A Childish Punishment

Mission Accomplished

Singapore, the last week of June 2013

 

It was late at night and the room was getting darker. The owners turned off several lights in purpose, remaining silhouette of their bodies the silhouette of two women on their own bed. They wrapped their bodies with the blanket. After today’s performance, they felt extremely tired, and tomorrow they have to go back to Korea. Suddenly, a phone is ringing loudly. The two women woke up immediately and with a lazy move they grabbed their own cell phones. The woman on the left bed said, “It’s yours”, with half-opened eyes, continued her sleep again.

Meanwhile, the other one was looking at the phone screen, with also half-opened eyes, she rejected the phone call, but the phone was ringing out loud again. “It’s noisy! Please accept the phone call”, the woman on the left bed whined, closing her ears and half of her face with a pillow. She then answered the phone call with a hoarse voice, “Yoboseyo?”

“Yah! Why did you reject my call?”, someone yelled at her on the phone. She’s surprised hearing the yelled voice, still half-awake she checked her phone screen, wondering who’s calling in the middle of the night.

“Who are you?”, she asked the person there, still her head laid upon a pillow. Actually, she has lost her sense.

“Im Yoona, you didn’t know your boyfriend’s voice or you didn’t know your boyfriend’s number?”, a man voice revealed. Yoona dropped her jaw, her eyes were finally opened. She looked at her phone screen once again for the second time, she hit her head softly. How come you forget your own boyfriend? Ppabo! She thought.

“Ah~ I’m sorry, dear”, she said with her aegyo voice, and then she heard her boyfriend chuckled.

“Why did you reject my call before?”, he asked with his husky voice.

She wrinkled her forehead, “Why did you call me in the middle of the night?”, a bit annoyed actually because he woke her up suddenly.

“You don’t like it? Arasso, I’ll end this”, he said it coolly but he’s a bit upset actually.

“Lee Jonghyun! Don’t you dare end this”, she said it quickly and loud, the woman beside her opened her eyes and gave her a death glare. Yoona just grinned, “Sorry, Unnie!” Honestly, she wanted to hear his voice. He usually calls her three times a day, text and ktalk can be every hour. But, they are busy lately, so they cannot talk as often as usual.

“Wae?”

Yoona felt a bit hesitate but then she said, “Bogoshipta”, with her aegyo voice.

The guy on the phone smiled widely, even though his girlfriend couldn’t see him. “Me, too. Mianhae..”

“For what?”

He sighed softly, “I’m sorry for disturbing your sleep. I know it’s already late but I miss you so bad” His confession made her eyes teary. She wanted to meet him, cuddling on the couch together, even though just watching the variety show on TV at the dorm. However, their schedule is so freaking crazy this year. Both of them have world tour and they cannot meet as much as they want. It made them sad sometimes.

They trapped in the silence for a while, hearing each other breath.

“You already sleep?”, asked Jonghyun.

“Not yet”, she said while yawning, “You haven’t slept yet?”

“I can’t. It’s already 2 am but I cannot sleep. I have to finish my song first”, he said with husky voice. Yoona suddenly felt worried.

“Where are you going tomorrow?”

“Practicing and composing a whole day!”

Yoona bite her lower lip listening to his schedule. She knew that Jonghyun loves music so much, but sometimes he’s so stubborn and seems like he doesn’t care about his own health. “You should rest now”, she said softly.

“I still wanna talk to you”, he said firmly, “But I just don’t know what to say. I miss your smile. I miss your face, hug, lips, voice. Tell me everything, my dear. I just wanna hear your voice.”

Yoona bite her lip, preventing the tears that started to fall, “Me, too. But you have to sleep so that your body will be fresh in the morning. You have to eat well, sleep well, don’t forget your vitamin. Don’t force yourself, ok?”, She kept nagging on his health. Strangely, he laughed listening to her advice while he’s saying ok.

“What are you laughing at?”, Yoona asked.

“You just like hyungsoonim when she nagged Yonghwa hyung few days ago”

“Of course! We are in one group, remember? And have a childish and spoiled boyfriend too”, teased Yoona, made Jonghyun a bit startled.

“Yah! I’m not like that. I’m a gentle man”, he said comfortably and it unconsciously made Yoona laugh. He missed her laugh too. “You owe me something”

“What?”, she asked confusedly.

“A kiss”, he continued his words, “and I guess this is my turn to give you a mission or maybe a punishment”

“WHAT? I’ll consider the kiss but the mission is a NO!”, she pouted, “What punishment? I didn’t even do anything wrong”

“You did forget your boyfriend a few minutes ago and I want you to make a “rock sign” when you’re back to Korea”, he said mischievously.

Yoona asked bluntly, “what the rock sign?”

“The rock sign, a hand gesture that I usually do in every photo”

“But I did a lot in SNSD concerts!”, Yoona started to protest.

“I know. Your unnie sent me a picture when you did that”, he said it calmly. Yoona couldn’t believe that. Who dares to send him her picture? She thought. She admitted that she loves doing “the rock sign” every time. Yes, it is because of him. He influenced her in every way, including her style lately, but sending him her pictures? It’s too much.

“Who? Taeng Unnie? Yuri Unnie? Sooyoung Unnie?”, she asked curiously. He replied, “I won’t answer that question. Just do it. Now, you have to sleep”

“But,…”

“Don’t you dare trick me, I’ll be watching you, ok?”, he said it sternly after that he heard her said “Hmm”. It meant she agreed. “Now, sleep. Good night and I love you”, he said it softly, just like a whisper.

“Good night. I love you, too”, CLICK! She ended the call and turned off her cell phone, back to her dreamland.

***

On the way to Changi Airport,

“Unnie, pleaseee”, she begged to Yuri who was sitting next to her. She wanted her unnies to do the punishment together. She already asked Jessica and Sunny but they refused. Then, she tried to convinced Yuri and Hyoyeon.

“Unnieee..”, she begged while pulled Yuri hands playfully.

“No! It’s your mission. Do it by yourself!”, she said while showing her annoying face.

 “It will be weird, unnie. People and fans will wonder why I show the rock sign suddenly”, she said it desperately, “You don’t want to help me?”

“No”

“Yoona-ah! I will do it. Aissh cincca this girl is so noisy”, Hyoyeon said, “You always say the same since this morning. I’ll help you but you should your nagging, ok?”

“Ok! Thank you unnie!”, she hugged her and kissed her cheek. Unnies and the maknae just shook their heads.

***

Incheon Airport,

A lot of fans and media already arrived at the airport. They knew that SNSD is back to Korea and they already anticipated their arrival. A few minutes later, one by one the members were out of the gate. The fans were screaming and cheering. They didn’t forget to take the picture of them. Yoona showed her “rock” sign in front of them, Hyoyeon followed. She showed it while smiling widely. Yuri and Sooyoung just giggled at the back. The others were trying not to care, but they already knew what Yoona’s doing. After that, they entered the van, suddenly her phone was ringing. She got a message:

“I was watching you from the news. You did great and beautiful as usual! See you in Beijing ^^”

Yoona read it and suddenly curved her lips. Her unnies started teasing her, “It must be Jonghyun. Omo! Look at her, smile widely like that”, Tiffany said. Yoona blushed so hard, made her unnies and the maknae harder. “UNNIEE!”, she screamed shyly. After that, she looked at her phone once again. She realized she hasn’t replied his message yet. But, she didn’t want to reply his message, she wanted to call him. She just wanted to hear his voice again.