The Date?

You look good... [Jongin]
Please log in to read the full chapter

It wasn’t long ago that I had bumped into EXO’s y dancing machine Kai. He may seem tough and all but he is just a sweet kid; the second maknae. Anyways we met in a crowded aisle backstage and he was in deep pain at the time.

 

Kai had injured his waist from overstraining himself during rehearsal. I watched how the manager and others tried to talk him out of doing the performance; but he did it anyways. That was Kai the fighter, but then he turned around and walked in my direction. I  saw the pain in his eyes, but had forgotten I was staring at him.

 

“Are you going to try to convince me too?”

“Aniyo, you do what you have to, just don’t make it worse”

 

He didn’t say anything instead he looked at me with a blank face and walked to the stairs to get ready to perform. I watched after him for some reason, and when he got on stage all I could do was pray.

 

The performance was over and Kai came down the stairs in pain, he could walk but his waist was hurting badly. I watched from afar as Sehun placed his hand on kai’s waist and tried to help him backstage to the room. But Kai did not refuse this time and went humbly to the room with Sehun and the others.

```````````

 

“Risa, I need you to go with Kai to the hospital”

“What’s wrong? he isn’t passed out right”

“No, his waist is hurting and I need someone to go with him”

“Oh, okay, i’ll go”

 

I grabbed my backpack and slipped it onto my back following the manager to the room. Kai was sitting in the chair forcing laughter and smiles, but all of that stopped when I made eye contact with him.

 

“Kai, risa here is going to take you to the hospital to get a check-up”

“Oh, okay. just let me get my phone”

 

Kai stood up with help from Chanyeol and grabbed his phone, I reached my hand to him and he looked at me. Then put his arm around my shoulders; I was thankful I could balance his weight. I walked with support to Kai to my car and helped him in. Once in the car his manager saluted us and I drove Kai on his way to the hospital.

```````````

 

“What did you mean when you said Making it worst?”

“You have pain in your waist and that is a crucial place to function with. I just didn’t want you to tear anything”

“Oh...Thank You”

“For what?”

“Allowing me to make the decision for myself but still helping me in my stubbornness”

“Oh you're welcome Jongin”

 

Kai reached for the radio and winced in pain, but managed to press play. I looked straight ahead but half blushed when I realized he was looking at me and that their 1st album was playing.

 

“You are a fan?”

“Yup, since MAMA era”

“Wow, that is cool! so what brings you to Korea?”

“The love for KPOP and running away I guess”

“Running? from what”

“Painful memories, and trying to find myself”

“Oh, sorry I asked. What do you do?”

“It’s okay Jongin, and I am a illustrator, and photographer, and an artist of various sorts ha.”

“That sounds like so much fun”

“Hahah, it is and isn’t sometimes. I would like someone to share it with you know?”

“Yeah, that is why I am thankful for my brothers of exo. But when I choreograph I would like to have someone there too”

“Yeah”

 

We drove in silence and pulled into the parking lot. Walking into the hospital with Jongin linked around my neck was a little weird but in honesty quite interesting. The doctor called for Jongin and he grabbed my wrist lightly and tugged on it.

 

“Can you come with me?” he said with puppy eyes

“Oh, sure”

 

We walked to the office and they poked and prodded him, checking to see if his nerves function correctly. Jongin overstrained his waist injury and needed to take a rest but it wasn’t a long one. He was exhausted and muscle fatigued as well, so he was very close to tearing things. A prescription was given to him and heat braces too. The doctor told him to put the brace on but I ended up wrapping it around his bare waist. I signed off and got ready to call the manager but Kai stopped me.

 

“Please I will tell him when we get back”

“But``”

“Please?”

“Okay”

“Also Thank You for coming in with me. Hopefully I can take you out soon to make up for this”

Please log in to read the full chapter