Part 2

Love on Air

"Hurry up!" your friend was just dragging you because you walk too slow. You're now in a cab and on the way to the welcoming party of the son of your boss.

 

"Why are we in such a hurry?" you asked while fixing your make up. You weren't able to finish putting your lipstick on because she was so excited.

 

"I told you i really want to see him.. We'd better be fast, there are lots of pretty pretty girls in that party, for sure. I want to stand out" she sounded determined.

 

You wonder why she have to try so hard, she's gorgeous and stunning, she will definitely be noticed in that party..

 

"Im quite nervous" you said and then you inhaled and exhaled for a few time.

 

"Shh. Don't worry. Its okay" she tapped your back.You smiled and just breathe, it really made you feel better.

 

"We're here" she said as she took some money from her wallet. She excitedly went out of the car and grabbed your hand.

 

"Aw! Don't grab me, i can walk, okay?" you said while rubbing your wrist.

 

"Fine, just hurry up.. I think we're late.. Ughh" she growled in frustration.

 

Its just the right time when you arrived there, the party was just starting. Everyone's excited and happy about it. All eyes on the stage as your boss make an introduction..

 

"Everyone, im happy to welcome my son back.. Yixing!" everyone applauded and made a standing ovation.. You of course stood up and clapped your hands. Meanwhile your friend, she was in front, clapping her hands while smiling through Yixing's direction.

 

"Thank you, thank you everyone for coming.." he said, acknowledging all the guests.. He started telling everyone how he did in US. Its kind of boring so you just called a waiter and asked him to bring you a glass of water.

 

"Oh my god! Did you see that!?" your friend came to you when Yixing finished his speech.

 

"See what?" you said while taking a sip of the wine the waiter gave. Well, you asked for a glass of water but he gave you wine, instead.

 

"Yixing! He looks amazing! He's handsome! He's smart! He's perfect! Oh my god! I think im falling for him already!" she spazzed out. Totally head over heels with Yixing.

 

"Shhh! Don't shout.. The people are already staring, can you see?" you told her and smiled at the people looking.

 

"I dont care! Did you see him? Oh my god i cant let this night go without talking to him!" she stood up and went to where Yixing was.

 

The party started, everyone was like so busy talking to each other and you're there in the center, sitting alone with the glass of wine the waiter gave you. You got uncomfortable so you stepped aside.

 

"Aw" you heard someone from behind say. You also felt like you stepped onto something. When you turned around you saw him. Him as in the son of your boss, Yixing.

 

"Oh my god! Im very sorry!" you gasped and apologized to him, bowing 90 degrees,

 

"No, no. Its okay" he smiled at you.

 

You didn't have anything to say so you just smiled back and stepped backwards a bit.. You were very surprised when he talked to you.

 

"Hmm, you're not a familiar face" he said. You got embarrassed, maybe he thinks you're a gate crasher.

 

"Yeah, well.. I'm.. Im working at KBS radio station managed by your father, actually" you said in a shy manner..

 

"Oh? Really! Thats great.. Im Yixing, by the way" he held his hand out.

 

"Eunjae" you said and shook you hands with him and smiled. His hands were so soft you almost didn't let go of it.

 

"So.. What are you alone?" he asked.

 

"No, im with a friend.. Im looking for her actually but.. There are lots of people so i think i lost her" you said slightly scratching head.

 

"Oh.. She's just out there somewhere.. Im sure you'll find her.. So, i'll talk to you later then" he said and went off talking to some of their relatives..

 

Everyone's enjoying the drinks, while you still alone in the corner. You decided to take a walk around the house. It is a pretty big house for a radio station manager, maybe his family is very rich even before. You sat down near the pool and soaked both of your foot in the water.

 

"Ah, this is good" you said while playing with the water. Its already getting late and you're bored than ever. "I knew i shouldn't have come" you said pouting. Its better to sleep and write something for the show than go to a party you dont really enjoy, you thought.

 

You got sick of playing with the water, you stood up and put your shoes back on and looked for your friend. You tried and tried to find her but you cant see her because of all the people.

 

"Still looking for someone?" you heard a somehow familiar voice.

 

"Oh, its you again.." you smiled, its Yixing again.

 

"Yeah, its getting a bit boring here, do you want to step outside for a bit?" he asked. Your eyes widened but you agreed.

 

You were both walking silently when he decided to break the silence.

 

"Eunjae, right?" he asked. You just nodded. "Yixing, right?" you threw it back to him.

 

"Yeah, but you can call me Lay" he smiled at you showing his fathomless dimple.

 

"Why Lay?" you asked with curiousity.

 

"My friends from US started calling me Lay because they cant really pronounce Yixing properly" he said.

 

You thought that there might be a story behind his name, but no. That was just it, just because its hard to pronounce. You kinda laughed about it.

 

"Oh.. Cool" you said. It was a very awkward moment for you because, you don't even know him and you're not close to him yet he's talking to you like you're both friends.

 

"But i prefer to be called as Yixing though.." he added. He's a chinese born and raised in Korea.

 

"Then i shall call you Yixing" you smiled. You're not a good conversation starter even though you're a radio DJ. Its really hard to start a conversation with someone you just met.

 

"I guess we should go back now.. My friend might be looking for me.." you said.

 

"And its quite late.. Lets go back then" you both turned around but when you stepped one more time, you tripped over a small rock. You fell flat on the ground with your ankle sprained.

 

"Are you alright?" he rushed to your side and helped you stand up. Your ankle was hurting so much but you still managed to stand up. "Can you walk?" his voice seem so worried.

 

Who wouldn't break an ankle if you're wearing a 5 inches pumps. He helped you walk and made you sit in a near bench. "Does it hurt a lot?" he can see your pain because you were crying already.

 

To be honest, you didnt cry because it hurts, you cried because you were so embarrassed that you cant show your face to him.

 

"Its okay.. Im fine, im just..embarrassed.." you bowed your head and wiped your tears.. "Why do i have to trip?" you asked yourself. You were very mad at you.

 

"No, i don't think you're fine.. Let me take you home and lets put a cold compress on that.." he knelt in front of you and removed your sandals.

 

"Is it okay if i.." he asked if its okay to carry you using hand gestures. You didn't want it to be awkward so you suggested that he should just piggyback ride you. He of couse agreed with it and took you home immediately.

 

"Feeling better now?" he asked while pressing some ice pack on your swelling ankle. "Yeah, thanks.. I should.. I should go now" you said while trying to stand up..

 

"No.. No, just stay. You can sleep here in my room just for tonight.. Wait until that gets better" You were shocked when he said you can sleep in your room so were a bit confused.

 

"I mean, you can sleep in my room and i'll sleep in the guest room just for tonight.. I'll ask my mom to give you some of my sister's clothes" he said leaving the ice pack in your hands.

 

"I should really go.. Im okay.. Don't worry" you insisted of going home but he said "Its okay, just stay for tonight and i'll take you to your house tomorrow. Just rest, have a good night sleep" he said and left.

 

You didn't bothered going home because your ankle is really aching. You just lied down the bed and closed your eyes, hoping that tomorrow, you still have a face to show him.

----------------------

First male character, revealed c:

Sorry, this is all i can give right now.. :/

Im not good at starting a fanfics, im good [?] at finishing it T^T

Please leave some feedbacks. I'll accept and appreciate anything you say.

 

Thank you so much for reading c:

 

XOXO