A dead heart can still beat out of love

Kyumin one-shots♥

Title: A dead heart can still beat out of love.

Rating: PG-13

 

Words: 4806

Summary: Sungmin has felt watched lately. Maybe a little too watched. Was he imagining it? Was it reality? He didn't know really. But one things was for sure. Someone was waiting for him. To make him his.


A/N: I don't know where this is going. I'm just having a huge writers block on my other stories and this just popped up in my head. Hope you like it~

 


 

 

Sungmin gasped as a shiver ran down his spine. He felt watched. He turned around to see if anyone was behind him, but he was alone. It was just him, the small light from street lamps and darkness from the night. 

 
"I'm going crazy." He mumbled and shook his head. Every night for two weeks when he went home from his guitar lessons it felt as if someone was following him. But every time he turned around no one was there. 
 
 
It was driving him crazy. In the beginning he could only feel it when he walked outside, but lately the feeling came to him while he was making dinner, cleaning his room, watching a movie with his parents or hanged out with Ryeowook. 
 
 
He also had a lot of nightmares lately. They could be about anything, but mostly about him running for his life.
 
 
Speaking of his best friend, Sungmin hurriedly took out his phone and dialed his best friends number. 
 
 
"Hello?"
 
 
"Wook it's me. It's here again, it feels like someone is following me."
 
 
"Not again Sungmin..." Ryeowook groaned. "I've already told you, no one is after you. You're just imagining it."
 
 
"B-but I-"
 
 
"No buts Min. You're probably anxious about the finals. Once they are over I promise you will feel better."
 
 
"Maybe." Sungmin sighed and smiled when he finally spotted his house. "Wook I'm home now. I'll see you at school tomorrow." And with that he hanged up.
 
 
When Sungmin entered the house he took off his shoes and places his guitar by the door before going to the kitchen. His mom was standing in the kitchen and making dinner. 
 
 
"How was the lesson?" She asked without looking up. Automatically Sungmin started making the salad after giving her a kiss in the cheek. 
 
 
"It was fine. Eunhyuk was there."
 
 
"The boy you have a crush on?" A blush appeared on Sungmin's face before he quickly nodded. 
 
 
"Y-yeah." Mrs Lee chuckled. She knew her son had had a crush on his guitar teacher for a whole year now. Why else would he even begin to think about playing the guitar? 
 
 
At first it had been hard to understand. Mrs Lee always expected her son to marry a beautiful girl and have children with her, but when Sungmin admitted he played for the other team everything changed. But being the understanding mother she was she accepted it. However, Mr Lee still was a little hesitant. Of course Sungmin's dad lived him but he had a little harder time accepting it completely. 
 
 
"I don't get it. He likes you and you know it. Why don't you ask him out?" 
 
 
''Mom I can't. Yes, he's confessed to me before but I don't know what to do. I mean what about dad?"
 
 
"That old man? Sungmin I think he will understand and accept it if its for your own happiness."
 
 
"You think so?" 
 
 
" I know so. When are you going back for the next lesson?"
 
 
"Next week. He's going to be busy with stuff at his university so he needs to be there." Sungmin said and continued with his work, smiling to himself the whole time. Next week he was going to tell Eunhyuk, and hopefully they could become something more than teacher and student. 
 
 
Again, Sungmin felt watched and looked out through the window. For a second he thought he saw something moving in his backyard, but it was probably a cat. Sungmin's sister loved giving them milk, causing for them to hang out sound the house every day. 
 
 
I won't let that happen. Mine. A person thought and retreated back into the shadows. 
 
 
page-divider-103.gif
 
 
He ran. A group of men was running after him, screaming for him to stop trying to get away. They just wanted to get to know him. 
 
 
Sungmin's heart was pounding so hard he thought it would jump out from his chest, but he refused to stop running. Tears were threatening to fall. He was shaking, screaming for help and whatnot. When Sungmin looked to the side he saw an alley. It was already dark outside so hopefully they wouldn't see him.
 
 
He went for it and pressed himself in between the walls and closed his eyes as he heard the men ran past him, praying and hoping to god they wouldn't see him.
 
