02. Did she get home safe?

In love with badman

The two of you came out of the shop with you holding the ice cream and him holding your back pack for you. 

"Wahh~ I never knew it would be really good to walk at night. It's so quiet and free." you said while eating your ice cream. 

"I think this is bad idea. I can sense you taking strolls alone at night from now on." he shook his head.

You chucked. He just knew you too much. He knew your crave for ice cream. He knew how much you like to stay alone. How you hated attention and fame. How you wanted people to view you not as a daughter of a successful businessman but as a normal teenager. He was the one who understands you most because his life was also like that. And that was one of the reasons why he fell for you. You get to know each other becasue of your parents.

"Do you remember the first time we met?" you asked him.

He looked at you and give a small smile, "You mean the little Joohyun crying on a swing because her father's going on business trip again?"

You rolled your eyes but smiled later as the flashbacks of the past came into your mind. You were crying at your house garden on the swing because you saw your father's luggage in the living room. You winced seeing his luggage because that meant you were going to be left again with just maids. The maids were good but even as a child you can sense them putting effort in trying to make you happy because they were afraid of losing their job. Although things will not be different even if your father was at home because he would always be in his study room, you thought having a family member at home would at least make you feel home and not at a child's care. 

That was when Lay came into your life. He wasn't that interested when his parents told him that they were moving to Korea and he would be left at an aquaintance's house for a while before they had completed their work. When he arrived to the mansion, he heard a soft whimper from the garden. Knowing that the adult's conversation would not be interesting, he decided to walk to toward the garden. There he saw you crying your heart out. 

"Oppa, if we hadn't met there, I don't think we would become this close." you said softly.

He just stayed quiet. Yes, it was true. If it was not like that, he would try to go back to China and you would never meet him again. 

"Thank you for coming at that time." 

"Thank you for crying." he joked.

The two of you laughed without knowing that a group of boys are following you. Seeing your uniform, they smirked at each other knowing you would have a lot of money in your wallet. After a while, you stopped walking when you heard voices from behind. You abruptly held Lay's hand and turned around to see a group of boys who looked like gangsters. Lay was taken by surprise too. He had never gone out at night and yes, he did not really know how to fight if he would ever need them. 

"Oh no." you muttered when you sensed that something bad was going to happen. 

Lay tightened his grip on your hand and faced the boys," Wh-what do you want? Money?"

The boys looked at each other and smirked at the jackpot. The girls looked scared and the guy looked like he did not know what to do. 

"How much do you have right now?" one of them asked Lay.

Your hand stealthily searched for your handphone in your bag while Lay reached for his wallet. 

"If you're trying to call someone, it will be a worse option." the guy looked at you directly and threatened.

Lay threw his wallet at him," Here. Take that and leave us now. No more."

When he reached down to pick it up, you looked at Lay hinting to run. Lay got your message and took your hand and started to run. 

"Aish. They run away! Catch them!" one of them shouted. Knowing that you two are rich, they would not let you two go away easily. 

At one point, your hand slipped off of Lay's and both of you took a different direction at the end of the road. Everything happened in a moment of a flash and Lay did not have time to change the direction and follow you. He looked back for a second and seeing that most of the gang members were following him, he had a moment of relief for your safety and ran faster. 

Just as you were running alone, you can sense your body getting tired. Your speed got slower and eventually, you were losing hope until you saw someone walking in front of you. In a glimpse of hope, you grabbed his hands to ask for help. As you opened your mouth to talk, you were taken back as he looked familiar. The boy from the convenience store. You looked back and saw the boys who were following slowly retreating backwards away from you. You squinted your eyes at their sudden change of movement and looked back at the boy. His other hand was holding up the phone to his ears, seeming that he is on the phone with someone. He raised his eyebrows and looked down at his hands that were grabbed by you. 

You quickly let his hands go away. Again, he shook his head and walk away, before you could apologize.

Rude. You thought to yourself but at the same time, you wondered what reaction you were expecting from the boy who was just intruded from a stranger. Seeing that the boys had left you, you sighed and searched for your phone to call Lay. You looked at your phone screen and sighed back in despair. Your phone ran out of battery.

