A Song For Her

Rhythm & Heartbeats
"Chen has prepared a song for us. What song is it?" One of the MC's of Beatles Code 2 asked.
 
"It's 'Hug' by TVXQ sunbaenim." The MC's nodded, seemingly interested.
 
"Ahh, that. Is there a story behind it?" JongDae, or now better known as Chen, nodded.
 
"Neh, actually when I was in middle school, there was this girl I liked." A smile ghosted over his lips as he began to speak.
 
"I wanted to sing this song for her so I would practice it secretly after school had gotten out. I felt good whenever I practiced so that's when I dreamt of being a singer, and that's why this song is special to me."
 
"Ah so you practiced and became a singer to impress a girl." The other members laughed while Chen blushed.
 
"What grade were you in?" Oe of the hosts asked.
 
"Mmm, 6th grade." The hosts gasped.
 
"You're only in 6th grade but the lyrics..."
 
"A little ual." Chen blushed an even deeper shade of red as the rest laughed even harder.
 
"Did you ever sing it for her?"
 
"Aniyo, I never got the chance to. I'm hoping through this show she'll be able to hear this." The hosts nodded.
 
"Did she have a nickname?" Chen nodded.
 
"Ahh, neh."
 
"What was it?"
 
"Mang-doung-eo." He laughed a little to himself at the cute nickname.
 
"Ah wae?"
 
"Because of her lips. She had full lips."
 
"Ohh so did you guys kiss?" He blushed again.
 
"Neh. We even held hands." the hosts were taken by surprise.
 
"So that means you did date her?" He nodded.
 
"Yes, but only for a short period of time." He felt his heart drop thinking about the memory. The hosts and members expressions saddened.
 
"I even practiced singing for her. I wanted to show my feelings to her, but we broke up because she transferred schools." The hosts face palmed.
 
"Ah seriously? Does this even make sense?" They groaned.
 
"I broke up with my girlfriend." One of them started.
 
"Did you guys fight again?"
 
"Ani, she transferred." Everyone burst into laughter.
 
"Transferring is really, scarier than goodbye." The others agreed, still laughing.
 
"Do you miss her?" Chen nodded.
 
"Actually, I'm curious about her. I wonder how she's doing right now." He smiled.
 
"But you can still meet her?" He shook his head.
 
"No, we lost contact a long time ago."
 
"If she's watching T.V, she'll know, right?" He blushed and nodded.
 
"She'll know it."
 
"Then shall we hear the song?" He nodded again.
 
"Then here's Chen singing TVXQ's Hug."
 
As the music from the piano started, Chen took a deep breath, collecting his thoughts and focusing it on her. He knew this was his opportunity to sing his song, whether she was watching or not, so he tried his best to sing his heart out. He let his emotions take over him as he passionately sang into the mic. His mind only drifted towards her, his muse, his inspiration.
 
His first love.
 
He'd only hope that she'd hear him.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
That night, the members were free and decided to spend their time roaming the city like normal kids. They'd split off into groups, going every which way and tried to stick together as much as possible.
 
Chen had decided to go alone, finding himself at a small cafè on a street corner. The place was nearly empty so he was sure he'd be safe from any fans trying to disrupt his free time. He took a seat by the window near the back of the cafè and watched the people pass by as he waited for his drink.
 
"Here's your drink, sir." The young waitress said as she placed his drink down in front of him. He looked up and smiled softly.
 
"Gomawo." The waitress blushed and walked away shyly. He took a sip of his drink and continued to stare out the window, getting deep into his thoughts.
 
He was content about his performance earlier that day. He had tried his best to express his feelings and hoped that he had showed them. He couldn't help but wonder if she was watching. He really was curious as to where she was and how she was doing, or if she'd even remember him. He'd kill for an opportunity to see her again.
 
Chen had been so deep in his thoughts that he hadn't noticed the girl standing in front of him. Thinking it was just a fan, he looked up, ready to greet her politely, when his eyes widened. The girl smiled seeing the look on his face.
 
"Long time, no see, Kim JongDae." The girl said sweetly. Chen continued to stare at her, pinching himself on the leg to see if he was dreaming.
 
"Ch-Chaeyoung-ah." He stuttered, finding it hard to talk. The girl chuckled.
 
"Neh, it's me." Chen stared at her, taking a moment to admire his muse. He was overjoyed, speechless.
 
"No... Way." He stood up quickly and pulled her into his arms, holding her tight against his chest.
 
"It really is you." He whispered.
 
"I-I saw you on T.V earlier." He pulled her back and looked at her, surprised.
 
"You heard me sing?" She nodded.
 
"Neh." Chen smiled, his smile reaching his eyes.
 
"Finally, I thought I'd never be able to sing to you." Chaeyoung laughed.
 
"How did you know it was my favorite song?" His jaw dropped.
 
"Chincha?! I didn't know, it's my favorite too." She smiled.
 
"Thank you. If I'd known I would've stayed longer." She looked at the ground guiltily. He tilted her head back up, making their eyes meet.
 
"Yah, what matters is that you heard it. Even if it was years later, I'm glad I had the opportunity to sing for you." She smiled again, eyes glittering.
 
"Thank you, JongDae oppa." He pulled her back into his arms, no words said. He wanted to cherish the moment of being with her again.
 
That day had finally come where he was able to sing to her, though it was different from how he imagined it. But even if it were years later, after being separated for so long, she heard him sing. Because of her, he was what he was today. Because of her, he accomplished his number one dream. He would sing her a thousand songs if he could, as long as she was a part of his life again, he'd sing just to be with her again, his muse, his first love. For her, he will never stop singing.
 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Omg I am so sorry for this super late update! I could not think of how I wanted the second part to go and I've been putting it off ever since Dx
 
I'm sorry if the ending , I kinda rushed it and spent about two days writing it, not thinking about how I wanted it to flow -.-
 
Regardless, I hope you still enjoyed this :)
 
Thank you so very much for your patience. I appreciate it 1000000x much!
 
-lilxninjaa