네버 랜드 – Neverland

Hey Stranger

Kris wasn’t discrete when he stood up and the girls with the banner started shouting his name, waving and taking pictures. Kris closed his eyes. “Are you ing kidding me?” He muttered, opening his eyes again. Letting them swallow Tao’s for the last time.

Tao was frozen for a while. His eyes were being eaten from this guy. “Take me with you.” He whispered, ignoring the noisy sounds around him and only looking at Kris. He didn’t want to be left again. “I don’t want to be lonely anymore.” He whispered, ashamed of his own true words.

A deep sigh came out of Kris mouth. But he nodded. “Me neither.” He said and placed one of his hands comfortable on Tao’s shoulder.

 Kris mood was getting better and better and it was all because of this kid. He felt comfortable with him. Maybe it was because they were around the same age? Kris looked at Tao again, with curious eyes, trying to figure out the correct date.

~

We escaped into Neverland. Not really, but a calmer place with less people, the men’s room. Tao thought while looking at himself in the mirror. Why am I so ugly? He just couldn’t be confident anymore. Not after all these years.

“Are you done yet?” Kris looked at Tao, whose eyes never leaved the mirror. Why was he so fixed? Kris shook his head. The prince syndrome was getting more and more common days after day. But Tao didn’t say a word, he just gazed at himself. Then Kris noticed the tears running down his cheeks.

Tao looked down, letting the tears fall. ”Why can’t I just forget?” He whispered to himself, feeling someone hugging him from behind. He looked at the mirror again. Kris was hugging him again. The guy who refused to reply to such a simple question as “What’s your name?”

“Don’t cry.” Kris whispered while hugging Tao tighter, realizing how skinny and small the kid felt in his arms. But it felt okay. Even though he was hugging a guy, it felt okay.

It felt okay, until someone opened the door. Until someone shouted at them.  

He disappeared just like that. Kris rushed after him, struggling with all the girls screaming around him. As he couldn’t find him, he sank down on the ground. “I’m an idiot.” He said to himself. Why am I trying to hold on to a guy I’ve known for hours only?

Tao stood in the boarding line when Kris laid his eyes on him again, bound him and made him shiver again. He wasn’t wearing sunglasses anymore. The shades were lying on the floor a few meters away.

Kris gazed at Tao while his heart was pumping and his breathing was getting louder. I can’t let you go, not yet the thought, still feeling dumb for chasing a stranger.

Tao froze again when Kris screamed his name. “Tao, Tao, don’t go.”  

Maybe this was Tao’s last chance to ever get a friend? He took a last look at Kris, before entering the plane.