Heat (G.O)

Sad Memories

note: this is kinda random though.

______

 

It felt like two revolutions around the sun and he still wasn't done. 

"Oppa, just how long are you going to take?" 

No reply. 

Irritated, you stopped applying your mascara and gazed into the reflection where his silhouette was; still in the same place, still showering, still taking so inconsolably long. Putting your makeup down, you walked to the shower and rapped the glass three hard times, the next louder than the last. After the second knock, you saw him flinch himself to awareness and turn to stick his head out from the crack of the sliding door. 
trans.gif

"What?" he asked with a groggy voice. The water from his upper lip dripped into his mouth.

"Finished yet?" 

He stood there for a moment and looked down at you with tired eyes. "Just another second."

You knew instantly then what Byunghee meant and you were right: he was going to lock himself back in that glass prison so that he could mess with his hair for another half hour only to come out looking the exact same way. 

But you were wrong. It only took him twenty minutes.

Room choked in steam, you heard the sound of the water slow down to the final drip... drip drip... and two seconds later, the sound of the door rolling back. But you were standing right there, looking at him through the mirror, when you saw him step out with that towel around his waist. And, no, you didn't focus on that. You focused on the curves of his spine, the way the water rippled in and over each space before trailing down and disappearing into the towel. You focused on his shoulder blades and how they looked like clipped wings, and how every move he made made you wish it weren't so hazy, so wet or so hot. For a fraction of a second, your body ran hot and you imagined smearing the water away from his collarbone with your finger, running it back up to his neck and--

"We're running out of time." His sudden voice broke you out of your daze. 

Did he catch you?

Think fast. Don't fluster. "We'd already be out if you didn't take so long," you finally threw out after a second. 

Looking for the foundation, he didn't seem to notice your struggle. Still, your chest was running rampant and you told yourself to calm down, to try and think about what was important. The other band members where probably already at the restaurant waiting for you two. You latched onto the idea of making it there and it helped ease your heart.

"Yeah? You're still putting on your makeup. You're just as bad as I am," Byunghee said suddenly. You turned to see that he gave you an incredulous look. Your cheeks burned red and you smiled at how right he was.

"Oh, really?" you challenged, a surprising, teasing tone breaking away from your voice. You grabbed a nearby towel then and tossed it over his head faster than he could react, quickly throwing your hands over it and giving it a firm shake. He faked a loud protest and shared your laugh, and as your playing turned to a slowing pace, his smile began to ease and steady. The water from his hair dripped over your arms. The cool air was his breath running over you. You felt each strand of auburn hair brush between your fingers and smelled his soap, his shampoo, and something so painfully him and you knew he couldn't help. The angle of his jaw, his veins, the curve of his lips... you ran your finger over a stray drop of water and drew it from his shoulder up to the light pulse in his neck where it stayed, your lips now parting as you felt the spaces between each heartbeat. Quietly, he lowered his head and you saw it in his eyes: This time, he noticed you.

You only smiled but didn't let go.

"Come on... Let's get there before Seungho finishes all the food."