Chapter 1

Blind Love

 

The first thing Minho noticed when Taemin walked into his cafe, like everyone else, was the long white cane that tapped rhythmically in front of him. And the second thing Minho noticed was Taemin's beauty.
 
He was drop-dead gorgeous.
 
Minho was so distracted by his beauty that he totally forgot the whole blindness thing, and pretty much everything else. His gaze was fixed on him, watching him intensely as he walked in. Then someone slammed a freaking dictionary on the counter, hitting his fingers, and breaking him out of his trance.
 
"What the..." Minho pulled his hand away, looking at another pretty boy, now known as Kim Kibum, who looked extremely pissed off.
 
"Why...?" he hissed, glaring daggers at Minho, who just noticed how uncomfortable Taemin looked. "Have you never seen a blind person before that you have to stare so hard?"
 
"Wha..."
 
"Is this how you treat a customer? Well then we are leaving, Taeminnie!!!" Then Kibum proceed to lead a still uncomfortable Taemin towards the door. Now that he was actually paying attention, he realized that a lot of people were staring, whispering insensitive words and looking as if Taemin was some sort of infection. As if they would become blind too if they stay too near. 'People can be so stupid sometimes...' he thought, suddenly feeling protective. Oh wait, the two of them were leaving!
 
"Wait!!!" Minho called out, jumping over the counter and running after the two pretty boys, making people "oooh" and "aaaah". 
 
"What?" Kibum turned around and sneered venomously. 
 
"Uh... Um well you misunderstood..."
 
He laughed mockingly, then glared at Minho again. "Then what exactly were you doing?"
 
"I uh..." Just tell the truth, even though it's embarrassing!!! "I was checking him out!!! He just looked s-so... pretty..." Minho stared at Taemin again, who blushed shyly and took a small step back, as if hiding behind Kibum. How cute.
 
Kibum looked shocked, but then it wore off quickly and he smirked. "That's a first." Then he tugged Taemin gently, leading him away again. And this time, Minho just stood there and watched.
 
________________________:D
 
"Why did we leave?" Taemin asked innocently, making Kibum mentally squealed because of the cuteness.
 
"Uh well, didn't you want to leave?" 
 
"N-no... Not really..." Taemin flushed a bright red. "He didn't seems like a bad person... That guy..."
 
Kibum laughed. "He just compliments you a little and you are already like this? Aigoo..." Then he pinched Taemin's cheek lightly. "So naive, Taebaby..."
 
"Yaa..." Taemin huffed, pouting. But he really did felt some sort of connection that sparked between them, when the cafe owner spoke. His smooth, deep velvety voice, sounding so sincere...
 
"Taemin-ah... I know you don't have any friends other than me, and you are kind of desperate for more love and attention," Kibum said softly, watching his little Taeminie's face dropped as he turned away sadly. "But you can't trust people so easily, or something might happen like the last time. I don't want you to get hurt anymore..."
 
Taemin bit his lips. "I know... I just want to try and make friends..." And he did remembered how he was so stupid that time to trust a bunch of idiotic kids to lead him home. He should have expected it, when they left him in pretty much the middle of nowhere and he had to fumble his way home on his own. He just hoped that maybe... just maybe... they were what they sounded like when they talked to him the first time. So nice and sweet, how could they be so wicked in the inside?
 
And it didn't help how his parents didn't care one bit.
 
Then Kibum's arms wrapped around him in a comforting hug. "If you really want to, we can go back to the cafe and you can try talking to that weird frog-face tomorrow after school, okay?" Kibum hoped that this little promise could cheer Taemin up a little. And maybe a few bottles of banana milk later on. Besides, it wouldn't hurt to just talk to the guy for a couple of minutes would it? 
 
As expected, Taemin grinned a little and hugged him back. "Thanks. You're the best, Key-umma!" 
 
Kibum smiled at the nickname, and he was going to say something else but some kids from across the street interrupted him. "FAGS!!! WHY DON'T YOU TWO JUST DIE?!! HAHAHA WE DON'T NEED YOU IN-"
 
He covered Taemin's innocent ears and shouted. 
 
"YAA!!! OFF OR I'M GONNA SMASH YOUR FACE RIGHT NOW WITH MY DICTIONARY!!!" 
 
They scampered off, looking at the thick hard-covered Korean-English dictionary fearfully. Taemin giggled.
 
"You know I could hear you right?"
 
Kibum huffed. "Just pretend you didn't."