01. Encounter

In love with badman
'She's here.'
 
'How can she be so pretty?'
 
'She has everything.'
 
'She is perfect, isn't she?'
 
'Wish i could be like her.'
 
Class had ended and you were walking to your locker. Those words followed you wherever you go. Yes, you were pretty, rich, smart and to sum up, you were perfect. Everyone in school admire you; boys have crushes on you while the girls secretly want to be like you. Because of that, it was hard to make friends as the girls turned out of befriend you because of jealousy or for popularity while the boys turned out to just want to flirt with you. You would still talk to them, but deep down you know their true intentions. 
 
"Hey, Joohyun." Lay, your one and only best friend greeted you as you walk towards the school gate. 
 
He was your childhood friend and not to mention, he was also another definition of perfect. Like you, he was rich, smart and has good looks. Unlike you, he was quiet. The only person he would talk to is you in the whole school, other than teachers but that was more because he was forced in the school situation. 
 
"Hey, Yixing. What's up?" You are the only person who calls Lay by his real name. 
 
"Are you ready for English test?" 
 
You smiled at his nerdy talk, "Do you want to revise together before the class?" 
 
He nodded and both of you went into the classroom. Both you and Lay took the classes seriously, as you both have dreams to get into a good university. For you, it also helped you forget about the loneliness you felt at home, from having only a father as a parent who was always on business trips. 
 
When school was over, you looked at Lay. After packing his books, he noticed your slight sense of sadness and smiled at you, "Do you want to come over to study today?" 
 
He could just read you by looking at you. He knew your father was away after coming back home for a day this week. 
 
Your face lit up and said, "YES! I would never say no to that, you know that."
 

"Himchan Hyung! Where are my boxers?" Zelo hollered.
 
"Find them in your room!" Himchan said while cooking.
 
"I can't find them. I already searched in my drawers, closet, laundry basket..." Zelo continued until he had mentioned everything in his room.
 
Daehyun walked into the kitchen, "Himchan hyung, Zelo is being noisy again. Oh are these cookies?"
 
"Did I hear cookies?" Youngjae looked up from his book.
 
"These are mine." Daehyun said like he is claiming his property.
 
Yongguk shouted while playing his game, "Someone control Zelo! I can't concentrated with his noise. Himchan?!"
 
"Aish!" Himchan put the cookies on the table and walked out," You guys only know how to eat. And where is Jongup?"
 
"Don't call him, Hyung." Daehyun said while cooling his cookies,"It's enough sharing these with pig Youngjae."
 
"Maybe he is in his Manga world." Youngjae said with cookies in his mouth.
 
Himchan took off his apron, "How come you guys always do what you like and I've to do housework?"
 
"Did you call me?" Jongup walked into the kitchen.
 
"No." Both Youngjae and Daehyun blurted quickly, wishing cookies won't get his attention. 
 
Jongup said, "I'm going to the nearby store. Do you want to order anything?"
 
"Cheesecake!" Daehyun said.
 
"Meat." Youngjae added.
 
"Ramyun for me!" Yongguk shouted while working on the computer with his magic hands. 
 
"Then I'll be going." Jongup put on his shoes and headed out. 
 
"Jongup is going out?" Himchan came out after helping Zelo and shouted," Don't do something rash. Call us if there is anything special."
 

After studying with Lay, you both decided to walk back to your house. The neighborhood is not in the hub of the city, and it was not relatively dangerous like the slums.

"It feels new to walk together with you late at night." you said to Lay while walking out of his house.

"I still think it's dangerous to be walking at night." he replied while closing the door.

You rolled your eyes slightly at his carefulness, "I can just walk alone then." 

He sighed," More reasons why you shouldn't be walking alone."

As you were about to leave, you heard Miss Oh, the caretaker of Lay's household chimmed," Turn on your locations on your smartphones kids. Call us immediately if anything."

"Neh~", you replied at her kind words. Miss Oh was like your second mother, even though you never really had one. She believed that both you and Lay needed to know about other life skills other than just studying and getting into a good school. 

On the way, you talked and he would looked at you and laughed at your punch line.

 

 

"I'm thirsty." you muttered out of the blue.

He chuckled, "Of course you would be. You haven't stopped talking."

"I did that so that you won't be bored." you stuck out your tongue.

"I don't think there will be any shops opening now." he said while looking around.

"Oh there's one. Let's go." you grabbed his hand and towards a small grocery store.

His eye fell on the hand that you were holding. 

"I'm eating ice cream too." you said it like you are stating the fact and give him a playful smile.

BAMM. You crashed into somebody You gasped and looked in front to find a blond guy.

 

You opened your mouth to apologize while he just got down and picked up the things that dropped from the bag after the impact. 

"I'm sorry." you let go of Lay's hand and pick up the ramyun packet that was scattered on the ground.

Lay too scooped down to pick up the grocery.

The boy muttered, "It's ok. I can pick them up myself."

"No, I'm really sorry. I wan't looking in front." you apologized again and gave him the things you picked up.

He grabbed them from your hand, hastily put them in his grocery bag and proceed to leave. You looked back to see if he was alright. 

"Come on. Let's go get ice cream." Lay took your hand and went inside the shop.


Annyeong my readers.

Thank you for your heartfelt subscription and lovely comments. I hope this first chapter will introduce you to the characters and not bore you. It would mean too much to me if you leave your thoughts in the comment section below. And hope you enjoy the first chapter~