 
''Hey where did he go?''
 
 
''I think he ran that way. You two go that way while go there. Go!'' Another voice yelled and soon enough they were all gone. Sungmin slowly opened his eyes and could finally breathe when he realized they wouldn't come back. He looked to the side and saw light on the other side of the alley. If he went out that way he would probably get home faster.
 
 
Sungmin carefully looked around for the men. When he didn't see them he finally came out and was about to run towards his house when someone grabbed his wrist.
 
 
''Going somewhere Sweets?'' A voice whispered into his ear and he felt a slap on his .Sungmin looked at the man in horror and tried to jerk his wrist away, but the man was holding him to tight. He couldn't see his face because of the darkness - that made the situation even worse.
 
 
''N-no please...''
 
 
''Aww such a cute thing. I think I will have some fun with you.''
 
 
''Let me go! Don't touch me!'' Sungmin shot back and once again tried to get free. When he failed he heard the man chuckle.
 
 
''Not yet. Guys!'' The man called out and out of nowhere they all appeared and surrounded him.Sungmin shivered in fear and tried to scream when he felt how one hand covered his mouth and a pair of arms pushed him down to the ground. Suddenly another weight was on top of him, and now Sungmin could clearly see his face. 
 
 
Big dark gem shaped eyes, his thick lips were turned up into a smirk, his skin was white as snow and his hands were cold as ice when they came in contact with Sungmin's cheeks.
 
 
''N-no! Get off me! Let me go! Please! No!!!''
 
 
 
''NO!!'' Sungmin yelled as his eyes flew open and he shot up from his bed. Tears were running down his cheeks and his heart was basically jumping out from his chest. Sungmin looked around in panic and was relieved to find out he was in his room and not in the Han river. It was just a nightmare.
 
 
All the images from the dream and the feeling of panic overtook Sungmin and once again he started to cry hysterically.
''Sungmin! Sungmin are you okay?!'' Mrs Lee yelled as she stormed into her sons room.
 
 
She saw Sungmin curled up into a ball while lying down on his bed. Not wasting once second she immediately hurried towards the bed and pulled him in for a hug - which was returned. Mrs Lee could feel how much the boy shaking and heard how panicked he was on his voice.
 
 
''Shh Sungmin. It was just a bad dream.''
 
 
''I-It felt so real! The-th-they were.... chasing me and... an-and they...''
 
 
''Shh... It's okay. You're safe. No one is going to get to you as long as I'm here. I promise.''
 
 
I wouldn't be so sure of that...
 
 
''Sungm- Oh my god! What's that!'' Mrs Lee screamed in horror. Sungmin looked up and followed his mom's eyes until they landed on his pillow. It was covered in blood and big stains had ruined his sheets. Out of a reflex Sungmin touched his head and all the way down to his neck before he felt something wet. He pulled his hand away and saw... blood.
 
 
With a panicked expression he looked up at his mom for an explanation, but she looked just as confused as him. Then all of a sudden the whole world started spinning. His eyes couldn't focus on anything. He heard his mom yell - although it was muffled down by dizziness. The last thing Sungmin felt was how he fell back onto his back before everything turned black.
 
 
page-divider-103.gif
 
 
The next time Sungmin woke up he could feel something cold against his cheek. Someone was whispering something to him, but he was still too dazed to hear anything. He slowly opened his eyes and looked up. Someone with black hair and dressed in the same color was hovering above him. Trying to see who it was Sungmin blinked his eyes. But when he opened them again the person was gone.
 
 
''Sungmin!'' A way too familiar voice called out for him. Sungmin looked to the side and saw Ryeowook standing there, worry written over his whole face.
 
 
''Wook? Where am I?''
 
 
''The hospital. Oh god Sungmin you can't scare me like that! I thought you were going to die!''
 
 
''What happened.'' The boy on the hospital bed managed to voice out and rubbed his forehead.
 
 
''They don't know for sure. All they know is that you had a large cut on your throat and you lost a lot of blood.''
 
 
''Oh... My mom.... Where is my mom?''
 
 
''She had to go away for a business trip. It was very urgent so she didn't have much time to argue against them. But she will be back in a few days.''
 
 
''And my dad?''
 
 
''Same with him. But I actually think he's deciding to stay away because he is scared. You really had all of us thinking you were going to die.''
 
 
''How long was I out?''
 
 
''Three days.'' Three days?! Sungmin had been unconscious for three days? From a blood loss?
 
 
''W-what? How is that possible?''
 
 
''You lost a good amount of blood Sungmin. If you would have arrived to the hospital just a few seconds later you wouldn't be speaking to me right now.'' Sungmin didn't know what to say. He was in the hospital because of a injury he had no idea how he got and his parents were gone. What the hell?
 
 
While he was still trying to process the situation Sungmin looked to the side and was surprised to see a bouquet of flowers on his table.
 
 
''Who are those from?''
 
 
''I... I don't know. I went to the toilet and when I came back they were there.'' Ryeowook tilted his head and started looking around the room. He was just about to speak when someone knocked on the door and peeked in from the door. It was Eunhyuk.
 
 
Seeing his crush standing there Sungmin really wanted to smile at him. Instead of feeling the happiness he should have he didn't feel anything. Eunhyuk entered the room with his usual smile and glanced at Ryeowook. 
 
 
''Hey Sungmin. How are you feeling?''
 
 
''Not good. I'm dizzy.''
 
 
''Yeah I can understand that. Um could I please speak to you for a minute? In private?'' 
 
 
''I don't think I should leave. Sungmin Hyung is still weak.''
 
 
''Then I will look after him. Please Sungmin?'' Eunhyuk asked with puppy eyes. Sungmin felt a little bothered by the expression but couldn't find it in his heart to say no. And so he looked over at his friend and nodded. 
 
 
''It's okay Wook. You can leave for a while.'' Letting out a deep sigh and shaking his head, Ryeowook stood up from his seat and left the room. Eunhyuk smiled and went to sit on the chair beside Sungmin's bed.
 
 
''I heard what happened. You really don't have any idea how you might have gotten that cut on your throat?''
 
 
''No.'' Was all Sungmin said. He kind of wanted to be left alone right now since he still wasn't feeling well. Besides, that nightmare still hadn't left his mind completely yet. 
 
 
''So Sungmin about what I said before... That stuff that I like you I mean. When you are healthy enough to leave the hospital, would like to go out with me? I mean as on a date?'' Upon hearing the question Sungmin looked Eunhyuk straight in the eyes.
 
 
He should feel happy, screaming yes and run around in the room. Heck, he should even be smiling since his crush was asking him out. Although instead he looked at the older with emotionless eyes, too drained on energy to react in any way.
 
 
''Sure.'' He shrugged as if it wasn't a big deal. The smile on Eunhyuk's face faded away and it was replaced by sad eyes that looked down on the floor.
 
 
''Is something wrong?''
 
 
''Oh no. I just... thought you would be a little more... happier?''
 
 
''I'm sorry. I'm just tired. I think I need to sleep.''
 
 
''I understand. Call me when you get out, okay? I hope you feel better soon.'' Eunhyuk said and bend over to place a kiss on Sungmin's forehead. Then he left.
 
 
That's right Sungmin. Make him believe you don't want him anymore... You're mine.
 
 
page-divider-103.gif
 
 
The next few day things got worse. Sungmin's nightmares got a lot more raw, leaving him screaming his lungs out in the middle of the night. He didn't wake up with any cuts anymore but somehow his skin got paler and paler for each passing day and he felt as if he got more and more weak because he refused to eat. It was strange because when the hospital did their last check up on him everything looked like it should. So why was he feeling the exact opposite?
 
 
Sungmin got a ride home by Ryeowook's parents. They kept on asking him if he wanted to stay with them until his mom and dad got back, but he didn't want to be a burden. And so Sungmin entered his house and the lights. It felt weird being alone. Usually he wouldn't mind but now it was too quiet. The whole house was dead silent, making him shiver. He was just about to go up to his room when-
 
 
BAM
 
 
A loud thud came from the living room. Sungmin's whole body froze as he looked over to the room. ''Mom? Dad?'' He called out, but got no response. He reached out for the baseball bat his mom kept by the door for burglars, only to discover it was gone.
 
 
And so he had to sneak out to the living room without any protection. ''Mom? Is it you?'' Sungmin said when he reached the living room. He looked around but no one was there. The only thing that didn't look like it should was a lamp that had fallen down on the floor.
 
 
The boy was just about to turn around and go up to his room when he felt something warm against his neck, causing for the hair to stand up. Something cold came in contact with his cheek and he turned around. Nothing was there. 
 
 
''Damn it! I'm really going crazy!'' He yelled and ran up to his room. He slammed the door shut and took off his clothes so he could change into pajamas. He walked towards his window to close the curtain and looked down on the ground. His heart stopped beating for a moment when he saw someone standing in his backyard, staring right up at him.
 
 
Sungmin screamed as loud as he could and looked for his phone. When he finally found it he dialed Ryeowook's number and didn't even let the younger say anything before he himself started screaming and crying hysterically.
 
 
''Ryeowook you need to come to my house now! S-someone is outside! He's looking at me! Please come over here now!''
 
 
''W-what? Hyung what are you saying? Is someone outside your house?''
 
 
''Yes! A-and I think he was in my house! Please Ryeowook! I'm scared!''
 
 
''I will be over in a minute.'' And then the line died. Sungmin buried his face into his hands and kept on crying.
 
 
Don't be scared love... I'm not going to hurt you...
 
 
Sungmin's head snapped up when he thought he could hear someone whisper into his ear. Just as before, he was alone. Suddenly someone started banging on his front door, making it sound like it was going to break. Sungmin backed all the way up to the wall when he heard a voice shriek.
 
 
''Sungmin Hyung! It's me! Open the door!'' Upon hearing his best friend's voice Sungmin rushed downstairs and didn't hesitate one second to open up. He sighed in relief when it really was Ryeowook and embraced him for a hug.
 
 
''W-Wook I don't know what's happening! Someone is here!''
 
 
''Did you say he was in the back yard?''
 
 
''Y-yeah but-''
 
 
''Wait here.'' Ryeowook said and stormed towards the back door. Sungmin heard how the door opened and then quickly closed before Ryeowook came back. ''Sungmin no one was there.''
 
 
''It's because it's dark! Ryeowook can you please stay here for the night? I-I don't want to be alone...''
 
 
''Sure Hyung.'' Ryeowook agreed. After Sungmin had made sure almost every single lamp in the house was on, every door and window locked he wanted to take a shower. After spending days in the hospital without washing he felt a little too dirty.
 
 
When Ryeowook had his popcorn and a movie Sungmin left him in his room while he went to take a shower. Sungmin smiled when the warm water hit his body and felt how the dirt disappeared from his skin when he smeared himself with strawberry soap. When he rinsed his hair from shampoo a small thud could be heard from his room. At first he ignored it since it may have been Ryeowook dropping something.
 
 
But then he heard Ryeowook talking. He turned off the shower to hear what was going on outside but the talk was muffled down by the walls. 
 
 
''Ryeowook? What are you doing?''
 
 
''I'm on the phone with my mom! Are you done soon Hyung?''
 
 
''Yeah I just need to put on my clothes.'' The older said and stepped out of the hot tub. He dried off the water, combed his hair and changed into his pajamas again. When he was just about to open the door to his room he heard Ryeowook talk again.
 
 
''I'm warning you Kyu. I know he matters to you but hurt him and I will hunt you down.''
 
 
''Wook?'' Sungmin called out and entered his room. No one was there except for his friend. ''Who are you talking to?''
 
 
''I told you Hyung, my mom. She's worried because I left my house in the middle of the night.'' Ryeowook said and went to get the popcorn bowl, followed by Sungmin's eyes. The new showered boy looked at Ryeowook's hands and raised an eyebrow when he noticed something strange.
 
 
''If you were talking with your mom, why aren't you holding your phone?'' Ryeowook froze in his spot. He glanced at Sungmin as if he had just committed the worst crime in the whole world and had gotten caught.
 
