everywhere you seem

(if it ain't your love) i want blood from you

haha remember when i thought i'd have more time to write after classes started for real..yeah nope. i'm being swamped by work already so i figured i'd post what i already wrote in case i dont have time to write for a while~

 

---

 

 

though jongdae wants nothing more than to curl up in his bed with the covers over his head and cry until he is , head first, into the inescapable black hole of horror that is consuming his life, he has musical composition in 2 hours and he really does want to become a great musician (if he’ll even live long enough to graduate).

 

but either way, the tuition is already paid. if he’s going to die, he might as well not die and waste money.

 

so he drags himself out of the door and onto the subway, steadfastly not making eye contact with anyone the whole time. the crowds seem tenser and more quiet than usual; anxiety boiling under a thin veneer of normalcy. the source is easy enough to find - hot off the press newspapers announcing an exclusive police leak, confirming that the barriers at the plaza are hiding the handiwork of d.o., back to terrorize seoul again.

 

to terrorize him in particular.

 

because no matter how jongdae slices it, the only way that d- that he could know what the view from jongdae’s bedroom window is like is if he’s been there himself. and that means what he saw 5 months ago wasn’t just some fevered, stress and alcohol induced hallucination like he’d been trying to force himself to believe it was.

 

jongdae wants to throw up, a little, and scream, a lot.

 

instead, he sits and stares at the laces of his red vans until his train pulls into the station.

 

---

 

in class, jongdae's peers trade rumours about d.o's reappearance in between the teacher’s lectures, unhelpfully ignorant of the inner turmoil going on in their stricken classmate’s head, just an earshot away.

 

then there's a pop quiz that jongdae fumbles through, despite usually being near the top of their class; when they break for lunch, he realises he left his wallet on the kitchen counter. sullenly stealing fries off baekhyun’s plate, jongdae doesn’t even attempt to join in conversation.

 

it’s not a good day.

 

by the time he gets back to his apartment, the beginnings of a splitting headache is ebbing at his temples. as soon as the elevator doors slide open, jongdae beelines for his door, barely registering the piles of boxes in the lobby and the guy standing in the hall by the neighbouring unit.

 

“jongdae.”

 

a quick pat reveals that his pockets are empty. where are his keys, goddamn it -

 

“jongdae?”

 

jongdae exhales through his nose. he then very calmly and slowly swivels around to tell whoever it is that sorry, but he’s very busy, with important business-like things, and doesn’t have time to talk.

 

“sorry, i -” the rest of his well thought out plan dies in his throat with a choking, exclamatory sound as he looks at the hallway loiterer properly in the face for the first time and it’s ing d.o. jesus ing christ.

 

time seems to freeze, like in a ty martial arts flick or something, as he makes eye contact with the - the serial killer standing right in front of him oh god -


and then said serial killer smiles, his upper lip pulling up to reveal a row of perfectly straight teeth; he looks like a lion on the savannah, and here, jongdae is the closest thing to a wounded gazelle.

 

jongdae is not ashamed at all to admit that his knees promptly turn to jelly and he flops to the carpeting like an inelegant sack of potatoes, or that he makes a noise at a pitch only audible to dogs and certain species of whale.

 

it's a step up from passing out.

 

----

 

now that jongdae and kyungsoo are finally meeting i have a question for you guys ~

i have a few potential endings planned out, some happy, some...not very happy but probably more realistic lol

what kind of ending do you want to see? (◕‿◕✿)