XiuHan's Getaway Part 2

Smiling_GabzMe's Writing Corner
 

 

“…this is the only way”
Luhan’s words were hurtfully right.

Nine months had gone since then.
The first three months were especially hard for Xiumin, not that things changed too much the last six; but during the first three months, Xiumin kept wondering what did that note mean.

The only way for what? Stop loving him?
Because if that was the answer, Xiumin wondered why Luhan waited for so long to try to stop loving him. 

He acted like a fool. Luhan didn’t leave, he pushed him away.
It took him so much time to understand that. It was the only way to make him realize.
Now he was too late to try, and also, it was too unfair for Luhan.

Luhan, on the other hand, tried to move on.
After he decided to leave his and Xiumin’s apartment, Sehun was the first one to offer his help and even his apartment. Luhan didn’t accept it, but he was intensively grateful for the way the younger supported him in so many other ways without even expecting something in return.

Luhan knew about Sehun’s feeling, but it wasn’t until five weeks ago, after so many pleas from the blonde male model asking him for a chance, that he decided to try and knock on Cupid’s door.
After all, Sehun was maybe the one who would help him to forget his still-living love for his ex.
 
Sehun promised he would make him smile every day and he was accomplishing his goal. 
Luhan feels safe and happy when he is with Sehun, but when he is alone, his heart and his mind seemed to sabotage his tries and he couldn’t help but just to think on Xiumin. 
Was he okay? Was he happy? Was he dating someone else, too?
 
It was hell.
To even think about that possibility makes Luhan lack of words but rich in tears, ending up falling asleep and waking up the next morning with dry tears and red puffy eyes. Then he would tell a lie to his boyfriend when he asked if he was crying the night before, denying it and saying that he just didn’t have enough sleep.
Trying to fool him, and earning a warm hug from the younger who would tell him that he should get more sleep because he doesn’t want him to get sick.
 
Behind each one of Sehun’s kisses was hidden pure pain.
Because as much as he tried, he knew Luhan still loves Xiumin and still crying almost every night for him and their unfortunate love situation.
He wondered if someday Luhan would be able to love him as much as he loves Xiumin, but he has decided, it doesn’t matter how long it takes, he would be there for Luhan and waiting for him with his heart wide open.
 

Today the late autumn was showing its best shine.
Sehun asked Luhan to go out and have a date in order to enjoy the chill weather. Luhan agreed, asking him to go to his favorite park.

Sehun knows why this is one of his boyfriend’s favorite places. He used to come here often, with Xiumin.

The younger smiles, watching his boyfriend truly happy and smiling as well, holding hands as they walk just admiring the beautiful surroundings.
Sehun is in awe because he knows he had never love someone as much as he loves Luhan, he saves the hope that maybe someday Luhan will also want to share the rest of his life with him, because Sehun does.
There’s nothing that he wants more than stay with Luhan forever and make him sincerely happy every day, sharing the same house, the same bed, and being Luhan what he first sees every morning.
He was a bit sorry for Xiumin, but he had the chance and he let Luhan go.

Xiumin hoped to have some peace going for a walk, but the reality was sadly the opposite.
Now he remembered why he never wanted to come back to this place.
Right there, just a few meters away, was the love of his life being hugged by that young model; looking so happy and confident, the same way he someday looked in his arms some years ago.

 

Luhan was surprised by a simple question, one with the one he had dreamed so many times…but from another person.

“I know we’ve been dating just for five months, but I’ve loved you since the first time I saw you. You gave me the chance to promise you that I will make you happy, now please, give the chance to keep my promise a lot longer”

Sehun was there, on one knee, asking him to marry him with the most beautiful and expensive ring he has seen.

“Sehun…I-”

Eyes glassy with tears were looking at others crowded with hope.
He took the little box in his own hands and closed it; moving them now onto Sehun’s, Luhan closed his hands and stretched the younger’s, getting up and making the model stand up as well.

“I’m sorry, Sehun. I can’t” He started. “I do love you…”
“But you still loving him the most” -Sehun finished.

Luhan slowly nodded as he lowered his head and tears were not missing.

“Hey, Lulu, look at me”

Sehun took Luhan’s face between his hands.

“It’s okay. I knew it, and even if I wish you could say yes, I understand, and I will not force you to anything. I love you, but if I’m not the one, then it’s okay”

After kissing Luhan for the last time, he hugged him tightly. And then, Luhan knew, this was their farewell.

 

“Are you sure? I can get you to the airport if you want me to”

Days passed and Sehun decided to take the offer from an England modeling agency, he was now going to London to start his new facet with an international company, first a few photo-shoots, some TV commercials and an interview. Very promising future he has.

“It’s okay, Lu. If you go, I won’t be able to leave. Also, there’s somewhere I need to go before”
“Take care, Hunnie. And come back to visit as soon as you have a chance, okay?”
“You too and I promise”

He gave the address to the cab driver and within fifteen minutes he was knocking on a familiar door.

“Hey”
“Hey…what are you doing here?”
“I came to talk, Xiumin”
“Come in”
“There’s no need, I’m going to be concise, the taxi is waiting”
“I’m listening, then”
“I’m leaving, to London”
“What? But what about Luhan? I thought you guys-”
“-were going to get married?” -Sehun interrupted. “That’s funny, I thought same. The truth is, I proposed but he didn’t accept. As much as it hurts, he’s still in love with you, and I know you still loving him. I’m here just to tell you that you have another chance but you have to take care of him, for real. If you don’t I won’t doubt on letting everything there and take the first flight back here and take him away from you once for all”

Sehun handed him a piece of paper.

“This is the address. Go and make sure you win that chance”
“I don’t know what to say…thanks, Sehun”
“It’s okay, you don’t have to thank me, I’m doing this because I want Luhan to be happy. Now, what are you waiting for? Go!”

And even with a trace of hurt, Sehun smiled because he knew Luhan would smile.

 

 

 
Part two! ^^
I hope you like this...and let me know what you think, kay? I will appreciate it!
XOXO!