 
''I-I'm going to make more popcorn!'' The younger said and practically ran past Sungmin. 
 
 
''Yah Ryeowook I'm talking to you! Who were you-'' Sungmin didn't get to finish his sentence before the electricity died out. 
 
 
Without noticing Sungmin started shaking and clinged on to the door. Ever since his nightmares began he was terrified of the dark because that's when he would feel watched the most. And that feeling didn't fail to show up now.
 
 
''R-Ryeowook? Ryeowook turn on the lamps! It's not funny!'' Sungmin started crying and slowly sat down on the floor. The sound of something falling echoed through the room, making him turn around.
 
 
''W-who's there?'' He called out. It got silent for a few seconds before Sungmin felt something cold against his hand. He immediately retreated it and crawled out from his room to the hallway until his back bumped into the wall. 
 
 
My Min... Don't be afraid. A dark voice whispered. It made Sungmin cry even harder and then he felt the came cold object against his cheek. He slapped it away and heard a chuckle.
 
 
''Who are you? W-what do you want?''
 
 
You...
 
 
''No! Leave me alone! Get away!'' Sungmin yelled and started hitting his hands in the air. Ice cold hands grabbed his wrists and the next thing Sungmin knew warm air hit his neck, which he assumed was someone breathing since he could hear the sound of it.
 
 
''W-what are y- AHH!!'' He screamed out in pain when he felt something stab his neck. Sungmin tried to push the person away, but the other was too strong and kept him down, pressed up against the wall. Sungmin tried to get whatever was in his throat out, but it stayed inside. In the end he could feel something out his blood from his veins and the whole world started spinning. 
 
 
I'm sorry Min... The pain will go away soon... The dark voice whispered before he passed out.

 
 
page-divider-103.gif
 
 
When Sungmin woke up the first thing he felt was pain in his head. He slowly sat up and rubbed his temples, when he noticed something. He was sitting on a bed. Looking at himself he also noticed that his clothes had been changed from his pajamas to a huge white oversized dress shirt and a pair of black sweat pants meaning... Someone had changed his clothes for him. And probably seen his body. 
 
 
The thought put Sungmin in a panic mode and he looked around. He wasn't in his own room. Instead he was on a king sized bed with silk sheets, white walls, a wardrobe and a mirror right across from him. Remembering the pain he had felt earlier Sungmin turned his head to the side and scanned his neck. Two holes were decorating it.
 
 
''Don't worry it will heal soon.'' Sungmin screamed at the sudden voice and looked at the only door in the room. He started shaking violently when he saw who it was. It was the man from his dream, the one he had before he went into the hospital. Sungmin backed up against the headboard when the man started walking closer to him and eventually sat down in front of him.
 
 
''I'm sorry about last time I bit you. I just couldn't resist. At least the big scratch has healed.''
 
 
''Y-you... It's you! You're the one from m-'''
 
 
''Your dreams. Yes I'm quite aware of that. It pains me that you had such horrible dreams about me but hopefully I can soon prove to you that I'm not like that at all.'' Hopefully soon? What the hell did that mean?
 
 
''Who are you?''
 
 
''Me? I'm Kyuhyun.''
 
 
''Where am I? Where is Ryeowook?''
 
 
''You're in my home. Don't worry about Ryeowook, he's fine. Now you and I finally have time for ourselves, without him disturbing us.'' Kyuhyun smiled and reached out to cup Sungmin's cheek in his hand. However, the smaller man rejected it with turning his head to the side and back away even more.
 
 
''You don't have to be scared of me Min.''
 
 
''I'm not! Let me go!''
 
 
''There's no need to shout. And no, I will not let you go. I've waited years for you, and now that I finally have you, you won't leave. Ever.''
 
 
''Y-you're sick! You think you're going to keep me here? Everyone will look for me.''
 
 
''No they won't. Your parents don't remember you anymore, and Ryeowook won't tell the police. He and I made a deal.'' Sungmin's eyes widened in shock. Ryeowook knew where he was?
 
 
''Yes, he knows where you are.'' Kyuhyun answered as if he had read Sungmin's mind.
 
 
''That's not possible. I'm his best friend, why would he make a deal with you?''
 
 
''Because he's my brother's grandson. He know's when to obey his elders.'' Sungmin tilted his head to the side in confusion. Was this guy mentally insane?
 
 
''That's impossible. That must mean that you are three generations older than him. And me.''
 
 
''That's right.''
 
 
''It can't be. No one lives that long and you look like you're in your mid 20's.''
 
 
''That's because I died while I was in my mid 20's.'' Kyuhyun suddenly stated. Once again Sungmin stared at the other in confusion. Had he lost too much blood again?
 
 
''B-but to do that you have to... I-I mean... Only vampires do that, and they are not even real.''
 
 
''If they didn't exist I wouldn't be sitting in front of you right now.'' The room fell quiet. Sungmin looked at the other man for a moment and then shook his head.
 
 
''No. No it's not... You are not a vampire! They are just fictional! Stuff you see on TV!''
 
 
''That's what most people think. Sungmin if I'm not what you say, then how do you explain the wound on your neck right now?'' At the mention on the wound, Sungmin touched it and flinched when it stinged.
 
 
''Careful Min, it's still fresh so it will hurt for a little while.'' Kyuhyun made another attempt to get closer to the boy in front of him and carefully caressed the wound. Surprisingly it didn't hurt but the ice cold hand against his warm skin made Sungmin flinch.
 
 
''Are you the reason I ended up on the hospital that day? Did you bite me when I was asleep?''
 
 
''You smelled too good that night. I couldn't help myself and when I retreated my fangs I guess I accidentally cut you. I panicked because I knew you were about to wake up and I thought seeing me with your blood on my face wasn't the best first impression. Again, I apologize. I lost my self control.'' Kyuhyun sighed.
 
 
For a moment he actually looked sad and regretful. But Sungmin shook it off and looked towards a window. He couldn't see out much but it was obviously day time. A heavy fog made it hard to see anything except for a few twigs from trees.
 
 
''I know this place may seem scary at first but I've lived here for 67 years. You will get used to it."
 
 
"S-so... You're really not going to let me go?" 
 
 
"No." Kyuhyun said and scooted closer to Sungmin. He grabbed a hold of the youngers hands and ran his thumbs over over the skin. It had been a long time since he held something so warm and soft.
 
 
''But I have a family. I have friends.''
 
 
''They aren't your parents anymore. I erased you from every single of their memories. And Ryeowook left you to me, remember?''
 
 
''You erased me from my parents memory? How dare you?! What makes you think you can-''
 
 
''Because you're mine!'' Kyuhyun suddenly roared, his eyes turning red. Flashbacks from his past nightmares that included Kyuhyun came back to his mind, the flashbacks that showed him as a threat. Instantly Sungmin jerked his hands away from Kyuhyun's grip and curled up into a ball - shaking from fear.
 
 
When Kyuhyun saw this he quickly calmed down and let his eyes go back to normal. He sat down beside Sungmin and wrapped him in for a hug. Sungmin responded to it and hugged the former around his stomach while burying his face into his chest.
 
 
''I'm sorry Min, I didn't mean to yell at you. Please don't cry.''
 
 
''I-I want to go home.''
 
 
''I am your home now.'' Kyuhyun stated and grabbed Sungmin by the thighs. He pulled at them so the younger fell down on his back. The former leaned over Sungmin and laid down on him as he started the wound on his neck.
 
 
''Kyuhyun please don't. I'm only 17.'' Sungmin said, his voice shaking when he felt Kyuhyun's hand on the back of his neck.
 
 
''I won't touch you in that way until you're ready. I just want to know how it feels like to hold you.'' Kyuhyun mumbled and buried his face into Sungmin's hair.
 
 
''Strawberry. My favorite.'' He mumbled. Sungmin let his tears fall as he hugged the vampire and grabbed him by the arms.
 
 
''I love you Sungmin. I've had my eyes on you for years now. Even though I'm dead my heart is still beating for you.''
 
 
Kyuhyun was never going to let him go. After admiring his from a distant for years he finally had him. Sungmin was his now, and his alone. Forever and ever.
 
 
- THE END -