1 :: Crest Towers

The Child of Sun and Moon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1

Crest Towers

It’s nearly eight o’clock in the morning and Crest Towers is at its busiest.

Anxious freshmen kept on their quiet little corner, taking in their new surroundings. Some were very excited and can’t wait to wave goodbyes to their families pestering them on dos and don'ts for their first day.

Juniors are obviously relieved of the newcomer's jitters. They would smugly look or make fun of the crooked green ties of the freshmen.

Huddled on their respective spots were the Seniors, easily distinguished with their blue ties. Some can be heard bragging about their apprenticeships while the bolder ones are sizing up their underclassmen, calculating.

In awe, a blonde roamed her eyes around the massive school ground.

Her best friends said one is lucky to even see the Institute from the outside. She still couldn’t believe that not only is she inside, she will be studying there! She began fiddling with her yellow-tie, a bit nervous about not knowing anyone.

Only very few gets admitted to the school each year. It only happen if you're extraordinarily smart and talented. If you are sponsored by someone powerful or if you are privileged to be born to the three families.

Lalisa is neither. She got the surprise of her life when her Master told her that she passed the exam without realizing when and how.

She thought it was her Master's idea of a joke at first. But when her admission papers, books and the request to get her uniform size arrived, she was overwhelmed with mixed emotions. Still, it is an opportunity she will not let pass. "I will definitely make Master proud -"

Thud.

“Ow.” Lalisa regained her balance as she bumped on someone.

“I’m sorry.” She bowed, keeping her eyes close while doing so. She had her head above the clouds, and with that, she is inconveniencing people. She reprimanded herself. "I wasn’t looking and -” she noticed how the buzzing stopped.

Slowly opening her eyes, she was greeted by the person’s black leather boots. Scanning, Lalisa noticed the school-issued black socks reaching the girl's mid-thigh, the black and white plaid skirt tucked inside a pristine white blouse. The similarities end there though. While everyone else is wearing grey blazers, the girl is wearing a maroon blazer, black and red silk tie and a shining gold pin on her left collar.

Uh-oh I messed up again. She thought.

“I’m sor-” And s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter