Chapter 3

Blind Love

 

Taemin and Kibum became regular customers soon enough, and now they hang out with each other almost every day near the closing time at Minho's cafe. He didn't mind, actually looking forward to spending time with the two pretty boys. One time though, his waiter stayed back to clean up and he didn't noticed, and  the guy pretty much saw everything. The result was embarrassing.
 
"Hmmmm? Minho? Are you daydreaming about that boy again?" Jonghyun chirped, poking his cheek when he zoned out at the counter. There wasn't many customers, as it was a week day and pretty much everyone left after their morning coffee.
 
Minho growled and squatted his hand away and buried his face in his arms. Jonghyun only laughed.
 
"Ooooh yes you are!!!" he cooed. "You are thinking about that boy! Oooooooh Minho are you in loooooooove? Yes you are~ Minho is- ack!"
 
He grabbed Jonhyun's throat and throttle him. "I. Am. Not!!! I just find him pretty and I like spending time with him!!!"
 
"That's pretty much love."
 
"It's not!!! It's just friendship!!!"
 
Jonhyun escaped from his grasp and laughed evilly. "It'll be soooooon~~~ Remember! Love is friendship set on the fire!!!"
 
Twitching, Minho grabbed him and started strangling him again, and Jonghyun grabbed a fly swatter and smacked him with it. Then Jinki came out of the kitchen and stared at the two.
 
"I really don't understand you guys," he sighed. "Shouldn't you two be mature men working together? And Minho. You're his manager."
 
"I'M SMEARING FLIES' REMAINS ALL OVER HIM!!!" Jonghyun shrieked, slapping Minho with the fly swatter. Minho grabbed him and smacked him, and Jinki pulled them apart. And accidentally using too much force.
 
The both of them lost their balance and fell down on their .
 
"What the hell Jinki!!!" Minho snapped, rubbing his sore . Jonghyun did the same thing, and glared at Jinki.
 
"Sorry!" he said sheepishly. "But you two shouldn't have started fighting in the first place! You deserved it."
 
"He started first!!!" Minho pointed an accusing finger at Jonghyun, who made a dramatic and exaggerated shocked face. Then he mock cried.
 
"I-I was just asking about his love interest-"
 
"I. AM. NOT. IN. LOVE. WITH. HIM!!!" 
 
"And he started to strangle me! My only weapon was the fly swatter, and I had to use self-defense!!!"
 
Jinki sighed, and Minho glared at his waiter. They were good friends, and beating each other up was a usual thing.
 
"Wait, Minho have a love interest?" Jinki piqued up. 
 
"I DON'T!!!"
 
"Yep. There's a guy that comes here everyday after school and they are so lovey dovey with each other."
 
"Who is it? Who is it?"
 
"YAH!!!"
 
"It's this really adorable boy that comes here every day near the closing time! They would talk and talk and Minho would stare at him all the time!"
 
Minho twitched and grabbed Jonghyun, strangling him again, and Jinki had to pull them apart, and whispered into their ears.
 
"The customers watching. Get back to work."
__________________________
 
Today Minho didn't see the two pretty boys, and it made him felt a little disappointed. Jonghyun and Jinki was there too, wanting to see the boy they believe their boss to be in love with. 
 
"Aw, poor Minho-hyung... Your date ditched you," Jonghyun teased, only to be glared at. 
 
Sighing, Minho cleaned up the cafe and flipped the 'open' sign over, so that it said 'closed'. Jinki came over and patted his back, smiling kindly at him.
 
"I'm sure he'll come back to you," he said with a wink. Minho twitched. "You're a good person, Minho, and I'm sure you'll be a great boyfriend!"
 
Minho growled and stormed out of the cafe, but if anyone looked hard enough, they would notice a faint blush on his face.
__________________________
 
"We told you to stop spending time with him, did we not?" 
 
Taemin cringed, tilting his head away from his parents. Why would they care?
 
His parents had came to school that day after work and took him home, not after screaming at Kibum to stay away from him. Taemin hated it,  how they were so controlling and horrible. Originally, they had cared about Taesun more, constantly fussing over him because he was perfect and smart and not blind, but then Taesun got into a relationship with a pregnant girl against their parents' will, and ran away. Since then they fussed over Taemin, but instead of being sweet and caring and slightly demanding and overprotective, they were controlling and they constantly nagged and scolded him. Like he was not good enough for them. He was never good enough.
 
"Yah! Are you listening? How many times had we told you? Stop hanging around with that disgusting... thing!!! You'll become like him!!!"
 
"I'm already gay. And Kibum-hyung is not a 'thing'," Taemin croaked, tears stinging his blind eyes. Why couldn't he be free and love whoever he wants? "What are you gonna do now? Kick me out like how you did with Taesun-hyung?"
 
The next thing he knew, his cheek was burning and bright red, and his father was grabbing his shirt collar, shaking him. "Listen to me, Lee Taemin. You WILL marry a proper woman. And you WILL give us children and continue the family's business. Don't you dare say these nonsense again, you hear me?"
 
Hot tears were rolling down his cheeks now, over the bright red hand print. "I will only marry the one I love, father, and he is not a woman."