the two men were quiet as Dara filled herself with the view of the Archmage’s majestic garden. The Administration building is an awesome piece of art, in fact all in Crest Towers are, but her favorite is still the garden. It relaxes her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter