A Lunch Date

A Ride to Love

 

Sam’s interview had gone well though a bit tiring. All through it his mind had been on that boy and he couldn’t wait to see him again. He slowly walked out of the building hoping to catch the cab with the boy as the driver.

 

He smiled as he thought of the boy’s pretty face and how his face had light up at the idea of maybe getting a label deal. Which reminded him, he had to give his company a call. The boys talent was really beautiful, it would be sad to waste it.

 

Sam got it the taxi, disappointed at how it wasn’t the boy driving but quickly thought of how Yun must be tired and was probably resting, it was late after all.

 

Surprised at having already reached his apartment he paid the driver and got out. Heading inside he set to take a shower and go to bed. He would call Yun in the morning to know if he wanted to hang out.

 

0000000000000000000000

 

Sam woke up the next morning having slept better than in a long time. And for once he wasn’t late. Thinking that now would be a good time to call his agency he got up from bed and headed towards the living room.

 

After hanging up he was excited by the company’s response. He couldn’t wait to call Yun and give him the news! Deciding to call him right away.

 

“Hello” came the boy’s voice through the phone.

 

“Hi Yun, it’s me, Sam, from the taxi yesterday.”

 

“Sam hey! I honestly didn’t think you’d call” replied the boy a bit taken aback.

 

“Of course I’d call you!” says Sam a bit indignantly. “I’ve got good news, are you free to meet up sometime today?”

 

“Umm, sure. Whatever time is good for you”

 

“How about lunch? My treat.” Sam asked a bit embarrassed.

 

“Lunch would be great, but I can pay for myself Sam” shyly answered the boy.

 

“I invited you, so it’s only right that I pay. Come on Yun, it won’t be any trouble for me” said Sam as he tried to convince the boy on going in this ‘date’. He giggled, ahaaam, chuckled as he thought about the word.

 

“If it won’t be a bother sir, than alright”

 

“What have I told you about calling me sir” Sam scolds playfully.

 

“Won’t happen again!” Yun replied faking a cadet voice.

 

They both laughed at the little play they had put on.

 

“So.. I’ll pick you up at around noon?” asks Sam hesitantly.

“That’d be great!” Yun said back quietly, a slight blush spreading across his cheeks, thankful that Sam couldn’t see him.

 

They hung up after Yun gave his address and they’ve said their farewells.

 

Sam went about the rest of the morning with a skip to his step. He hasn’t been this excited about something ever since his latest album release.

 

00000000000000000000000000

 

Parking the car in front of Yun’s house he dialed the boy’s number and waited for him to pick up.

 

“Hey, I’m out front”

 

“I’ll be right there” said Yun as he opened the front door rushing down the steps.

 

“Hey” Yun said smiling slightly coming to a stop in front of Sam.

 

“Hello” Sam replied with a small smirk curving his lips. “Ready to go?”

 

“Yeah” said Yun blushing as Sam held open the passenger’s side door for him.

 

Sam went around the car and got in the driver’s seat. Pulling out of the curb Sam noticed Yun’s astonished face as he discreetly looked around the car. With a small smile Sam broke the silence.

 

“It was a gift from my parents when I moved to Korea. It’s my baby!”

 

“Wow, it’s really beautiful! If you don’t mind my asking, where are you from?”

 

“England” replied Sam. “I’m half Korean and half British”.

 

“You’re fluent in English then? That’s really awesome! I’ve always wanted to learn it, but it’s too hard” Yun said enthusiastically as he almost bounced in his seat.

 

Sam chuckled as he replied “I’ll teach you if you want”. Sending a flirtatious wink in Yun’s direction, smiling as he saw the boy blush.

 

Yun gave a small smile as he looked down at his lap. Sensing the boy’s discomfort Sam changed the subject.

 

“I forgot to ask, where do you want to eat?”

 

“Anywhere is fine” Yun replied looking up a little, a smile still on his lips.

 

“How does sushi sound” Sam asked with a thoughtful look crossing his face.

 

“I love sushi!” replied Yun, his smile widening.

 

Sam stared back in awe at the beauty of the boy, a smile also tugging at his lips.

 

“There’s a nice little sushi place over at Hongdae. I always go there, it’s lovely really!”

 

The rest of the ride was silent as the boys listened to the light melody in the background. Upon arriving Sam quickly rushed out of the car to hold the door open for Yun, seeing the boy blush once again as he smiled at the ground and nodded his head in a silent ‘thank you’.

 

Wow! He really wasn’t kidding about this place. It’s amazing! Though Yun as they entered the restaurant.

 

They sat down at a table near the back of the place. It had a more private feel to it Sam thought. An elder lady came over to their table to take their order, leaving saying it would be out shortly.

 

Staring at Yun across the table and how the boy nervously kept biting his bottom lip.

