Chapter 1

Love Rain

* I decided to update in smaller size since because of Eternity, I feel like I updated to much at once and it might be overwhelming..... Or maybe it might just be me over thinking.... Anyway, please comment and subcribe! Since I updated in smaller size, I will update more often! 

 

“Society is commonly too cheap. We meet at very short intervals, not having had time to acquire any new value for each other.We meet at meals three times a day, and give each other a new taste of that musty old cheese that we are. We have had to agree on a certain set of rules, called etiquette and politeness, to make this frequent meeting tolerable and that we need not come to open war. We meet at the post office, and at the sociable, and at the fireside every night; we live thick and are in each other's way, and stumble over one another, and I think that we thus lose some respect for one another.” 
 ― Henry David ThoreauWalden

 

 Growing up from an unhappy family with divorced parents consisted of an abusive father and a bitter mother, I promised myself to never fall in love. I learned it the hard way that in the reality we live in, true happy-ever-after love does not exist. There are no princes charming or faithful, beautiful princesses.

There are only us humans.

Untrustworthy, deceiving, selfish and cruel beings.

In a depressing but truthful nutshell, I had lost my hope in humanity. With my invisible fortress I put up to protect my self, I know for sure, I will never love.

Not in this life time. Never. Ever. Period. That is what I always proudly told myself....

 

But God wasn't fair.

He never was, never is... and never will be.

Because He made you walked in to my life, my completely peaceful, love-free life, on that rainy day...

On that same day, you gave me the hope for humanity that I, without thinking twice, threw aside since long ago...

 

It was not like I didn't know you. Everyone knew who you are. Even a hopelessly anti-social guy like myself did.

You were the star, the flower of this prestigious Seoul university. You were beautiful, smart and came from a rich, reputable business family. How can you be even more perfect? Oh right, the rumours said you were also nice and down-to-earth. Yes, I said rumours. I never tried to see your face, much less than trying to talk to you.

Did you expect a guy like me to come and get to know somebody who can be the candidate for the 'So You Think You Can Mess Lee Sungyeol's Life Up More Than It Already Is' contest? Uh.... No, not a chance.

I planned to stay invisible as the Lee-Sungyeol-guy-who-nobody-bothers-to-remember until I graduate. It was quite hard with my only group of friends being the six guys who is apparently hot to the extent of to-die-for according to the university's Hot Guys monthly ranking, but I managed.

That was how I wanted my 4 years in university to be like, as boring and unmemorable as it can possibly be. But remember? Somebody just had to disregard with what I want and messed it up.

This was when you come in...

 

* Just before I forget, INFINITE's members are all studying 4 years programs in their university. Sunggyu (Music) and Dongwoo (Animal Care) are junior in their third year. Woohyun (Business), Hoya (Laws), Sungyeol (Sciences) and Myungsoo (Mathematics) are sophomore in their second year. Lastly, Sungjong (Fashion) is in his first year and is a freshman! This will make it easier for you to understand the story in the next chapter!