You looked at his back. He was not too far yet. I don't think it's dangerous to ask for a phone from a stranger. "Wait!" you shouted. Of course, he did not stop. 

"Neh, hyung. I'm coming back now," Jongup was on his phone when you ran up to him and tapped his shoulder. He looked at you and raised his eyebrows. Again. 

You smiled at him meekly," Can I borrow your phone for awhile?"

"I'll be back later hyung. Bye," he talked to the other person on the phone line and hung up. He examined you for a while and gave it to you without asking any questions. 

"Thanks. My phone ran out of battery." you explained although he looked like he did not care. 


On the other hand, Himchan was wondering who Jongup was with. 

"He doesn't go out to meet a girl, right?" he thought out loud.

 Zelo looked at him curiously, "Who are you talking about, hyung?"

"I think Jongup is dating." he stated his assumption. 

"What?!" Daehyun looked up while playing with Kanji. Kanji is a pet puppy Daehyun adopted. 

"How can it be, hyung? " Youngjae laughed a little," He has the least interest in girls among us."

"But I think I heard a girl voice when I called him just now," Himchan scratched his head thinking whether he heard it right.

All the heads turned to him. Even Youngguk who was so immersed in game was now looking at Himchan. "Really?"


"I am safe. Don't worry. Where are you?" You were talking on your phone to Lay while Jongup was waiting for his phone. He did not complain nor look at you. 

"Ok. I will wait here then," you replied," Don't worry about me. See you later~." 

You hung up and a picture of pokemon appeared in his phone background. You cracked up a little but stopped immediately when Jongup turned towards you. 

"Thank you," you handed him his phone while trying to keep a straight face. 

He looked at you slightly. He was just going to leave but a part of him felt like he should not leave you alone." Do you know your way back home from here?" 

"No. My friend knows the area well so he will be coming here," you replied still kind of amused because you still cannot get the pokemon picture out of your head. 

He nodded and walked away. Unconsiously, he touched his face. *Do I have something on my face?* 

Just after a few minutes later, Lay arrived. "Sorry, did I take too long?" 

You smiled at him and hugged him, relieved that all the ruckus was over, "Nooo, I am glad you are here now." 

Lay pinked at the sudden skinship but cleared his throat, "See this is why I said it is not safe to walk alone at night. We should be more careful next time." 

"Araso, no late night strolls for me." you said in a ressuarance and started walking. 

A few minutes passed by and you both reached your house. That was when you realized it would be unsafe for Lay to walk back home alone. Lay also seemed to realized how back and forth this walking back home was. You chucked a little, "Do you want to sleepover? If not, I will ask ajashi Do to walk you back." 

Ajashi Do worked at your house and made sure your home is safe everyday. Lay nodded, "I will just go back home. I have to take care of some stuffs." 

Later that night, before you went to bed, you thought back about your unusual day - late night stroll with just Lay, the dangerous streets, and meeting that mysterious stranger who saved you from trouble. 


Back at Jongup's place, he was getting bombarded with relationship questions by the whole BAP crew. 

Himchan peered with his finger tapping his chin, "I heard a girl's voice for sure. Who was it?" 

Jongup answered calmly, "I don't know." He was not lying. He really did not even know your name. It regretted him because then Himchan would not look at him suspiciously. 

"Ohhh, our Jongup is good at answering questions like this now." Daehyun laughed. 

"So you did not go out to meet a girl?" Youngjae asked. 

"No." Jongup answered curtly. 

"Then why did I hear a girl's voice?" Himchan was asking Jongup but now he was not even sure if he heard it right. 

"Hyung, should we visit the hospital for your ears?" Zelo teased. 

"Aish, this guy do you think I am an old man?" Himchan tried to kick Zelo but failed. 

Yongguk walked over to the boys from his game," So in the end, it was Himchan who overreacted?" He grabbed his ramen from the grocery bag and went to the kitchen to eat. 

"Aii, hyung. This is no fun," Youngjae said to Himchan, "Please come up with new jokes," and went back to his room that he shared with Daehyun and Jongup. 

The conversation about Jongup's dating scandal died down but it left Jongup to think about you that night. 

"Did she get home safe?" 


Hope you enjoyed this. Comments are always welcome. Thank you for reading up till chapter 2. :) Enjoy~