i'm waiting anxiously outside your home

(if it ain't your love) i want blood from you

a/n: what the-how did i get so many comments and views for this short thing omg

thanksx10000 for everyone who commented and subscribed!! i was gonna leave it a oneshot but it seems a lot of people like serial killer kyungsoo so dang i guess i gotta write a real fic with plot and stuff!

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

the sudden inactivity of the notorious south korean serial killer known as ‘d.o.’ has the local population in a state of tense relief.

 

ever since his first kill almost a year ago, the elusive murderer has never gone more than two weeks without leaving one of his brutally distinctive crime scenes - the five week long period of absence that the city is under now is unprecedented. conversations on sidewalks speculate that d.o. has left, or been caught, or just stopped killing, and everyone breathes a little easier, though they’re not yet ready to start leaving their windows open at night.

 

the seoul metropolitan police agency is wary. senior superintendent kim joonmyeon knows that serial killers escalate in their crimes - this rest period could mean d.o. is preparing for something bigger than his previous kills. accordingly, he has his men on high alert. they’ve been losing enough face as it if for failing to catch the killer. he wants to catch him before anyone else dies.

 

superintendent general wu yifan has different concerns. a little older, a little more jaded, and having tangled with serial killers before - having built his career on his capture of huang zitao, the ‘demon of dwangjin’ - supt. gen. wu is worried not that d.o. will ramp up his murders but that he will drop off the radar entirely, and the trail go cold.

 

“the thing about serial killers is that they have ‘dormant periods’, when they don’t commit any crimes, that can last as short as a week or as long as several years. if d.o. stays dormant long enough, leads will dry up and our job will be that much harder.”

 

when asked to elaborate on these ‘dormant periods’, supt. gen. wu said, “everything we know about a serial killer, we learn from his crimes, so while dormant periods are good for the public’s safety, they’re not as good for the investigation. right now, d.o.’s dormancy is not information we can use, but rather an absence of information.”

 

 

 

“there are a lot of possibilities: he might have relocated. he might have been incarcerated or incapacitated in some way. or he might have - as absurd as it sounds - found a romantic partner. america’s green river killer was killing at a rate of 3 victims a month when he met his future wife; after they married he went down to one every few years."

 

 

 

 

"as twisted as they are in other respects, there seems to be some part of a serial killer’s mind, no matter how vestigial, that is still human.”

 

 

 

----

 

 

 

there are several things that kyungsoo notices about jongdae over the last five weeks.

 

several dozen things, actually. as noted from the heart-in-a-box fiasco (jongdae screams until he passes out again, kyungsoo retrieves the box and goes home to sulk), he doesn’t know how to be romantic, but he does know how to hunt, which is almost the same thing. the first step is observation.

 

he doesn’t contact jongdae again. instead, he watches him in his home, at his school, with his friends, when he’s alone. he catalogues the way the singer puts a ridiculous amount of sugar in his coffee and taps his pen when he’s trying to write lyrics and twists and turns in bed until all his limbs are tangled up in the sheets; the fact that he has a pair of thick black nerd glasses he wears without irony and how he dances (awfully) to girl group songs when he thinks no one can see him. most of all, kyungsoo notices how small jongdae is.

 

his wrists are thin enough that kyungsoo could span them with one hand, and they're the same height, but jongdae is a little slighter, thinner and lacking in muscle mass, like he was made for kyungsoo to hold him.

 

kyungsoo wants very much to hold him.

 

he wants to skim jongdae’s pale skin and trace the playful curve of his mouth with his own tongue. he wants to see the muscles in jongdae’s arm twitch when he’s touched, to feel his heartbeat pound when they lay chest to chest, to hear jongdae whimper and beg in that musical voice of his while he s him, then to hear him gasp and pant when he’s breathless and can’t speak at all.

 

jongdae is sleeping now, white sheets twisted around his legs. the hem of the baggy t-shirt he wears to bed rides up when he stretches in his sleep, revealing a sliver of navel.


kyungsoo decides that he’s done enough observation.