Pt. 1

Genius
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You are seated in the wooden swing of the university garden randomly kicking the pebbles right beneath your feet. With your lip-biting, skirt-crumpling, stiff position, head hanging low, hair-covering face and shoulders occasionally shaking; it clearly indicates that you are crying.

In this huge rose garden of your prestigious university, you are all alone. But even so, you are trying your very best to suppress your sobs and moans.

Maybe it’s the fact that you experienced this thing for the first time. Given that, all the stuffs going on in your heart is foreign to you. You are left baffled and upset about your current situation.

As you try to concentrate on controlling your over-whelming emotions, your senses failed to fathom the sound of incoming footsteps directed to your location. You remained stiff, ingenuous of the fact that the little secret you are trying to hide is about to be spilled in less than ten seconds.

“What’s our prodigy doing here, all alone, in the rose garden?” the person said.

Your breathing hitched.

.

You tried to compose yourself before looking up, wiping the stray tears in the process.

You already knew who the person was, base on her voice and her tone alone. It’s your one and only best friend, Jessica Jung.

“Jessica.” You said and gave a half-hearted smile.

“Goodness, Mia. Are you okay?” Jessica hastily asked and sat beside you, having to notice your beat red face.

“I’m fine, Jess. I think I looked down too long, hence making my face flush.” You cleverly replied.  

“I know you’re lying, Mia.” Your best friend answered, crossing her arms across her chest.

You gave her a look.

“Common, we all know that you have a habit of drawing circles with your index finger whenever you are lying. Tell me, you always have me, remember?”

You sighed in defeat. Yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter