Christmas Gift [one shot]

Christmas Gift [one shot]

 

The afternoon was hazy, and Yeonhee was fascinated with the darkening, thick clouds that covered the sky. The park was empty, and the cold breeze blowing that day rustled the trees, sending leaves fluttering around the creaking swing set as the girl swung lazily back and forth. The toes of her heels left long trails in the sand beneath her, and she smiled softly when the snow began to fall. She was humming happily to herself, staring up at the first snowflakes as they pirouetted from the sky. She couldn’t help but conclude that these past few months were most definitely the best she had ever experienced.

Exactly fifthteen months ago this very day, the one she’d been so in love with revealed that the feelings were returned. They shared their first kiss two weeks after that, and they were rarely seen apart. There was nothing more in life that Yeonhee loved than her Jaejoong.

Pulling the thick scarf tighter around , Yeonhee tilted her head back and closed her eyes, allowing the unique crystals of the white snow to caress her cheeks and lips, sticking to her eyelashes as released a soft puff of heated breath. It was incredibly cold outside, but Yeonhee felt nothing. That’s what love does to you, she supposed.

Christmas was fast approaching. In fact, tonight was Christmas eve. And even though Yeonhee was in the best of moods, as she had been since she and Jaejoong became a couple, she was slightly depressed. She hadn’t seen her lover in almost a week, and it was really starting to worry her. Jaejoong didn’t call, he didn’t send an email, nor did he come to visit. Why was Jaejoong being so secluded? Was he avoiding Yeonhee? No, Yeonhee mused, Jaejoong wasn’t like that. Jaejoong was the only one who, with just one simple glance, could make Yeonhee turn as red as a tomato. So where was her darling on this special night?

Yeonhee sighed again, watching her breath swirl through the air as she shifted on the cold seat, her cotton-sheathed fingers gripping the icy chains of the swing. Jaejoong’s absence was starting to bring her fear, her worry increasing day by day. Especially now that tomorrow is Christmas! They should be together…Yeonhee thought it was about time they moved in together. She wanted nothing more than to be with the male. And at the current moment, she wanted to feel those soft, pierced lips against her own.

Shifting nervously, the versatile girl ceased her swinging and jutted out her full bottom lip, nibbling on the inner flesh as she felt tears pricking at her eyes. She wanted Jaejoong more than anything right now, and she realized she hadn’t felt this lonely since before Jaejoong admitted his love. Where was the pretty boy when she needed him the most? She stared at the swing next to her for a moment, remembering that warm night when Jaejoong sat there and said he was in love Yeonhee. This was the very spot they admitted their love for each other, and the very spot they shared their first kiss.

Right here on this swing set.

Returning to humming to himself, Yeonhee began to swing again. Back and forth, back and forth, back and forth. The creaking of the metal chains was a reassuring melody, and it drowned out the light footsteps crunching in the frozen grass behind him. When she closed her eyes, she could imagine Jaejoong’s warm, strong arms around her shoulders, Jaejoong’s broad chest against her back, and Jaejoong’s plump lips against her neck. It only took a moment before Yeonhee realized she wasn’t daydreaming.

Gasping softly, Yeonhee’s pout upturned into a smile as she leaned back against the familiar warmth. “Jaejoong…”

“Hey, baby…” Jaejoong whispered, pressing a kiss to Yeonhee’s reddening ear. “I just went to your place to talk to you, but you weren’t there. I was worried.”

“You were worried about me?” Yeonhee whispered softly. “Jaejoong, I’ve been terrified…I’ve called you, and I’ve emailed you…and every time I try to go see you, you’re never home!”

Jaejoong chuckled lightly and kissed Yeonhee’s cheek. “I’m sorry I scared you, darling. I was finishing your Christmas gift.”

“My Christmas gift took over a week?” Yeonhee tilted her head back to rest on Jaejoong’s shoulder. “Why?”

“Because it’s rather large, love.” Jaejoong said, caressing Yeonhee’s cheek.

Yeonhee smiled and held Jaejoong’s hand tight. “How’d you know how to find me?”

“Well, I figured you’d be upset with me because I wasn’t around for a week, and I knew that if you weren’t home when I went for you, you’d be here. This is our special spot.”

“You’re right. I come here to think a lot. I come here when I’m mad at you, or when I’m really sad. Being here always makes me feel better.”

“I’m glad. But what do you say to heading out and buying some hot chocolate and then heading home, so I can give you your Christmas present?” Jaejoong smiled, pushing his lips against Yeonhee’s in an awkward kiss.

Yeonhee moaned happily and nodded. “That sounds wonderful!”

-:-:-



Upon arriving at the small café several blocks from the park, Yeonhee promptly slid her hand into Jaejoong’s cold one. They had barely spoken a word in a week, and yet the girl was absolutely content just resting her head on Jaejoong’s shoulder. Jaejoong held the door for her, and Yeonhee smiled at the kind gesture, reveling in the flood of warm air they were presented with.

Jaejoong laughed as Yeonhee’s dark bangs were pushed into his face, and the younger female gasped, trying to fix her hair. “Don’t worry, Yeonie…” He whispered, cupping Yeonhee’s face with one hand for a moment as he walked passed toward the cashier. “Your hair is beautiful no matter what.”

Yeonhee’s cheeks were burning a bright red as she quickly followed the pretty boy, wrapping her arms around him from behind. “Jaejoongie…”

Jaejoong smiled, his hand covering Yeonhee’s as he ordered their hot chocolates. He turned slightly, leading Yeonhee away from the counter after he’d paid and toward the other side of the long table where they’d receive their beverages. Spinning in the other’s arms, he looked down to see Yeonhee smiling up at him. “You’re so pretty.”

Yeonhee nuzzled her nose against Jaejoong’s collarbone and sighed happily. “I missed you so much, you know.”

“I know you did. You have no clue how much I missed you too.” Jaejoong replied, brushing the snow from Yeonhee’s shoulders and pushing a longer strand of hair behind her ear.

“So what’s so amazing about my Christmas present that you needed a whole week to complete it?” Yeonhee bounced excitedly.

“If I tell you, it won’t be a surprise anymore!” Jaejoong chuckled. “How much fun would that be?”

Yeonhee pushed out her bottom lip again, hoping her classic puppy face would win her love over. “Pretty please?”

Jaejoong shook his head again. “Nope.”

“Pretty please with a cherry on top?” Yeonhee pressed a kiss to Jaejoong’s throat. “Please?

“No, Yeonie. You’ll just have to wait until we’re at home, okay? So no more pouting; it doesn’t suit you as well as you think. You’re much cuter when you smile.” Jaejoong whispered, holding Yeonhee’s body close as the shorter one rose to press their lips together.

“I love you, Jaejoong.” Yeonhee said, holding both Jaejoong’s shoulders as she rested her head against his neck.

“Mm…” Jaejoong closed his eyes and tilted his head to lean on Yeonhee’s. “I love you too, Yeonhee.”

“Here’s your hot chocolate!” The cheery teenage girl behind the counter smiled, pulling Jaejoong and Yeonhee reluctantly from their own little world.

“Let’s head on home?” Jaejoong whispered, taking his drink and handing Yeonhee her.

Yeonhee nodded and grabbed Jaejoong’s hand again, tugging the pretty boy excitably to the door.

-:-:-



“Alright,” Jaejoong smiled, tossing his empty cup into the trash as he stopped walking when they neared a long row of condominium buildings. “This is where your surprise starts. And your gift is so big, Yeonhee, that you have to wear this…”

Yeonhee stared down at the black cloth that Jaejoong had removed from his pockets. “You…want me to wear a blindfold?”

Jaejoong nodded, smiling. “Yeah. So turn around.”

“But, Jaejoong-ah, people will think we’re doing naughty things!” The shorter one laughed, closing her eyes as the fabric was placed over them.

“No, we’re fully clothed, and you’re not handcuffed, so there’s nothing for them to be worried about.” Jaejoong whispered, kissing Yeonhee’s cheek as he slid his right hand into Yeonhee’s left.

“Jaejoong, what if I fall?” Yeonhee bit her lip.

“You just have to trust me, Yeonhee. I won’t let anything happen to you.” Jaejoong said as he began to guide the other down the street.

“Are we almost there, Jaejoong? I’m really getting cold. And this blindfold makes me feel stupid!”

“Don’t pout, Yeonhee. You know what I told you earlier.”

“I don’t really care,” Yeonhee huffed. “I’m afraid I’ll trip on a step or something.”

“There’s only two steps, and then we’re taking the elevator.”

“But there is no elevator in your condominium…”

“I know.”

“Jaejoong, what are you up to?” Yeonhee whined.

“Come on, we’re going inside now,” Jaejoong said as he directed Yeonhee through the glass doors. Their heels clicked against the hardwood floor as they walked through the room, and the elevator doors were noticeably quieter when they opened. After pressing the button for the eighth floor, Jaejoong turned and pulled Yeonhee into his arms, knowing the other didn’t like elevators that much. “We’re almost there, okay?”

“Okay…” Yeonhee replied nervously.

“Don’t be scared, Yeonhee-ah, it’s only you and me.”

“I’m not scared; I just don’t recognize this place.” Yeonhee said as she nuzzled her nose against Jaejoong’s throat.

“I know you don’t. There’s no way you’d know where we’re going.” Jaejoong looked down at the blindfolded girl and kissed her nose. “We’re here.” He said when the elevator stopped and the doors opened.

Following Jaejoong’s lead, Yeonhee stepped out of the elevator and felt her feet sink slightly into plush carpet. The hall smelled of spice, and it was very warm. When Jaejoong stopped, she gripped the taller boy’s hand tighter and bit her lip.

“Ready?” Jaejoong smiled.

“Of course I’m ready!” Yeonhee laughed, bouncing in her spot. “I want to see my present!”

“Alright,” Jaejoong untied the knot between Yeonhee’s head of dark hair. “Here you go…”

Yeonhee blinked several times, letting her eyes adjust to the dimmed hallway lighting. She looked around and deemed herself completely stunned by the lovely hall. But she still had no clue what was taking place. Looking down, however, she noticed a small box wrapped in green sparkly paper with a red bow. Beneath it was a small coffee colored envelope holding a card. Bending down, she cradled the objects in her hands. “Are these for me?” She asked, her eyes landing on Jaejoong’s happy face.

Jaejoong nodded. “Yeah, open them.”

Deciding to be traditional and opening the card first, Yeonhee’s eyes filled with excited confusion. Reading it aloud, she looked up at Jaejoong again. “’Welcome Home’?” She whispered.
Jaejoong was biting back a blinding grin as he waved to the box. “Open the box.”

Dropping the card into her pocket, Yeonhee slowly lifted the lid and peered inside. There, seated on a red velvet cushion, was a gold house key. Taking it out and holding it delicately in her palm, her eyes filled with tears. “Jaejoong…”

Jaejoong laughed softly and wrapped his arms around Yeonhee’s waist, kissing her neck and hugging her tight. “Welcome home, Yeonhee. Open the door.” He whispered.

Nodding, unable to speak due to the lump in his throat, Yeonhee slid the key into the door handle and turned it, listening to the mechanisms in the door click to adhere to her command. Slowly she pushed the heavy barrier open, and her eyes widened. “Jaejoong…Jaejoong!” She cried, stepping inside, the other right behind him. “This…is my gift?” She whispered.

“Yes, do you like it?” Jaejoong asked, scratching the back of his neck as he watched Yeonhee spin around, taking in their surroundings.

Yeonhee looked at the picture hanging on the wall in the foyer. It was one of her and Jaejoong at the beach. Jaejoong’s arms were wrapped tight around Yeonhee’s shoulders, and they were both smiling. He turned back to face the girl and smiled. “Like it? You ask me if I like it?” She whispered, tears trickling down her cheeks. “Jaejoong, I love it! I can’t believe you did this!” She launched himself at the pretty boy, wrapping her arms and legs around his waist.

Jaejoong laughed, releasing an unmannerly ‘oof’ upon colliding with the wall, but holding the younger girl as close as he possibly could. “I’m so glad. I don’t think I could go another fourteen months without waking up beside you.”

Yeonhee smiled, lifting his head to look into Jaejoong’s eyes. “I love you, Jaejoong…I love you so much it hurts me inside.”

Jaejoong slowly kissed the girl in his arms, pressing this lips together ever so softly before they moved against one another. When the kiss broke, and he rested his forehead against Yeonhee’s, he could see nothing but love and faithfulness in her eyes. He knew it was Yeonhee that would complete him, and he wanted nothing more.

 

“And being conservative enough, I know what I should do next,” Yeonhee eyes turn to him in disbelief before she see her lover kneel down with a box in his hand.

 

“Lee Yeonhee, I love you and I want to spend the rest of my life with you as the future mother of my child………’

 

 

 

 

 

………………….

 

 

“Will you marry me?”