prologue

Brother like You

»Jay! « I called out my best friend. He turned around and a bright smile spread across his face. »Aye Ma! You made it! «

He opened his arms and I wrapped my arms around his waist, giving him a tight hug. »Of course I made it! You know I never miss your fight! «

“That’s true, you’re my number one fan Ma.” He pecked my cheek and I chuckled, slapping his arm playfully.

“Eh? What was that? You think you can beat me? Huh? Huh?” He hoisted me up and threw me over his shoulder spinning around. “Oh god Jay stoooop! Let me down, you !” I said while laughing and hitting his back.

“I mean could you two just get a room?!” Gonzo walked in.

Jay stopped spinning and let me down, his arm still firmly wrapped around my waist.

“You’re just jealous cause my best friend is hotter than yours!” Jay said and I just rolled my eyes. “Ohh that’s true! You really are one ugly muthaer!” Gonzo said and I burst out into laughter. Jay’s face was just priceless.

“Yea yea! Whatever biatch! Get out now, I need to warm up and get in the mood!” Jay said and I gave him one last tight hug and pecked his cheek.

“Get em!” I said and we bumped fists. “You already kno I will… see ya out there Ma!” he said and I nodded, giving him a smile.

I walked to the doors and waited for Gonzo.

They did their handshake and half hugged. “Knock em out!” Gonzo said and tapped him on the back. Jay nodded and for a split second I could see the fear in his eyes, but that was replaced by his cockiness.

I knew very well that Jay was scared on the inside. He usually never showed his feelings and just covered them up with his ‘douche’ attitude.

But I knew him, I knew that under that mask he was very caring and loving.

“Aight Ma, ready to go?!” Gonzo said and wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

“Yo! Only I can call her Ma! Don’t call her Ma!” Jay shouted behind us.

I chuckled and Gonzo just threw his arm back, showing him his middle finger. “See ya later !” He shouted back and I chuckled.

We left Jay to get ready.