Sneak Peek to possible new story

One Shots

AN: This is a rough draft of a story that I may or may not actually go through. What you are about to read is part of the maybe chapter one. If you like it, let me know and I might continue writting it!



"Who is that?” Jonghyun asked his boss as a worker walked by. Even with all the dirt on the boy’s face, he could tell that he was beautiful.

 

His boss looked up from his clipboard and glanced at the boy. “I don’t remember his name,” he said before returning his gaze to the stack of papers haphazardly pinned to the clipboard. “Why?”

 

“No reason. I just don’t remember seeing him before.” Jonghyun stole one last look at the boy before walking in the opposite direction to supervise workers.

 

Half an hour later, he was falling asleep at his post. He was just about to shut his eyes when the boy walked right past him. Suddenly, he was wide awake. He watched as the boy began picking up the big rocks left over from the other workers. He was much stronger than he looked.

 

Jonghyun continued watching him throughout the day. And the day after that. And the day after that. It became a routine. Everyday at around noon, the boy would arrive in the area he supervised, and then Jonghyun would watch him tote rocks to and fro until around 5. Then the boy would take off his gloves, put them away and leave.

 

One day was different.

 

It started normally. Jonghyun checked the clock constantly as noon approached. At exactly 12 o’clock, the boy came in. Jonghyun smiled. The boy began to lift the heavy rocks, like he did everyday. Today however, Jonghyun noticed that he seemed to be having some difficulty with lifting bigger stones that he ordinarily picked up with ease.

 

When the boy paused to wipe his brow, Jonghyun studied him more closely. He was as thin as a rail. His baggy tank top did little to hide his rib cage. If Jonghyun had wanted to, he could have counted every one of his ribs. When he bent over, his spine stuck up in such a way that it also would have been quite easy to count every vertebra. Jonghyun couldn’t believe he had never noticed that before.

 

He also noticed that the boy was shaking like a leaf. At that moment, his boss walked behind him.

 

“Hey boss, I think that boy is sick,” Jonghyun said, turning to face the man and pointing over his shoulder at the boy. His boss merely grunted and continued on his way without even looking up. Jonghyun sighed and turned back around to watch the boy.

 

To his horror, the boy now laid on the ground. “NO!” he mouthed and ran over to the boy’s side. He was still breathing, but no matter how much Jonghyun shook him, he would not regain consciousness.

 

Without knowing what else to do, he quickly scooped the boy up into his arms and ran after his boss.

 

“SIR! SIR! Wait! Sir!” he yelled.

 

His boss turned around. When he saw the boy in Jonghyun’s arms, he raised his eyebrows. “Take care of it.” Without another word, he turned around and walked on.

 

“Wait what?? What am I supposed to do? Sir!” But the boss ignored him. Wait, did he just call this beautiful boy ‘it’?? Jonghyun glared at the back of his boss’s head. He made up his mind to quit the next chance he got.

 

He glanced worriedly down at the boy. “What am I going to do? It’s not like I can just leave you somewhere… Aish!” He shook his head. The only place he could really take the boy was his house… He sighed. “I guess I’m taking you home. I hope you don’t mind.”

 

He only lived a few blocks away, but he still ran. Once in his house, he ran to his small bedroom. He placed the boy gently on his bed. It worried him that the boy still hadn’t stirred.



AN2: Again, let me know if you like it! Otherwise I'll just let it go~