"I do like you"

I Hate You... and I Like Him.

          ‘Do you want to do something?’ it keeps ringing in my head. I don’t know what to say. What does he mean by that question?

        “Huh?” I asked in confusion. He repeated his words. “I was saying if you want to do something? You know something fun or something to-“, I didn’t let him finish his words. “Seunghyun-ssi, I’m sorry but whatever you have in mind… it’s not going to happen. So please do-“, “What were you thinking? I was saying if we could watch a movie or go out so we can occupy ourselves while your brother is out, if you just want.” He said with a serious tone. My eyes widen in shock okay that’s just embarrassing. Well I thought he was thinking of… you know! He noticed my facial expression then he apologized. “Ji yeon-ah, are you okay? Did I frighten you?” he said. I shook my head no then burst into laughter. Yeah right, he got me there.

        “I’m sorry too, I was thinking of the other way… I’m really sorry. Anything would be fine. Can we just stay here and watch a movie instead?” I said sobering from my laughter. He just chuckled and nodded. “What movie are we going to watch?” he asked. Right, what movie should we watch? I don’t know what he likes. What if our likings are opposite with each other? “Ah, I don’t know what movie we should watch… I have some CDs here but they’re all romantic-comedy films.” I said as ravage my CD collection. I went back to my seat feeling disappointed that we can’t watch a movie together. “Why don’t we just go out?” he suggested. “We can’t, what if we get caught? Especially you, you’ll get into trouble.” I insisted. “Then what should we do?” he asked. We both keep silent.

        “Let’s just watch TV and find something amusing show to watch.” I said turning the TV on. I flipped the channels looking for some good show. I switched the channel to Disney. I love Disney shows especially “Oggy and the Cockroaches”. Although I’m 21 I still watch those cartoons. “You’re watching that?” Seunghyun asked unbelievably. I nodded shyly. “Okay let’s just turn into kids today shall we?” he said smiling at me. We sat on the couch comfortably enjoying the show. I didn’t know that the awkwardness between us would melt. I’m just so happy right now. How I wish I can tell him that I like him.

        “That was fun!” Seunghyun said as the show ended. “Yeah it was. I want more.” I said with a laugh. We ended up staring at each other’s eyes. It’s like he’s reading my mind and so I am. His face is getting closer to mine when we both heard a knock on the door. He backed away quickly as I get up to see who it is. I opened the door and a pizza delivery boy greeted me. I don’t remember ordering pizza anyways I’ll get it. I didn’t realize Seunghyun behind me. He handed the bills to the guy and then he left. “You ordered this?” I asked him. He nodded in response. “I thought you might get hungry so I ordered.” He said as he opened the box. How sweet of him. Should I tell him now? I took a slice and stuff myself with it. I turn to face him. I breathed deeply. This is it. I’m going to say it.

        “Seunghyun-ssi…” I started. He turned to me as he bites his pizza. I averted from his gaze then I tried to bear with it again. “Actually, I want to tell you something.” I said trying my hardest not to stutter. “Go on” he simply said. “Actually, I… I li….” Oh gosh I can’t do this. “Oh c’mon, tell me… you what?” I look at him shyly he’s also teasing me like what Ji yong oppa did to me earlier. I can’t say it anymore. I pouted and stared at the floor. “You do like me, don’t you?” he said grinning. I quickly look at him with my eyes round as saucers. “You like me?” he repeated. “No it’s… I… I actually… yes, I do like you.” I said lowering my head to hide my blushing face. “Wow, I guess we’re meant to be.” He said and that made me look at him again. “What do you mean by that?” I asked. “To tell you honestly, I like you too… a lot.” I can’t help but to blush again from his words. I covered my face with my hands but he grabbed my hands and held them to his. “I love you Ji Yeon-ah.” He said sincerely. “Seunghyun-sii…” he hushed me. “Don’t call me like that. From now on call me oppa, okay?” he said and I nodded. He held my hand and played with it cutely. Just in time as his face was getting near mine as if he’s going to kiss me when suddenly the front door opened.

        “Yah yah yah! Kwon Ji Yeon, hyung?” and there he is, my brother standing in front of the door with his shocked face. Seunghyun released my hand and we quickly rise up from our seats.

 

 

--END--