What is happening between us?

I'm here
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seventeen TV just finished. It’s Wednesday, which means that all of them were tired from school and practising, so they headed straight to the dorm. They washed and changes into their pyjamas.

Mingyu walked out of the bathroom with a towel around his neck and sat next to Wonwoo, who was sitting there looking at the floor.

“Hyung”

“Hmm?”

“Can I sleep with you today?”

“Sure”

“Where are you going to sleep? Here?”

“Yes, here”

“Ok” Mingyu climbed onto the bed and lied down on his side, facing Wonwoo’s back. “Hyung, lie down, come on...” Wonwoo obeyed and lied down next to Mingyu. The later wrapped his arms around the older’s body and brought him closer.

“I like hugging you... and you smell really good”

“I just showered, that’s why”

“I know”

“You smell really good, too” Wonwoo wrapped his arms around Mingyu as well.

“I don’t care if you sleep together, JiJi it’s still the best couple!” Jisoo said passing by the bedroom where the two boys were.

Wonwoo moved his head a bit so he could see the door his back was facing and laughed when he saw Jisoo standing there, looking at them.

“Of course not, we’re the best couple” Mingyu said and hugged Wonwoo even tighter.

“Mingyu-yah” Seungcheol said and he entered the room “Sleep with me today.”

“Do you mind if I go with him today?” Mingyu said looking at Wonwoo while he pulled away his grip slowly.

“No, it’s ok, go”

“Ok, thanks hyung”

“No problem”

Mingyu went down from the bed and walked to where Seungcheol was sleeping that day. Wonwoo sighed and looked up, the he felt a weight next to him and looked over to check who it was. Chan.

“What’s up, hyung?” the boy said noticing his sad aura.

“It’s nothing, I’m just tired”

“Sure?”

“Yeah” he nodded and went down from the bed to the kitchen, to get some water. As he walked towards the kitchen he spotted Mingyu and Seungcheol lying down on the same bed as they talked and laughed.

He finally reached the kitchen and Soonyoung was there as well. “Hey, man, what’s up with that face?”

“What face?” Wonwoo asked as he reached for a glass.

“You look all sad and pouty”

“I’m just tired” he poured water into the glass and started drinking. 

“Well then sleep well today, you really need it” Soonyoung said and patted his before heading out of the kitchen to bed.

When Wonwoo was about to finish his glass of water Mingyu entered the kitchen, and he noticed the boy there. He smiled and reached for a glass as well. Wonwoo finished his glass of water quickly to avoid the boy, but that didn’t help at all, since Mingyu grabbed him by the arm.

“You’re not angry, right?” Mingyu asked with sad eyes.

“I’m not” he said coldly and got rid of Mingyu’s grip to walk away.

“You are”

“Good night” Wonwoo said and walked to his bedroom again. He climbed up the bed again and Chan wasn’t there anymore. He layed down and turned around facing the wall.

After a few minutes he felt how his back side of the mattress sank and he knew someone layed next to him, but he supposed it was Chan, and he’d probably not bother him, supposing he was asleep already, but it surprised him when that person wrapped his arms around Wonwoo’s waist and pressed his body against Wonwoo’s.

“What are you doing here?” Wonwoo asked trying to get rid of Mingyu’s grip again.

“I’m sleeping here”

“No, you’re not” he said “I don’t want you to come to sleep here just because you feel bad, go with Seungcheol hyung”

“I’m not sleeping here because I feel bad”

“I’m serious, go with Seungcheol, I don’t want you to be here, he’ll get angry”

“I don’t care if he gets angry”

“Mingyu-yah” Seungcheol called the boy “What are you doing up there?”

“Mind if I sleep together with Wonwoo?”

“But-”

“Sorry hyung” Mingyu said and looked at Wonwoo’s profile. Seungcheol mumbled an ok before going back to his bed and Wonwoo smiled to himself.

“I’m your hyung, you should call me Wonwoo hyung” Wonwoo said and Mingyu rested his chin on Wonwoo’s shoulder.

“I’m sorry, I won’t do it again” Mingyu kissed his check and Wonwoo glared at him.

“That was gross, Mingyu” Wonwoo said but Mingyu just laughed.

 

The Seventeen members were now gathered in the practice room, resting after an intense dancing session. Since that night Mingyu ignored Wonwoo quite a lot. Seems like Seungcheol didn’t quite like what Mingyu was doing to him and he wanted more attention from the boy, so he finally persuaded the younger boy to share bed every night, making both males closer.

At the same time Wonwoo noticed that and of course he didn’t like it. He was starting to get mad at Mingyu and at the same time sad. He really liked the boy, he loved him, he hated when someone else hugged him or even when he didn’t notice him. He was the happiest when Mingyu would laugh at his jokes or when they boy sat next to him, but these past weeks have been like hell; Mingyu was always far from him, like he made sure not to go neat Wonwoo and that made him feel bad, really bad.

When they finished the dance session Wonwoo headed to the small room, were he usually went to think a bit. Soonyoung noticed Wonwoo and followed him.

“What’s wrong, Wonwoo?” Soonyoung asked his friend worried.

“It’s nothing” Wonwoo said as he sat on a chair, Soonyoung did the same.

“Come on, you think I don’t notice your mood?” Soonyoung said.

“I don’t want to talk about it” Wonwoo looked down.

“There’s no cameras recording us, you can talk, you need to talk about this, Wonwoo, I can’t practise well if I know there’s someone feeling like this, ok? I like it when all of us are happy and good with each other and I feel like there’s something wrong” he said looking at his friend with a concerned look.

“Oh god, there is something wrong” Wonwoo said with a dry laugh.

“What is it? Tell me...”

“He always has to have whatever he wants, just because he’s the older... I don’t care what he does or says or whatever, but I just want one thing he has, well I want someone... but as always he’s the older so we can’t say anything about it” Wonwoo said already feeling the tears reaching his eyes.

“Are you talking about Seungcheol hyung?” Soonyoung asked and Wonwoo nodded “But... who is the other one? Is it one of the members? A girl?”

“It’s... one of the members” Wonwoo said in a quiet voice.

“Hmm... Who is it?” Soonyoung said, when Wonwoo was about to speak the door opened revealing Mingyu’s head.

“Soonyoung hyung, we need help with the dance” he said and Wonwoo stood up, he opened the door wide and went out of the room as he sniffed. Soonyoung then realised what was happening.

“Sure, let’s go” Soonyoung said and followed Mingyu to the grey practice room. Apparently Wonwoo went to the green room.

Wonwoo entered the green room and sat next to the huge mirrors, of course the member’s noticed he wasn’t fine. Samuel ran to his hyung and hugged him.

“What’s wrong, hyung? Why are you crying?” he said and Wonwoo sobbed as he hugged Samuel back.

“It’s nothing...” he said.

Eventually the members tried to cheer him up and asked him what was wrong, he just told them he talked with Soonyoung and they talked about family, he said he missed his family and they seemed to believe him. So he just stayed there, still crying but not because of his family.

Then again he decided to go back to the small room, hoping there wasn’t anyone, and he was lucky. He still had to go to the grey room to get to the small one, but the boys there didn’t seem to notice him with the exception of Soonyoung.

A few minutes later Seungcheol entered the room where Wonwoo was and sat next to him. He patted his back affectionately.

“Come on, Wonwoo, cheer up, it’s ok” he said and Wonwoo looked at him with regret. There was a moment when he thought he hated him, but how could he? He was a really good hyung, it’s obvious why Mingyu liked him so much.

“Yeah...” Wonwoo said “Thanks, hyung”

They talked about other stuff, Seungcheol wanted Wonwoo to forget the reason why he was crying before, so he tried to talk about a lot of things. After a while Seungcheol had to go help Samuel and Chan for a choreography, leaving Wonwoo alone again. Again the door opened, and again it was Mingyu. The boy seemed surprised to only find Wonwoo there so he doubted before talking.

“Uh... have you seen Seungcheol hyung?” he asked. Oh, of course he’d look for him, Wonwoo thought.

“He just left a while ago” Wonwoo said

“Ok” he said and came into the small room. Wonwoo looked at him surprised but Mingyu didn’t seem to notice.

“I thought you were asking for Seungcheol hyung” Wonwoo said a bit angry.

“Hmm, actually no” the other said.

“Ok” he said and took out his earphones and plugged them on his phone.

“Are you angry?” Mingyu asked but Wonwoo stayed silent “Are you?”

“Yes” Wonwoo said.

“I’m sorry”

“Why?”

“I... I ignored you these past weeks, and I’m really sorry, I just... I don’t even know why I did that”

“Just... leave me alone, will you?” Wonwoo said and stood up to leave the room but, of course, Mingyu stopped him.

“No” he said “I won’t leave you alone, I can’t”

“Of course you can, just keep doing what you’ve been doing these few weeks” Wonwoo said and finally got out of the room and decided to practice some dance to forget what just happened.

That Saturday the guys had broadcast, of course Wonwoo couldn’t be like that to Mingyu in front of the camera, but he still acted as if he wasn’t there. He wanted to forget about him, even though it was pretty difficult; he lived with him, but he tried his best.

Mingyu also tried to make Wonwoo feel better, he approached him and talked to him, he showed him what he did but the older wouldn’t notice him and it was killing him. Of course Wonwoo was his friend, he was a really good friend and he could almost call him his best friend, they shared a lot of things in the past, but now all those memories were for nothing.

He missed Wonwoo and he found himself helpless. He couldn’t do anything. But he had a lot of friends apart from Wonwoo, why would it affect him so much? During the streaming on Saturday Wonwoo finally looked at him, even though he knew it was because of the cameras, he couldn’t let their viewers notice anything. Of course.

Once the broadcast finished the boys headed to their dorm, all of them went to the shower one by one. Mingyu already showered and Wonwoo was currently on the shower. The younger was sitting on the bed checking his phone, and which surprised him even more, he was alone in that bedroom, which was strange since there were a lot of beds there. But he just shrugged off that thought, it didn’t really bother him.

Finally Wonwoo came out of the shower with his wet hair. He was already wearing his pyjamas and had a towel around his neck as he dried his damp hair. He entered the room where Mingyu was, and when he noticed the boy was there he turned around to exit the bedroom. But Mingyu was faster, his long legs were really good for this stuff.

He closed the door of the bedroom and put himself on the way so Wonwoo couldn’t open it again. Mingyu could swear he saw Seokmin about to enter the room and complain when Mingyu closed it on his face. Sorry Seokmin, he thought.

Wonwoo stayed there, in front of Mingyu not looking at him of course, waiting till the boy would get tired and let him out, but he was wrong.

“If you think I’ll move from here, you’re wrong, I can stay the whole night like this” Mingyu said looking directly to Wonwoo, but the older didn’t look back. Damn, Wonwoo thought.

“Mingyu, I need to take my-” Seokmin said from outside the room.

“Seokminnie, I’ll lend you mine, come on” they heard Soonyoung say.

“So, are you going to talk to me?” Mingyu said crossing his arms in front of his chest, but Wonwoo just kept drying his hair with his towel. Mingyu took that towel and threw it to a bed “Your hair is already dry”

Wonwoo didn’t say a word.

“Look at me, please” Mingyu said but Wonwoo didn’t move “Ok, I’m sick and tired of this”

Mingyu slammed Wonwoo’s back against the door, not hurting him obviously, and put his hands to each side of his head, and this time Wonwoo had no other choice but look at him.

“You? Sick and tired?” Wonwoo said “Don’t make me laugh”

“Yes, me. You keep ignoring me, you don’t talk to me, you don’t even look at me” Mingyu said.

“Payback is a ” Wonwoo said.

“Mingyu,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter