KaiSoo's Unexpected Romance

Smiling_GabzMe's Writing Corner

 

 

Jongin stopped and fixed his blonde locks before entering the school.
Summer has ended and the reality couldn’t be more disappointing. He didn’t like school at all but it was, in some way, fun.
Being the popular guy had its benefits; even if he was known also as the heartbreaker, many, almost every of those hearts belonged to him.
He really knows how to have fun. Nothing serious, for him, the one who falls in love is also the one who lose. 
Jongin liked the new school years, that also means new student, new hearts to conquer and also new ways to have fun.
 
He walks down the school hallway, aware of the anxious glances he keeps stealing.
 
“You better watch where you walk the next time, you kiddo”
 
A deep voice called his attention.
Knowing the owner, he looked back just in time to see his friend Chanyeol pushing a small body aside. All of the boy’s books immediately falling to the ground.
A strong arm embraced his shoulders.
 
“Ayo Kai, what’s up?”
“That’s why Baekhyun is the only one that actually loves you”
“There’s no way you can compare, Baekkie is perfect”
“He’s scary when he uses his eyeliner, he becomes a headache”
“Whatever. Are you ready to start the game?”
“Always”
 
 
Kyungsoo is a transfer student. His parents moved to Korea so he had to leave his high school in US.
His first day in this school, the first five minutes here and his books have already met the ground.
 
“Maybe this is going to be worse than what I’ve thought”
 
He says to himself as he picks up his books.
 
The class is going to start anytime soon and he luckily finds his classroom just in time.
He excuses himself with the professor and hands him the paper containing all the details.
 
“Okay class, pay attention please. This is Do Kyungsoo and he’s going to be your new classmate. Kyungsoo please introduce yourself”
“Hello everyone, my name is Do Kyungsoo, please take good care of me” He bowed.
“Okay, Kyungsoo you can take that empty seat”
 
Jongin observed the boy seated next to his seat.
His owl-like eyes were funny but everything else was just flawless. He couldn’t take his eyes off the boy. Specially one thing: his heart-shaped lips.
They seemed so sweet and kissable, he wanted to taste them.
He seems so innocent and naïve as he pays attention and takes note, he was fully concentrated in the class.
Jongin, on the other hand, was fully distracted.
“Do Kyungsoo, uh?” He thought. “I’ll get to taste those lips of yours”
 
 
Days passed and Jongin’s tries to get closer to Kyungsoo were just futile.
Every time he would try to talk about anything, the other would just give him short answers and small smiles before excusing himself and leave the place.
He was getting frustrated, but Kyungsoo was deeper in his mind. He keeps thinking how to get closer to him, every single day; observing him from the other side of the room, secretly planning to gain his heart but little he knew, Kyungsoo has already unexpectedly stole his own.
 
“Hi Kyungsoo”
“Hello Jongin. How are you?”
“Fine…actually, I was thinking if you…uh…” He gulped “if you…would you like to go to buy some ice cream…to eat it…you know”
It wasn’t necessary to say that he was nervous, this is the kind of reaction he has lately around Kyungsoo.
“Thank you, but actually, I have plans already. I’m going to meet a friend today. I’m sorry”
“Uh…okay. No problem”
 
He turned around and silently cursed out to the wind.
 
“Why did you want to go out to exercise today Jongin? Luhan is waiting for me at home”
“Monggu needed a walk and I needed fresh air…and you needed to stay away from Luhan even just for an hour”
“Shut up. Wait, isn’t that Kyungsoo?”
 
The younger pointed to a red haired boy in the distant.
Jongin’s face became brighter as he kneeled down, facing his dog.
 
“Hey buddy, I need you to help me now, okay? You see that boy?” He pointed at Kyungsoo “I need you to go there and play”
“Jongin, are you crazy or something? Do you really think--”
 
Sehun was speechless seeing the dog running right to Kyungsoo and trying to play with him.
 
“So, this is how you catch the preys, uh?”
 
Jongin only smiled.
He ran to his dog, and Kyungsoo of course, and faked a worried face and trying to catch his breathe.
 
“Kyungsoo, thanks God. Monggu come here” The dog obeyed.
“Is your dog? How cute!” Kyungsoo kneeled down and started to play with the said dog.
“Yeah, we were walking him and he just ran. Thank you”
“Don’t worry, I did nothing”
“What are you doing here?”
“My friend just called me and she told she won’t be able to come today because he had an emergency call from his dad”
“I see”
 
Jongin looked at Sehun and motioned for a goodbye.
 
“Yeah…I was heading to home”
 
Kyungsoo sighed.
 
“I’m sorry to interrupt, but I’ll get going. Luhan is waiting for me. Nice to see you, Kyungsoo. See you tomorrow, Jongin”
 
 
After Sehun was gone, Jongin asked Kyungsoo if he wanted to go for that ice cream he has mentioned earlier that day and Kyungsoo gladly agreed.
Both of them, accompanied by the playful dog, walked around the park, eating their ice cream and talking about random things.
 
“By the way, I’m really sorry Kyungsoo”
“Why?”
“Your first day, Chanyeol pushed you. I didn’t know back then but if I would have known it was you, I would have beaten him”
“Don’t worry about it, I understand. He’s your friend…why would you want to beat him? It was also my fault”
“No, it was not, and I would beat him because how he treated you”
“Why?” Kyungsoo chuckled. “It’s nothing serious”
“It is for me, I used to be like that, too. But you changed me”
“Did I?”
“Yes, you did. Haven’t you heard the rumors about me?”
“Well, yeah”
“But you make me want to be a better person, just for you”
“Why me?”
“Because…I like you, Kyungsoo...I think I love you”
 
Kyungsoo was blushing hard, he couldn’t deny he liked Jongin but this wasn’t something he has imagined before. Jogin is the school-prince every girl and many boys wanted to have only for them.
 
 
The news were spread really fast.
The heartbreaker-Jongin was dating a random boy, a transfer student named Kyungsoo.
Hate and jealousy almost burned some eyes as the new couple walked, hand in hand, down the same hallway where Kyungsoo was pushed by one of Jongin best friends his first day in that school; but noone even tried to do something because if they do, there was Jongin, the most popular boy of the school, Kyungsoo’s boyfriend, to protect him.
 
 
 
 
My very first time writing KaiSoo~ >//<
AznDuckies I hope you like this! Lol! Don't mind the tittle..please :3