Final

Birthday Wish

Mingi spent a night to decorate the rooftop for her best friend, Dongjin's birthday. There were some colorful balloons hanging by every edge of the wall and long ribbons decorated prettily. There was a candle on the round table with two chairs placed neatly.

 

 

"So everthing is done," she sighed, relieved. She did a last checked before calling Dongjin. She waited patiently as the phone beep.

 

 

"Hello?" Dongjin's voice singing through the line. Even his calm voice could make shivers ran down her spine.

 

 

To be really extra amazingly too honest, she had liked him since the first time Dongjin stepped in the school which was grade one. Every time they were in the same class, she would always try to attracted his attention and he hated it.

 

 

But something made him changed his mind and slowly started to grow feelings towards her too. They had been best friends for five years and neither of them knew about each other's real feelings. So, both of them decided to confessed to each other today.

 

 

"Hello," she replied, trying to acted cool with her pink hot cheeks. "Are you coming?"

 

 

"I'm on my way," he stated. "Is there something wrong?" he asked.

 

 

"No but, please hurry up!" she begged him. She really couldn't wait for him to came there.

 

 

"Aww, you missed me that much?" he chuckled.

 

 

She rolled her eyes. "Just hurry up," she clicked the 'end' button before he could more.

 

 

A few minutes later, the door swung open with wide mouth Dongjin standing, suprised.

 

 

"You did this... for me?" he asked and quickly walked towards her, faking a tears.

 

 

"Psh, stop your fail acting and duh, yes," she replied sarcastically, hands on her shoulder and eyes looking at the sky.

 

 

He pulled her into a hug, tightly. "Thank you, best friend."

 

 

She then pushed him away harshly and dissapointed. She hated the word 'best friend'.

 

 

"Let's just continue the event," she walked towards the table, followed by Dongjin. She light up the candle carefully.

 

 

"Here. Make a wish and let's dig in!" she said happily, trying to forget about just now.

 

 

He closed his eyes and clasped his hands together. Then, he blowed down the candles and smiled sweetly at her. He took the plastic knife and cut the cake slowly.

 

 

"What did you wish for?" she asked curiously.

 

 

He leaned closer, "It's a secret," he said as she pushed him away. "But if you really want to know," he paused and she immediately nodded. "I wish that we're together not as best friends but more than that,"

 

 

He turned to her. "Will you be my girlfriend?"

 

 

"Ew, so cheesy," she wrinkled her nose playfully.

 

 

"I take that as a yes," he grinned cutely.