Chapter 2

Dance in the Rain

"Next week we're going to have a school trip in Daegu for three days." Mr. Choi announced as the class went wild. "Settle down class. I'm going to check the attendance next week, okay? Prepare for it." he added, suddenly the school bell rings. 

 

"Class dismissed." he declaimed as the students went out from the class and went to the canteen to have their snacks.

 

"Jihae~" Min whined as she went to her best friend. 

 

"Are you okay?" Jihae asked her. Min looks so depressed when Mr. Choi handled her the test paper. "You look upset. Is something wrong?" 

 

"How I'm going to explain this to my parents about my result?" she pouted. "I'd only got C." 

 

"I already told you to study well. You know that your parents are very strict about your grades, right?" Jihae looked at her. 

 

"Yeah, I know." she sighed. "I'm going to be so dead." 

 

"Come on. I'll help you, okay?" Jihae ruffled her hair. "But you promise that you will do well."

 

"Really?! Thank you Jihae, your the best!" Min hugged her. "Come on, let's have our snacks." she said as she pulled Jihae and went out to their class. As they walked in the hallway, Min felt something was missing. 

 

"Oh! ! I forgot my phone!" she cursed out. "Where did I left it?!" 

 

"Maybe you left it in our class, do you want me to come with you?" Jihae asked. 

 

"No, it's okay. Its my fault anyway. Just wait me in the canteen, okay?" 

 

"Okay. See you." she said as Min went back to her room to find her phone. Meanwhile, Jihae was heading to the canteen when someone bumped on her. 

 

"I'm sorry!" the person who bumped her apologised. "I didn't mean to." 

 

"It's okay." Jihae said as she looked up, it was Jongin.  

 

"Are you okay?" he asked. "I'm really sorry. I wasn't looking where I was going." 

 

"Yeah, I'm fine. " she said. Right then, awkward silence filled the atmosphere. "I'm going first." she said but when she about to leave, Jongin hold her wrist. Jihae raised her eyebrow. "Yes?" then she looked at his hand. Suddenly, Jongin pulled out his hand out of her wrist. 

 

"Well....I..." he shuttered. He really don't know why he stop her from leaving. Then he cleared his throat. "Congratulations, you really did a great job on our exam." Luckily, he found a good reason to stop her. 

 

"Oh...Thanks. You too." she said. Right then, Min came with her phone in her hand. 

 

"Jihae, I already found my phone!" she cheered as she walked towards her direction. She looks surprised to see Jiahe talking with someone. "Oh, Kai-shi." she bowed. "There's something wrong?"

 

"Annyeong." Kai bowed back. "Uhmm nothing. I just want to congratulate her." 

 

"Oh, okay. Uhmm. Jihae, let's go?" she looked at her as Jihae nodded. "Goodbye, Jongin-shi." then they left and went to the canteen. Jongin was still standing and watched her as she disappeared in his sight. 

 

"Yo, bro! Wassup?" Chanyeol burst out as he slung his arm to Jongin's shoulder. And that made Jongin back to his senses. 

 

"Oh, is that Jihae-noona you talked awhile ago?" Sehun, the maknae butted in their conversation. "You know I really admired Jihae noona." he confessed. Suddenly, some of their friends came. 

 

"Hey guys. What were you talking about?" Baekhyun asked as he looked at his friends that was looking weirdly to Sehun. "Hey maknae, what did you do this time?" he asked. "That make this two guy looked at you weirdly." he added. 

 

"Yah, hyung. You're talking to me as if I did something wrong everytime." Sehun pouted. "I've just admired Jihae noona." 

 

"Jihae? Park Jihae?" Kyungsoo raised his eyebrow. 

 

"Ah! That silent girl in our class!" Baekhyun cheered as he remembered what happened this morning. "Waeyo~?" 

 

"Well as what you've said, Jihae noona is calm girl but she's so bright. Not to mention she's pretty." Sehun explained. 

 

"Yeah, you're right. So far, she's the calmest girl I've seen here in our school." Suho commented as he joined their conversation.

 

"But as far I know, not all the students knew her becausee she didn't like to socialize with other people." Kyungsoo said. "But I've heard that she's really nice when you're close with her." 

 

"Well, guys that's enough. It's not good talking about a girl behind her back." Suho said that made their conversation stopped. Then the guys nodded as they went to the canteen to grab their snacks. 


Meanwhile, Jihae and Min went to find a table to able to eat their snacks, as they found a table and took their seat and start eating. 

 

"So, you talked with Jongin-shi~?" Min said in a teasing tone as Jihae glared at her. "What?" she asked innocently. "It's really rare that you have a conversation with people especially a guy." That's true,  because she's not really fond of having a conversation with someone else. Except when someone would actually ask or tell something to her, ofcourse she would response. 

 

"What?" she raised her eyebrow. "We bumped into each other, he apologized and he congratulated me. That's all." she defended herself as she start eating her snacks. 

 

"I bet he has an interest to you." Min giggled at her that made Jihae choked on her food.

 

"What? Are you crazy?" she asked her. "It's non-sense, you know." she said as she took a sip on her drink. Suddenly. the school bell rings, the break time is over. 

 

"We should get going now." Jihae said as they stood up and went to their classes. As they walked in the hallway, Jihae forgot something in her locker. 

 

"Min, you go first, I forgot my notes in the locker." she said. 

 

"Aigoo~ forgetful Jihae." Min shook her head. "Okay, pali!" then Jihae went to their locker to get her notes. She typed her password in her locker and she got her notes. Right then, her phone rings. 

 

"Yoboseoyo?" she asked through the phone. "Oh, oppa." she smiled after hearing that voice. "Really? That's good. Hope to see you soon. Ne! Annyeong~" then she hung up her phone and put it on her pocket. She didn't know that someone was passing by and he accidentally heard their conversation. 

 

"I've never seen her smile like that." he mumbled as she slowly disappeared on his sight. Oppa? Whose oppa?