Knowing Her

Escape

Byun Baekhyun looked at his right after examining the whole cafeteria. He saw a few boys laughing, chatting and smoking - the usual things a guy should do after growing up. But he didn't. He liked to spend his time alone and nobody dared to talk to him due to his attitude.

His father died after smoking and his habit spreaded to his wife, who died as well. He was now adopted by a family since he was eleven which he can say with only three words; stupid, worthless and crazy.

Baekhyun thought that his ''new'' parents and brother were nice because when they saw him in the orphanage he lived for six years since he was five, their faces were each plastered with a smile and he was totally wrong.

That family was given ultimate richness but they spent it in useless stuff. They were mentally crazy especially the boss in the family, Mr. Choi.

He was almost sent to a mental hospital across town a few months ago, according to some neighbours. 

Mrs. Choi always made out while she was drunk, of course, with her husband at night which made Baekhyun almost vomit.

Their 21 year-old son, James Choi, who was five years older than Baekhyun, was a natural playboy or you can say, a true casanova. He slept with every girl he dated and dumped them after 24 hours then he would sing in the karaoke room, singing out loud while he was drunk.

He and Baekhyun always picked fights and bickered all day and hight which added the noise mixed with Mr. and Mrs. Choi's ''business'' after James sang his whole song about stupid stuff.

Baekhyun sighed as he sipped on his fresh orange juice after munching on the tuna sandwich Mrs. Choi made this morning. What can he say? It was gross.

What a stupid life he lived with the mentally stupid Choi family but lucky for Baekhyun, he didn't change his last name because he wanted to keep it since it was written on both of his parents' wills.

Suddenly, a voice which almost sounded like a whisper interrupted Baekhyun's thoughts.

"Um, Baekhyun-ssi, is something wrong with you?"

Baekhyun looked at his left and his lips curled into a small smile, since he wasn't in a good mood. A girl who almost looked like a Barbie doll with a curious expression but still, a wide smile was on her face.

He pondered into his thoughts to remember the girl's name and snapped his fingers, tilting his head.

"Aren't you Shin Yoonjo from class 4-C? You're one of the girls who entered our school choir."

The girl named Shin Yoonjo giggled and nodded quickly, beaming.

"Yeah and you're Byun Baekhyun.. or Choi Baekhyun from class 4-A."

"To be honest, Yoonjo, I didn't- Wait, how did you know that I lived with the Chois?"

Baekhyun nearly collapsed from his seat and he was literally surprised. He never told anyone about his past since in fact, he was a loner. Did Yoonjo stalked him or what?

"I lived a few doors down from the Chois. I knew everything from the other neighbours and ugh, the Chois . Just hearing news after news about them will make me vomit or something else like that.. Oops, I'm sorry!"

Yoonjo closed tightly with her hand after pursing her lips and bowed her head, showing Baekhyun an apology sign.

Baekhyun chuckled and suddenly, his smile began to grow wider. This girl was cheering him up without using any jokes at all.

"No, it's okay. They're really like that and living with them is like living in Hell."

Yoonjo released her hand from . was hanging open, her jaws dropped and she froze at her spot.

"Seriously? You didn't like them?"

Yoonjo's mouth was still hanging open and her eyes blinked at the thought of Baekhyun hating the Chois.

"Mhm. It's a long story to be honest," Baekhyun replied as he sipped on his orange juice again before turning his gaze back at Yoonjo. Suddenly, the bell rang loudly, meaning recess was over.

"Well, I forgot to say, it's nice to meet you, Baekhyun-ssi." Yoonjo cracked into a wide smile. Baekhyun stiffled a chuckle and stood up, patting Yoonjo's head.

"Please, call me Baekhyun. I'll call you Yoonjo, arasso?"

"Eung." Yoonjo gave a simple nod at Baekhyun. Baekhyun also smiled as he saw Yoonjo's reaction and heaved a content sigh, thinking, She's adorable.

"Um, Yoonjo-ah."

"Yes, Baekhyun?"

"Can we meet at the recreation park near my house at 4p.m.? That's the time when the Chois sober and all. I'll tell you everything."

Yoonjo just nodded and bit her lower lip in nervousness. Something was bugging her, making her shiver a little. Baekhyun blinked at Yoonjo's actions as they both made their way to their respective classes.

"Y-Yoonjo, is everything alright?" Baekhyun asked his new-found friend before sending her off to class 4-C.

Yoonjo didn't say anything but instead, she nodded and waved slightly at Baekhyun as her feet moved slowly towards the entrance of class 4-C.

Baekhyun scratched his head and his lips curled into a smile again. He can't wait for their meeting this evening.


A/N: Hello, my dear readers! This chapter is really, really short and crappy. You can count this as a prologue or whatsoever you name it. Haha, I updated fast today due to my eagerness to type this. Anyway, I guess this fanfic hasn't got any recognition yet since it's still new.

Also I'm sorry for my grammar and spelling mistakes and the short chapter. I'm still an amateur in writing so, yeah, I'm not like the awesome authors out there. Okay, I don't have anything to say now so goodbye and we'll meet again in the second chapter! Do continue spreading the ExoVenus love!

P.S. I think maybe, the second chapter is going to be long.. just maybe.