PROLOGUE

Prince of Darkness

PROLOGUE - THE CHALICE

LEE NAMI POV

The old chalice still sat on the table beside the fire place. It's hull half full of the blessed water that he had he received. The reflection of the brisk fire repelled on the waters surface, twisting it's colour into a mellow pink. He told me that blessed water reflects on what you see and how you feel. Anger, resentment, jealousy are just the main traits blessed water can see the most deeply. It's harmonic taste differs from person he had continued. That day he had dipped his finger gently into the water, the colour stayed the same. It didn't change one bit. He tasted it slowly, as if it were a drop of blood. There were no emotions displayed on his face. His full concentration on the taste. I was deeply intrigued only wanting him to say of the taste and the how it felt as it slid down his throat. The feeling it gave once it grew in the body, taking over the senses. Of course, being the Prince- or Lord of Darkness, he kept it to himself. He left the room into one of the many corridors. The mist swallowing him whole.

Now, that very chalice sits in front of me. The colour growing into a deep agonizing blood spilled orange. A pool of anger. Only a handful of the blessed water remains. I stare at this deeply knowing that I will never let another consume it, as his touch still remains. This memory, or fragment of a bigger memory, is something I cherish for many reasons. And I, Lee Nami, will tell you the story of how I came to cherish this memory, and why it is the sole reason I live.