Practice

Rhythm & Heartbeats
"Practice makes perfect. Come on, you can do this."
 
The sweet sound of the piano played in the background as he started to sing again, trying not to let his voice crack this time.
 
"Kim JongDae, don't give up! Do it for her."
 
He took slow deep breaths, relaxing his nerves as he went along with the music. He concentrated on the lyrics, trying not to forget or mix up any lines. He grew frustrated as he couldn't keep up the tempo and dropped the mic, stopping the piano player. JongDae sighed and turned towards the guy.
 
"Thanks hyung, I think I'm done for today." The other guy nodded, gathering his things before leaving. JongDae sighed once again and sat himself in front of the piano, his fingers gliding across the keys as they pressed on random notes. He was lost in his own world, listening to the music playing in his head. It was then when the door opened that he was snapped back to reality, and the moment his eyes laid on her that he stopped everything that he was doing. He smiled.
 
"Anneyong oppa." The girl greeted happily, waving at him.
 
"Anneyong Chaeyoung-ah." He greeted back. The girl smiled and sat next to him on the small piano bench.
 
"What brings you here to the music room?" She asked.
 
"Ehh, well, you know, just hanging around, practicing." He said nervously. She tilted her head.
 
"Oh? Practicing what?"
 
"Um, singing." Chaeyoung smiled.
 
"Chincha? I didn't know you sang. Can you sing for me?" JongDae bit his lip nervously.
 
"Well, the thing is, I don't really feel ready yet. I haven't exactly perfected the song I was singing and I want to feel confident before I show everybody." Chaeyoung frowned.
 
"Ah, arrasso. I won't force you then." She smiled, sending butterflies to his stomach.
 
"Neh. So what are you here for?" He asked.
 
"Piano practice. Shall I play you a song?" JongDae nodded.
 
"Only if you want to." She smiled.
 
"Okay." She laced her fingers together and cracked her knuckles before placing her hands over the keys. Sitting up straight, taking a deep breath, and focusing on the keys, she began playing.
 
It was a classical piece that JongDae really liked. It was a strong and powerful yet slow song that flowed together so well. He noticed how Chaeyoung's fingers glided across the keys, her body moving along with the rhythm with her eyes closed in concentration. JongDae was both fascinated by the song and the way she played it. His eyes locked onto her the entire time.
 
When she finished, JongDae stared at her, mouth agape, and clapped his hands in amazement. Chaeyoung shyly smiled.
 
"What do you think?" She asked.
 
"That was simply amazing." Chaeyoung blushed.
 
"Kamsahmnida." The two looked away shyly, feeling the awkward tension build. JongDae cleared his throat and ruffled his hair, while Chaeyoung squirmed in her seat and looked at her watch. Sighing, she gathered her stuff and slung her bag over her shoulder.
 
"Mianhe, I have to go now." JongDae looked up and nodded, standing up.
 
"Neh, me too. It's getting late, I should get going before umma worries." He chuckled lightly. She smiled.
 
"I'll see you tomorrow, neh?" He nodded, smiling back.
 
"Neh. Tomorrow."
 
"Goodnight oppa."
 
"Goodnight Chaeyoung-ah."
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
For the next following weeks, it would be the same thing over and over again. JongDae would be in the music room practicing his song solely for her, perfecting each and every note until he felt satisfied. Chaeyoung would show up an hour later and play a song for him, captivating him with the sweet sounds of the piano.
 
Each time they met, JongDae fell for her more and more. One day he finally decided it was time. It didn't matter if he were ready to sing for her or not, he had to confess. Something in his heart told him he had to do it before he lost the opportunity.
 
Chaeyoung walked into the classroom and greeted JongDae, and like always, they sat next to each other in front of the piano. But before she lay a hand on the keys, JongDae grabbed her wrist, earning a surprised gasp from Chaeyoung. Before he could embarrass himself, he looked away, hiding his tinted cheeks, and cleared his throat.
 
"I like you Chaeyoung." He could feel his face heat up and turn as red as a tomato. 
 
It was silent between them. JongDae dared not to look at her, fearing her reaction. He felt like an idiot for being straight up and not giving himself time before telling her how he felt. He could feel the awkward tension and only wished he could run away and hide in shame.
 
Chaeyoung giggled, causing JongDae to look up at her shyly. She cleared .
 
"I like you too oppa." She smiled shyly. He grinned and slid his hand into hers, interlacing their fingers. She leaned forward and kissed his cheek which caused both of them to blush.
 
"Can I play you a song?" She asked. He nodded.
 
"Neh." She slowly unlatched their fingers and placed both her hands gently on top of the white piano keys. Taking deep breaths and correcting her posture, the quiet room was suddenly filled with the soft, melodious sounds of the piano. JongDae only looked at her in awe, wishing he could show off his talent to her as well. If only he practiced more he'd have the confidence to show off his vocal skills. But he knew he'd be able to now that she was his. He'd be able to show her what his passion was, tell her his number one dream.
 
One day, she'd finally be able to listen to his song he had been waiting to sing for her. One day. He was sure of it.
 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I won't post the second part till you guys comment so if you want the second part, then do it.
 
-lilxninjaa