Cupcakes

Please, Don't Leave Me

(Rin’s pov)

           “Yoseob?” I whispered, keeping my voice low so our sleeping 6 year old doesn’t wake up. “Yoseob?” I call again, lightly shaking my husband, “Seobbbie, wake up. We need to move Alice to her bed. It’s noon.”

“Huuuuuh?” Yoseob mumbled, rubbing his eyes.

            “Come on now,” I say, as I gently pick the sleeping baby from the ground and quietly stand up, “get up Seob. Your back is going to hurt later if you don’t move to the bed, and you know how Manger-shim hates it when you have back pains and can’t do squat during a concert, aka fanservice.”

            “I know. Your so strict, Rinny,” Yoseob pouted, using his agyeo to his advantage, knowing I really couldn’t help myself when he did that, “the concert isn’t until 7 tonight, and right now is 12. Go put A-lee into her bed and then come wake me up.”

“Fine. But you have to wake up when I come back, okay?” I sighed.

            Yoseob just nodded and went back to sleep. I smiled as I spun on my heel, heading to Alice’s room. Opening the purple door with one hand, I gently laid her on the pink bedsheets. The light movements woke Alice, and she looked up at me and smiled as I tucked her in.

“Will you wake me up in time for Appa’s concert?” she asked in concern, after I finished.

Man, this kid is getting so sharp, I though to myself. Always asking questions to know what’s what.

            “I promise I will,” I say, as I plant a light kiss on her forehead, “now sleep well if you want to stay awake for the whooole concert.”

            “If I sleep well, will I be able to stay up with Appa and you and B2ST?” the little one’s perfect dark brown orbs grew big with excitement, as she thought of staying up and playing cards with Kikwang, finding the right rap words with Junhyung, playing with hide-and-seek Dongwoon, dancing with Hyunseung, and playing soccer with Doojun.

            “Yes, of course, baby girl. Now go to sleep, so you’ll have the energy to play with your oppas,” I said, soothingly, as I walked towards the door.

            “Ooookay,” Alice smiled, as she nestled her tiny head into her pillow and soon was out like a light.

            Now for the Appa… I thought to myself as I walked back to the living room.

            As I walked in, I could see my husband’s sleeping body curled up on the ground, like a cat. I walked over and kneeled down, placing a hand on his shoulder.

            “Seobieeeee, Yoseoooobie,” I called, shaking him a little.

            “Omo…” Yoseob muttered, as he sat up, rubbing his eyes using extreme agyeo to his advantage.

            “Come on now…” I said, reaching my hand out for him to pull himself up with, “A-lee is having her afternoon nap. What do you want to do?”

            “Well I’ve slept for about an hour and our little A-lee is asleep,” Yoseob thought for a moment, looking at me, blinking cutely, “annnd well…I’m a little hungry for something sweet…”

            “Is that a hint for me to make you cupcakes?” I asked, smirking.

            “Yesssh,” Yoseob answered, while taking my hand and leading me to the kitchen.

            “I can’t believe you…well…more I can’t believe myself,” I said in disbelief, as I tied my blue apron over my black suit shirt that was now slightly crumpled due to sleeping on the floor, “I know you can’t have any sweets…Manger-shim made that very clear…cause it’s your comeback stage, yet I’m making these for you…what the heck…”

            “Come on Rin…it’ll be our little secret,” Yoseob pouted, grabbing the flour and sugar.

            “It better be. You don’t want to drink the power again do you?” I said, walking over to him to give him a hug.

            “No. I hate that stuff,” Yoseob said with heavy disgust, putting down the two containers on our granite countertop and wrapping his arms around the small of my back.

            “I know Seobie,” I said, rolling my eyes, “You could have written a book about how much you hate that stuff last time Manger-shim made you take it. You know it’s not okay to eat sweets during a comeback concert and you have puke it up afterwards, so why do you eat it?”

            “Cause’ it was from Alice…I love eating her food, even if it can’t stay in my stomach,” Yoseob answered as if it was a no-brainer.

            “I know Seob, but you really scared her when you had to puke it up and she caught you. You know…she thought you hated it. So much that you were trying to get it out of you stomach.”

            “I know. But I made her believe that I loved it by eating more of her cooking. Even though later Manger-shim made me puke it all out later.”

            “Geez Seob…you always make problems for yourself,” I said, puling out of his arms, “what kind do you want babe?”

            “Chocolate please,” he answered promptly.

            “Okay. Do you want to help?”

            “No. I just want to watch you. You look so calm and graceful when ever you make them.”

            I laughed,

            “I have to be Seob, when the customers at Cloudcakes watch me, I have to look good at what I’m doing. It’s just acting.”

            “I think you’ve become good at acting then,” he said, smiling, as he pulled up a chair out of my way to watch.

            I just smiled at him as I got to work. Chocolate was his favorite so I knew the recipe by heart. I, myself, like red velvet and Alice likes strawberry.

            °°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

            Ding!

            Must be done baking, I thought to myself as I got up from the couch to check on the cupcakes.

            I opened the oven door up and grabbed a toothpick, sticking it in. It came out clean.

            “Yay!” I said to myself, as I pulled them out to cool on the cooling rack.

            Now I just have to wait two minutes before I can frost them, I thought happily as I walked back to the living room. It was 3 o’clock now.

            “Are they ready?” Yoseob asked.

            “Yeah, just need to wait a few more minutes for them to be cold enough to frost. Are you happy with buttercream frosting?” I asked, as I sat down next him.

            “Of course. I love buttercream. Can you put sprinkles?” he asked, being childish.

            “Sure.” I said, rolling my eyes at him. What would I do without my pabo Seobie?