XiuHun's Last Time

Smiling_GabzMe's Writing Corner

 

His ears refused to listen. Nothing else could be worse than those words.
He observed the young male resting on the white bed, he was peacefully asleep.
He tried to fight back the tears filling his eyes but he couldn’t stop some of the liquid rolling down his cheeks.

“His heart is not working as it should, his condition has worsened. This time his brain wasn’t receiving enough oxygen, that’s why he fainted”
The doctor looked down to the papers, avoiding Minseok’s frightening gaze.
“I’m sorry; he has just a few months”

There is no surgery that could possibly work. At least that was what the doctors said.How can this happen? Sehun is just 18 years old. He should have a whole life, a healthy and long life.

“We will keep an eye on him, just in case there’s something we can do to give him the opportunity to live his last days the best way possible and with the smallest restrictions. Let’s wait until he wakes up and then you two can go home. Make sure he rests a lot and don’t let him get agitated in a few days, his heart still too weak”

Minseok only nodded, getting up from his seat at the same time as the doctor.
He walked to the younger’s side, his eyes don’t leaving his milky-white skin and soft features.
He has always been beautiful, but lately more than ever.

 

The truth is, his relationship with Sehun goes beyond friendly.
He has loved the younger since he has memory, and it seemed that the younger answered his feelings positively. Neither of them has never said something about it, Minseok has never formally asked Sehun out but they’ve been always together.
Every time Sehun’s parents had to attend their business trips, he stayed at Sehun’s house, slept in the same bed and comforted the younger in his arms until fell asleep.
A year ago, Sehun’s parents decided to move to China but Sehun decided to stay so they just decided to live together.
There has never been any ual contact between them, just a few innocent kisses have been shared.

 

Sehun shifted uncomfortably on the small bed, slowly opening his eyes and trying to get used to the lights.

“Hyung?”

His barely audible voice called for his “friend”.

“I’m here Sehunnie. How do you feel?”

Minseok tried to keep calm and quickly cleaned any remaining hint of his bitter tears before the younger could see him and lose any drop of hope.
The naïve Sehun straightened his body into a seating position.

“Better, I guess. What happened?”
“The doctor said you ran too much and your brain didn’t receive enough oxygen, that’s why you passed out”
“Can we go home now? You know I hate hospitals”
“Are you sure you feel better now?”
“Yes hyung, I’m just really hungry”

Minseok nodded to the younger and helped him to get on his feet.

 

They went back to their apartment, Sehun immediately plopping down in the couch and turning on the tv.

“I will go make something to eat. Is there anything you want?”
“Any thing would be fine”

Sehun smiled and Minseok felt his heart aching as he remembered the doctor’s words. He won’t be able to keep seeing that beautiful smile for longer than just a few months.
He fought those thoughts and smiled back for the other.
If Sehun would live just a few more months, then those will be the best of his life.

 

Since that day, there wasn’t a single one that they didn’t go out.
Sehun has gone to places he didn’t even know about their existence. From some small towns in the outskirts of the city to some beautiful cities where the endless amount of lights illuminated the night.
He started to have a bad feeling about all this.

 

There was a gray day, Minseok was on the phone, Sehun’s mother on the other side of the line. Her sobbing didn’t stop, she knew what was happening but she decided to not go back to his son’s side until she was able to manage his feelings. Sehun couldn’t see her in such a state.

“I haven’t told him yet. I don’t know how to do it. He’s so young” Minseok deep breathed  “It’s not fair, he deserves to live more than just a few months”

Exactly what he was trying to avoid, that’s exactly what happened.
He heard the door slowly opening.
He turned around just to see Sehun, his hands covering his mouth and his eyes wide open.
Of course he heard everything.
Minseok hurried to him and took him in his arms. Sehun stayed shocked for a moment before his tears finally starting to come out.
They stood there for a few minutes, Sehun crying on Minseok’s shoulder.
Suddenly, the older took Sehun’s crying face between his hands and aligned their lips together, matching them in a full kiss.

“Sehun-ah, I love you”

Minseok said, breaking the deep kiss.

“I really do”
“I love you too, hyung”

 

For the next five months, Sehun was the happiest person in the world. His parents spend with him every day and Minseok was always by his side. He sometimes even forgot about his condition.
Sometimes he would have to stop his activities for a moment, wait for the pain in his chest to calm down and the air to fill his lungs again. Minseok was always there.
He knew there was nothing to do to avoid his death, but he would never regret of anything. He’s sure he could look back to the past and there would be nothing he could regret.

 

Today, Sehun felt he has no energy to go out and be amazed for the world outside, his family and the one he truly loves.
Today he just feels like staying at home and enjoying the cold day cuddling against Minseok’s chest. He doesn’t even let the other go for some food.
It’s already evening and the both of them have been there since after- lunch, Sehun’s fragile body protected by Minseok’s warm arms.

 

“Hyung, thank you for everything” he softly says. “If I’m not able to see another day, I just want you to know how much I love and that I’ve always love you. Even if I can’t stay here with you, you have to know that I will always love you, always”

His breathing getting a little bit heavy as he speaks out the words.

“What are you saying, Sehunnie? You don’t have to say goodbye, not yet”
“Hyung, we both know there’s not much time”
“I love you too, Sehun. You have no idea how much”

The older tightened the embrace around the other. 

“And I will always love you. But please don’t talk like that, just have some rest. I’ll be here, waiting for you to wake up with one of your beautiful smiles”
“I’m sleepy, hyung. I’m very sleepy but I’m afraid” He looked right into Minseok’s eyes. “I’m afraid that, if I fall asleep, I won’t see you again”
“Don’t be, you’ll always be with me…and I will always be with you”

The younger placed a sweet kiss on the other’s lips.

“I love you, hyung”

He said before closing his eyes for the last time in this life.

 

 

Dedicated to my sweet and cute dongsaeng derpcheonsa~

Farah! Your aegyo worked! Lol!
Here's your XiuHun request...I hope this is enough angsty (?) xD
I don't think so~ anyway...I love you♥

Enjoy, you all~