A Ride to Love

A Ride to Love

 

“Taxi!” yelled Sam Carter as he rushed across the sidewalk trying to be heard over the morning traffic of Seoul. His alarm clock hadn’t gone off in the morning, leaving him late for his interview.

 

Getting in the car he gave the address to the taxi driver while staring at his phone.

 

In the driver’s seat sat a boy, no older than twenty, with brown hair flowing slightly past his ears.

 

Sam’s attention was elsewhere until a soft melody caught his ears.

 

“Who sings that song” asks Sam.

 

“I do sir. I’ll turn it off if it bothers you” replied the driver.

 

“No, it’s fine. Your voice is quite beautiful though” said Sam as he finally really looked at the driver.

 

“Thank you, sir! It means a lot coming from you” shyly replied the boy.

 

“Stop with this calling me sir” said Sam “I don’t look that old, do I?”. Sam joked trying to lighten the mood. “What’s your name?”

 

“Han Seung Yun, but most just call me Yun”

 

A beautiful name fitted for a beautiful boy Sam thought as he tried to figure out how to ask the boy on a date. Surely it wouldn’t be weird to ask him would it?

 

With his destination quickly arriving Sam had to think quickly. It’s now or never; besides what have I got to lose!

 

“Yun” called Sam trying to get the driver’s attention. “Say, have you ever thought of being a professional singer?”

 

“Well yeah, but I don’t think I’m good enough for showbiz sir”

 

“Nonsense! And what have I said about calling me sir?”

 

“Sorry sir. I mean Sam!” Yun quickly corrected himself.

 

I’ll just ask for his number saying it’s for the agency, that way he won’t reject me will he?

 

“Now, if you’d just give me your phone number my agency will defiantly contact you. Hell, I’ll even do it myself!” Sam said enthusiastically.

 

“You’d really do that for me?” asks Yun surprised. No one has ever given me such an opportunity thought the boy as he gave Sam his number.

 

Arriving at his destination Sam paid the taxi fare. “I’m sure the agency will be in contact with you soon” said Sam as he was gathering his things. “I’ll see you soon Yun”.

 

“Bye Sam, and thank you!” happily responded the boy as he was pulling away from the curb.