Birthday Present#2

Birthday Presents --AFF Summer Fic Writing Contest entry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The basketball hall was full of people like usual. A group of cheerleaders gathered at one side, yelling their cheers for the boys practicing at the field. As Mr. Coach blew his whistle, signaling break time, the girls in sync started to sing Happy Birthday song. A girl with red hair band and the broadest smile on her face went to the front with her both hand holding a black forest cake.

 

“Jinwoon-ah, happy birthday!” she said.

 

Wiping his running down sweats, Jinwoon approached the girls. “Wow, girls, you don’t have to do this.”

 

“This is nothing, Oppa!” said the brown-haired girl on the left of the girl holding the cake.

 

“Yeah, we practically do this for the other members on their birthdays too.”

 

“Come on, Jinwoon, make a wish and blow the candles!”

 

Jinwoon closed his eyes for a good second then blew the candles gently. The girls—except the one who was holding the cake—clapped happily. The brown-haired girl handed him knife.

 

“Thanks, Sohee. Hmm, whom should I give the first slice?” Jinwoon looked at the girls’ faces, examined which one showed more expectations.

 

“Me! Give it to me, Oppa!”

 

“Yah, Sunmi, why on earth Jinwoon Oppa should give the first slice to you?” Sohee glared the other girl.

 

“Just because—“

 

“Oh, stop, you two! And you, Jung Jinwoon, I don’t care whomever you’ll give it but please just make it quick, I can’t stand it anymore~ Can’t you see my hands trembling?” The girl who seemed to be the oldest between the three whined. “Or just give it to me. I did quite much for this surprise.” She winked.

 

Jinwoon laughed. “Oh, really? What did you do, Nicole?” he .

 

“Oh come on, Jung Jinwoon~ This cake is not as light as feather!” Nicole protested.

 

“Fine, fine.” Jinwoon lifted the knife and carefully cut the cake into some slices. He took a slice and feed it to Nicole. “First slice is to beautiful Nicole who had work very hard to hold the cake~”

 

“Yah! Why do you—“

 

“Say ‘ah~’, Cola~” Jinwoon shoved it to to cut her.

 

“Aaaawwwwww~~ Nicole Onni, you’re so lucky!” Sohee cooed.

 

“Oppa, feed me too! I want you to feed me!” Sunmi pleaded.

 

Nicole chomped the cake clumsily before she yelled again at Jinwoon. “Jung Jinwoon what was—“

 

“Kim Jooyeong! Where are you?! Oh, Jinwoon, you’re having another birthday party here.” Seulin, who had just stormed in the basketball hall, joined them. “Hi Nicole.” She greeted her.

 

“Yo, Seulin.” Nicole greeted back. “Jung Jinwoon, why don’t you take this cake from my hand? I’m getting numb here!” she whined.

 

Jinwoon did as Nicole instructed. “Want some, Seulin?” he offered.

 

“Oh, no, thanks, I’m not hungry now.”

 

“Hey, it’s not you’re hungry or not; you have to eat. I don’t remember seeing you in the cafeteria on lunch time. I bet you haven’t had lunch.”

 

Seulin grinned at his accurate bet. She took a slice and started to bite it without much word.

 

“By the way, Oppa. This is for you.” Sunmi handed a small box.

 

Sohee followed her friend and took out her present. “This is for you too, Jinwoon Oppa.”


“A moment, please. I’ll hand the cake to the boys first.”

 

Jinwoon’s teammates cheered immediately seeing the cake, moreover because Mr. Coach agreed to extend the break for them enjoying the cake.

 

“And this is for you from me, Jinwoon-ah.” Nicole handed her present.

 

“Unwrap them, Oppa!”

 

Birthday present#2: Basketball-related clothes and accessories.

 

Sunmi’s present was mobile strap with two mini rubber basketballs and his name written on the balls. Sohee’s was headband and hand band which came in a set. He put them on right away. Sohee couldn’t hide her blush while Sunmi kept praising that the strap really matched his mobile phone.

 

“You don’t open Nicole’s present?” Seulin raised a brow.

 

“Hey, Cola, this is not a prank, isn’t it?” He shook Nicole’s present. It was much bigger than Sohee’s present. “Last time you wrapped your presents in hundred layers of newspaper so it looked as big as the shoe box, but actually it was only a headband.”

 

“No I swear it’s not! I didn’t have much time to do that, actually, hahaha. Just open it.”

 

Jinwoon tore the wrapping paper roughly and opened the box quickly. He gasped when he realized what it was.

 

“The replica of Yunho Oppa’s uniform when he was first awarded as MVP on National Basketball Competition for High school.” Nicole said proudly. “I hope by wearing this shirt, you’ll get some more extra power and motivation to win on the next competition, just like when he won that MVP.”

 

“How did you manage to get this?” Jinwoon asked in disbelief.

 

“Thanks to Yunho Oppa.” Nicole smiled sheepishly. “It was because him willing to go through all his old uniforms I’m able to create the replica. By the way, it is really exactly the same as Yunho Oppa’s, except for the name written on it. I have your name instead of Yunho Oppa’s.”

 

Jinwoon was at loss of words. “Wow, Cola… Really, thank you very much.”

 

“Onni, you’re so cool! How can you think of giving Oppa something like this?” Sunmi nudged Nicole.

 

Nicole pushed Sunmi’s head playfully. “Because I’m smarter tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter