Pt. 2

Genius
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 And she was right.

Two, long and excruciating months had passed and you are still crying over him. Of course the news of your break up spread across the school like wildfire, as expected from the most adored and popular couple of the campus. Well, for the record, you guys are not a couple anymore, thus making that statement somehow, erroneous.

Once again, you are all alone in the wooden swing of the rose garden. Ever since the break up you’ve been frequent here. To be honest, you are just avoiding the arbitrating eyes of the people. You are trying to runaway from all the gossips; all the murmurings and all the talks about the so-called “break up of the century.”

It’s highly offending, for your part.

You are furious; why can’t the people just sympathize and after that go on with their lives? Why do they even have to meddle on some other people’s private business? Why can’t they just shut up?

All these questions are seriously bewildering your mind and in order to control your anger, you decided to isolate yourself from the mob.

And this, the Rose Garden is your way of seizing your heart from all the hate and fume you feel to the naïve.

All of a sudden, a pink bunch of sugar cotton appeared right before your eyes.

“Stop thinking, Mia.” You heard Jessica’s voice. “Give yourself a break.”

You held the cotton candy and looked to your best friend. Her face flashing a gentle smile and her eyes is nothing but compassion.

“Thanks Jess.” You replied. “Yeah, I guess you’re right.”

“Common, eat that up or else I will.” She kidded and sat beside you.

“Did you guys talk?” she asked.

“No.” you shortly answered.

“Text?”

“No.”

“Email?”

“No.”

“Well … maybe you’re using some sort of Morse codes and whatnot in order to communicate. Common Mia, I know he wants to see you.”

“Either Morse code method or electronic mailing, it’s still the same. Communication. And the answer goes as well. No.” you answered sarcastically.

“Geez, sorry to burst your bubble, Einstein. I’m no genius here, just tryin’ to give you some advice.” Jessica said.

You just looked at her and you guys already understand what that meant; that you are both sorry and the two of you are immediately forgiven.

“But I’m serious here, Mia.” Jessica insisted. “You have to talk to him. Stop hiding and stop avoiding him. You’re only making things complicated.”

“I’m doing this because I know it’s best for the both of us. We’re history. And that’s all there is to it.”

“OMO!” Jess suddenly shrieked.

“What?” you asked, blinking.

“History 101, late, detention, ring-a-bell?” said Jessica.

“Oh .” You answered and the both of you raced to your classroom.

The both of you arrived at the vicinity just in time before the professor comes in. Not to mention the both of you are panting but laughing at the same time.

Imagine the amount of air your lungs needed, doing two exercises at the same time.

“I’m glad we made it.” You said and high-fived your best friend.

“So do I.” Jessica answered and gave you a playful wink.

“Weird.” You simply said and settled in your seat.

“Okay class, today we’ll be having a paired activity.” The professor spoke. “Listen up as I assign your partners.”

Usually, these kinds of stuffs aren’t a trouble to you. You’re naturally good with people so having different partners in almost every activity you have is a no big deal.

But not today.

Not in this activity.

 

“Shin Mia and Kris Wu.”

When your professor finally uttered the bloody name, not to mention right after yours, you swore, you pinched your cheeks nonstop just to make sure.

“E-excuse me, Ms. Han.” You said raising your hand.

“Yes, Ms. Shin?” she asked, looking at you through her thick glasses.

“I think Mr. Wu is not from this class.” You said, trying not to tremble as you speak.

“Really? But I think I’m in the right class.” You heard that voice.

That one lone voice that can make your heart flutter in excitement yet ache in resentment as well. It’s magical how he can make two completely opposite effects on you at the same time. Thinking of it, you can feel more hate fuels burning in you heart.

And you hate that feeling. It’s choking you.

This is not good.

Gasps from the people inside the room erupted. The most controversial couple—well ex-couple, finally together in one classroom after two months of silent break up.

The familiar ache in your chest suddenly returned. Almost immediately, you bit your lip, trying your very best not to waver from his over whelming presence.

“I forgot to inform you that Mr. Wu will be taking History 101 in advance for his course, so expect to see him in this class for the rest of the semester.” The professor said, her eyes looking straight at yours.

“Is something wrong, Ms. Shin?” she mockingly asked. “I thought the both of you are … together.” The old woman said with a snicker. Emphasizing her last word as if it’s an insult to your entire being.

“No.” you silently answered and looked away.

You could only sense her giving some sort of smirk before continuing on calling out names.

Even so, the people continued whispering. You can feel looks of daggers being shot in your way. It’s not something that you should be surprised about, actually.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter