Chapter 2

Love Rain

*K, I will say this again. INFINITE's members are all studying 4 years programs in their university. Sunggyu (Music) and Dongwoo (Animal Care) are junior in their third year. Woohyun (Business), Hoya (Laws), Sungyeol (Sciences) and Myungsoo (Mathematics) are sophomore in their second year. Lastly, Sungjong (Fashion) is in his first year and is a freshman!

 

“I have recently been called antisocial, and I'd like to set the record straight. I am not antisocial, I like social. It's people I don't like!” 
― Greg Curtis

 

 

February 10, 2011:

'Hey Yeol, you are number 1 on the monthly Average Ranking of the whole university again!' Myungsoo grinned as he swung his arm over my shoulders. 'This made it five times in a roll just this year alone, isn't it?'

I smiled as Myungsoo continued to cling to me like a koala, an extra cuddly, over sized koala, 'You are not bad yourself. You topped the Mathematics Department's Ranking, didn't you?'

'Well, what can I say? I am a math wizard!'

'Sure you are,” I struggled to get to the lecture hall with Myungsoo hanging off from my back like a rag doll.

'Anyway, I just topped the Mathematics Department! You topped all the students in every departments in this whole university! Even the seniors! Don't you think we need to go somewhere with the guys to celebrate this accomplishment?' Myungsoo placed his chin on my shoulder and looked at me suggestively.

'Those seniors had their courses in higher levels than mine. Of course it is easier for me to get a higher average.' I explained, ignoring his suggestion of a night out with our friends.

'You are just too modest. I heard you even made the record of the highest average for a sophomore in this university since 1996!' He then turned his head to stare at me accusingly, 'And did you just ignored my suggestion of a night out partying?'

'Yes, Myungsoo. Yes, I did,' I confirmed without looking at him. 'You know your puppy eyes never had and never will have any effect on me right?'

'But Sungyeollie~~~ ' Myungsoo whined from my shoulders.

'No but. A no is a no,' I refused while wondering why was the route to our lecture hall seemed much longer than usual.

'Maybe it was because I had to deal with the extra unnecessary weight of this whiny, heavy and annoying jerk on my shoulders,' I thought to myself as I turned to give a judging side glare to Myungsoo, the annoying jerk-face jerk, who appeared to be thinking hard over something with his eyebrows scrunched together. Apparently, Myungsoo found what he has been looking for as his expression brightened up.

'However Sungyeollie~~~ You have to go! It will be fun!' Myungsoo looked extremely pleased at himself for being able to find a different word to use other than 'but'.

'Don't even try to be a smart on me Myung,' I rolled my eyes at his attempt to follow my order of 'No but'. 'And again, a no is still a no.'

After what seemed like forever, we finally managed to reach the door of the lecture hall. I wriggled my shoulders, 'Myung, can you walk by yourself now? We are at the door already.'

'Thank you!' I sighed in relief as Myungsoo obediently released his vise grip on me while I entirely forgot about his request of a night out.

Unfortunately, Myungsoo himself didn't forget.

'Stop being a HERMIT!' I flinched slightly in surprise from his sudden outburst and froze in the middle of my step as everybody in the hallway stopped what they were doing to stare at us.

I took a deep breath to calm myself, then wordlessly turned around to grab Myungsoo by his ear and dragged him inside the still empty lecture hall.

'Don't you DARE yell at me, Kim Myungsoo.' I sternly reminded Myungsoo, who looked like he rather be burning his beloved plaid shirts than being next to me at this moment as he realized that I had used his full name.

'Please stop being a hermit?' Myungsoo questioned timidly as he looked down to his feet while pouting. The guy even had the nerve to wear his pitiful adorable-kicked-puppy-in-the-rain look.

I sighed defeatedly at the poor guy who was just trying to make me happy, 'Look Myung, I am not a hermit. I just don't like people.'

Myungsoo lost his interest on the floor as he looked up again, 'Then you are anti-social?'

'I am not anti-social. I get along fine with you guys, right?' I explained as I dragged him up the stairs to our usual spots at the end of the hall. 'I am just selectively social.'

 

 

* Yay, chapter 2 is up! Please ask me if you guys don't get something~

I really love Myungsoo's character in this XD