 

“Sam, you said you had news for me?” the boy shyly spoke up.

 

“Oh yeah! Almost forgot!” said Sam laughing slightly, but he could see how the boy still anxiously waited for him to continue. “I called up my agency this morning, and guess what? They’d love to meet with you and set up an audition!” Sam continued smiling.

 

His smile widened as he saw the huge grin plant itself on Yun’s face. The boy glowed just not in the cheesy vampire movie way.

 

“Th-that’s great! Wow, I can’t believe it! Thank you so much Sam, really!” the boy stuttered and slipped over a few words as his excitement grew.

 

Sam smiled back just as brightly. They old lady returned with their food right at that moment, setting it down on the table.

 

“Thank you” they replied simultaneously, looking at each other and smiling afterwards.

 

They set to eat in a comfortable silence glancing at each other every now and then. This is perfect thought Sam as he looked at his crush eating happily at the other side of the table. They’re knees brushed and Yun looked up a smile on his full lips.

 

“Thank you for all of this. It’s really amazing” Yun said sincerely as he looked into Sam’s eyes.

 

Blushing a little Sam shrugged. “It’s really no problem. I really enjoy your company Yun”.

 

Now it was Yun’s turn to blush as he looked down at his hands. “Even though we just met yesterday, I really like hanging out with you too Sam”.

 

The lovey-dovey moment was cut short as the old lady appeared again asking if they needed anything. Both shook their head and made to leave. Sam paid the bill as he had said, but that didn’t mean Yun didn’t bicker with him trying to at least split the bill. Sam was having none of that, and he made that clear to Yun.

 

They left the sushi place and were heading for the parked car when Sam suddenly grabbed Yun wrist, pulling his attention.

 

‘Would you like to have ice cream with me?” he asked boldly as a brief moment of courage shot through him.

 

“Sure.. But I’m paying this time!” Yun agreed and lightly scolded Sam at the same time, a smile on his lips.

 

“I’ll make that sacrifice” Sam replied feigning disappointment but quickly after he smiled as well.

 

The boys laughed as they walked down the streets of Hongdae looking for an ice cream shop, talking about anything that came to mind. Sam holding in the urge to hold Yun’s hand.

 

Soon after they found a little shop. Sam held open the door for Yun and blushed when he was rewarded with a thank you sir and a wink.

 

“What have I said about the calling me sir?” Sam asked unable to hold in a laugh to go with his fake scolding tone.

 

Yun laughed as well heading towards the counter and pulling Sam along with him by the wrist. The bold action shocked Sam, but he soon got over it and followed the boy. Grin as big as was physically possible.

 

They ordered the ice cream, this time Yun paying, and headed for the little tables on the balcony.

 

The boys sat in a thoughtful silence knowing that the ‘date’ would soon come to an end and neither wanted that. Sam was pulled out of his thoughts as something cold came in contact with his nose. Realizing it was ice cream he gaped at Yun, seeing the other childishly poke out his tongue at him.

 

He laughed as he dipped his finger in his own ice cream before bringing it up to smear across Yun’s nose. The action ended up in an full blown ice cream war. They doubled over with laughter at their little game.

 

Heading back to the car with a handful of napkins they boys were still laughing over the events. Leaning against the car Sam stared helping Yun get strawberry ice cream off of his hair.

 

His hand stared slowly gliding towards Yun’s cheekbones as the boy stared into his eyes. Sam’s face started leaning forward and Yun followed along until they’re lips brushed against one another. Yun’s hands shakily found they’re way around Sam’s neck, pulling him closer.

 

They pulled away a couple seconds later, breaths coming in slight pants and pink covering both their faces. Neither knew what to say next as they stood there awkwardly.

 

“Umm..” Sam broke the silence. “We should head back” he said backing away a little as Yun’s hands slowly dropped from his shoulders.

 

“Yeah, umm.. Yeah” replied Yun his blush darkening.

 

They got inside the car and were quiet the entire ride back to Yun’s house. Stealing quick glances at each other along the way. As the car parked in front of the house Sam turned to Yun looking flustered.

 

“Umm.. I really enjoyed today” he said quietly, a small smile tugging at the corners of his lips.

 

“Me too” replied Yun still blushing and looking down.

 

“W-would you like to go out with me again sometime?” Sam asked shyly.

 

“Of course!” Yun replied looking up from his hands to find Sam staring intently at him.

 

Before they noticed, both were leaning forward their lips touching in a sweet kiss.

 

“I’ll call you later, yeah?” Sam said using his hands to brush back Yun’s bangs.

 

“Yeah”  replied Yun breathlessly.

 

After another small smile Yun got out of the car and headed for his front door, but not before turning back and waving at Sam.

 

Sam’s heart sped at the little gesture and he drove back home with a huge grin on his face all the way. One that was sure to last for a while.